One

When You Smile, Sun Shine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Oh God. Minseok knew he could never trust Kim Junmyeon. Never trust a smart guy. Why? 

Because one day, that smart guy is going to transfer to some elite, high class school. And he will leave you to sit next to your one and only crush at the entrance ceremony. 

 

Minseok swallowed hard as he tried to sit up properly. There wasn't any position that could make him feel comfortable with Kim Jongdae sitting beside him. 

 

Yes. Kim Jongdae. 

 

It wasn't that Jongdae made him feel uncomfortable. It was just that... Minseok's stomach was doing flips and cartwheels and had butterflies fluttering inside of him as if he were a sanctuary. And his heart was beating a little too quickly. 

 

Goddamnit, Kim Junmyeon. 

How could you move away? 

 

For Minseok's whole life, Junmyeon was the sole boundary that separated the two of them. It was just because their names began with K, ended in M, and had an I in the middle. But Junmyeon separated them because he was the U after the O and Minseok was just the M that probably didn't belong. But now that Junmyeon is gone, Minseok belongs there as much as Jongdae does. 

 

Minseok wished he didn't.

 

He could have sat anywhere else in the room. Anywhere that wouldn't make him as nervous as now. What if embarrasses himself or anything? Like what if... he doesn't really know because nothing really could go wrong anyway. He's sitting throughout the whole speeches. Nevertheless, Minseok is nervous. 

Jongdae was silent for the first half of the opening ceremony. When Minseok glanced at him, he looked as if he matured over the vacation. But that thought ended when Jongdae and his friends began throwing paper balls at each other. 

 

...Maybe he didn't mature yet.

 

Minseok was older than him by a couple months. Minseok had already turned thirteen a while ago, while Jongdae was stuck between child and teen (which everyone believes he'll always be a child no matter what).

The elder boy couldn't believe he liked someone so childish and immature as Kim Jongdae. There are moments when all he wanted to do was jab his pencil through Jongdae's eye sockets whenever he'd interrupt a lesson to say something stupid. However, at the same time, Minseok just wants to cuddle up to him and give him hugs every time he sees him.

Minseok doesn't, cause... that would be weird, wouldn't it?

Minseok and Jongdae never said anything to each other before. Chances of Jongdae even knowing Minseok's name were probably 0%, even though they have sat near each other in the entrance ceremony since elementary school. Jongdae never pays attention to anyone but himself anyway. 

It wasn't long before one of the papers they were throwing around hit Minseok right in the middle of his forehead. 

"Sorry 'bout that," Jongdae passes it off, grabbing the crumpled ball of paper after it falls into Minseok's lap. He didn't even glance at Minseok. As soon as he felt the paper in his hand, he ejected it back toward his friend, Jongin, across the room. 

Jongin also could have separated the two of them. However, he was put into a different class this year because if the two of them were put together, hell would break loose in the classrooms. 

Minseok exhaled deeply before fiddling with his thumbs nervously. What if he has to talk to Jongdae? What if his tongue gets all twisted and his palms get sweaty and-- Minseok shook his head. No. Jongdae is never going to talk to him, ever. He hasn't spoken to Minseok for the seven years they've been in each other's presence. He probably doesn't even know Minseok was in each of his classes since kindergarten. 

 

In the end, Minseok didn't have to speak to Jongdae at all. In fact, as soon as the ceremony ended, Minseok turned to see if Jongdae was still standing beside him. He wasn't. Jongdae dashed out the auditorium in an attempt to play a childish game of tag with Jongin before gettin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter