Four

When You Smile, Sun Shine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Most days after student council work, Minseok works at his parents' restaurant. Well, not really worked, since he doesn't get paid. (He asked to get paid once and his mom said he was too young to handle money). It's a bit busy from time to time, but for the most part when Minseok is there, not much happens. All he has to do is bring plates from the kitchen and place them on tables with a sweet smile. Sometimes he even gets to press the buttons on the cash register (though his dad gets a bit nervous since he undercharged a customer once because his finger slipped on the buttons).

Minseok noticed that there were a group of boys sitting at a table near the entrance. They were so loud and distruptive, and Minseok could see it in the other customers' faces. He should say something, but he reeeeally wish he could but.... no can do. Since that table sat Kim Jongdae and his stupid friends. Minseok tried his best to hide his face, not that Jongdae even knows what he looks like (but that idiot Jongin does). 

"Minseok, can you do something for me?" his mother asked as she approached. 

"Hm? Sure mom." Minseok nodded as she bent down. "Do you know those kids?" his mother asked. Minseok turned to peer toward the table she was pointing to, only to have his cheeks blush madly. He shook his head violently. 

"Well, since you look their age, can you go over there and tell them to quiet down?" she requested. "They're disturbing the other customers. And they're playing with their food, which I don't appreciate." 

"B-But--"

"Please Minseok." 

Minseok opened his mouth again to reply, but slowly closed it when he gave in. He sighed.

"O-Okay, fine...." Minseok muttered. "If they don't quiet down, it's not my fault..." His mother just giggled and returned to work. 

Minseok's hands itched, and his throat ran dry, and his heart thumped a million beats per second. All he could see was Kim Jongdae, sitting there with a bright grin on his face as his friends fought over something idiotic, much like themselves. Minseok took in deep breaths, hoping to the God, Buddha, Allah, whoever was up there, that he wouldn't trip and fall in front of Jongdae. Oh no. Because that would be painfully embarrassing.

He let out a relieved sigh as soon as he got to the table without embarrassing himself. It seemed like an eternity in which he took just to get there. 

"What're you doing here?" mumbled one of Jongdae's friends. This punk was Jongin. 

"U-Uh..." Minseok felt his throat tighten as soon as he felt everyone's eyes on him-- especially Jongdae's. Jongdae had deep brown orbs-- though usual for a person of Asian descent-- but Minseok felt like he can drown in his eyes anyway. It was like there were a thousand mysteries embedded deep within him, and his soul was hiding something from everyone else. Minseok swallowed. 

"C-Can you please quiet down?" Minseok almost whimpered. His voice was nervous and came out a little shaky. 

"And why should we?" Jongin spat.

"B-Because..." Minseok swallowed again. "You're bothering the other customers." 

"So what?" Jongin scoffed. "You can't do anything abou--"

"You're Kim Minseok, right?" Jongdae asked. Minseok felt himself freeze. Was Jongdae talking to him? Was he... actually... talking to him?

"Y-Y-Yeah," Minseok's cheeks blushed a soft pink as he nodded. Involuntarily, a smile crept upon Jongdae's lips because, well, Minseok was so goddamn cute. He didn't expect the boy to be so... adorable. 

"You have the cutest cheeks," Jongdae continued, with a smirk. Minseok's cheeks burned a deep red as he stood there, stunned. "And your eyes are so big and round. They're so.... cute." 

All of Jongdae's friends gave him strange looks before glancing at each other. This wasn't exactly the plan.... All Jongdae had to do was ask for the club back. But right now, he was just... flirting. 

"Jongdae," Jongin hissed in a low whisper. The elder gave him a quick glance before turning back to Minseok. "Jongdae, hey, seriously! The club!" Jongdae ignored that as well as he continued to stare at Minseok. He watched as the elder's cheeks flushed a deeper crimson red, since Jongdae's stare lasted a bit too long. 

The younger boy had no idea why he was so intrigued by Kim Minseok. He was just a normal boy his age, just like him -- well, maybe more mature and absolutely cute. Jongdae figured he would have been a bit uncomfortable around this so-called Kim Minseok because, geez, the boy and a crush on him, and that's not something a normal growing boy would be okay with. But Minseo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter