(1) I have a job?

Private Concert

(1)

I trudged all the way inside Incheon Airport, rubbing my eyes wishing that this day would just come to an end so that I could resume my sleeping that was rudely interrupted by my parents this morning. My cousin is scheduled to fly to London today and my parents decided to fetch her so she would come to the airport safely, though Mi Cha (cousin’s name) constantly reminds them that she’s already an adult and can go to the airport herself. Mom treats all of us like children and my dad just goes with the flow so we can’t really do anything about it.

I was dragged away from my bed this morning by my mom and she was literally shouting at my ear to hurry the hell up. And right now with the little strength I have since the morning, I don’t really know if I could continue walking like this. It looked like the place is one big doll house and I’m the small ant. I don’t even know what I’m thinking anymore.

Then a voice rang in my head. “Hyojung!” That’s it. I’m officially delusional. I need my bed right now.

“Hey, Song Hyojung!”

I didn’t know what my shocked face looked, but I knew it was ridiculous. Mi Cha pulled me by my scarf and lightly slapped my cheek to get me back to my senses. She knew how I always acted in the morning, let alone when I got woken against my will, since we’ve been together since middle school. My aunt (her mom) lived with us before but had to leave overseas because of work and little Mi Cha then became part of the family (she was in the beginning but you get the picture). We went to the same college and both graduated in Foreign Languages and Literatures (I always loved learning new languages). Then at this time, she got a job in London while I remained as a hopeless jobless person.

“What? You know you can buy me a portable bed from London and deliver it right here...” I mumbled groggily. She just giggled and nudged my shoulder muttering something like ‘stupid’.

“For the mean time, I’ll give you this!”

She handed me a plain black box.

“You should work on your gift boxes. Learn that in London.”

“Oh, stop being jealous and open it!” she insisted and right then and there, I've seen the cutest watch ever. It didn’t have cartoons in it or Pokemon or anime or boy groups or stuff, but it was really cute. It’s small and white and had these pretty gems around it.

“You’re seriously giving it to me?!”

“That’s right, girly. Be punctual! That would make you less tardy.”

“Aw, you thoughtful, thoughtful cousin~” I cooed, elbowing her ribs. “I should’ve given you my gift today, not a week ago.”

She laughed again and stepped back, after hugging me like she'd never hugged anyone before.

“See you soon! I’ll come back next Christmas. Bye~”

She turned to her heels and walked to the departure area. My parents had proud smiles on their faces and I was half happy that she was being successful and another half for being able to come back home to sleep. I gave my parents a look they would easily decipher and shook their head.

“Your mom and I decided to have tea before going.”

“What? But I don’t drink tea...”

“Exactly.” I cocked my head to the side. Well, this is confusing. “Now that your cousin is gone, be a little more independent and go out on your own.”

“I could’ve been more independent if you hadn’t treated me like a child these past few years.” I mumbled under my breath after they turned their backs on me and walked to the tea shop like the couple they are. I crossed my arms and sighed deeply in disbelief, thinking of where could I possibly go if I was this sleepy. I need to raise these heavy eyelids of mine and what other thing could help me overcome sleep other than caffeine.

I stopped by in a coffee shop, ordered coffee and sat there for minutes, having the time of my life relaxing like the world is on hold. The bitter-sweetness of the coffee is so soothing and the small couch I’m in is so cosy I wonder how these could be so calming. I could stay like this for forever and my mind suddenly turned blank and for a second, I don’t know anything happening in this world – until I felt my whole body being yanked away from my seat, my arm being held tightly by someone. I was out of senses before I was completely hauled away out of the coffee shop. The man aka kidnapper was blabbering something about being late and slacking off. I was trying to question him but from the shocked state I’m in, I forgot how to form words. By the sudden movement, coffee was spilling everywhere and if I were wearing a white sweater right now, it could’ve been stained all over. And if the coffee weren’t that hot, then I wouldn’t have a stinging pain on my arm. It was scorching hot that I remained motionless, not knowing how to react. Things were starting to be really confusing... and painful.

I rooted my feet to the floor and eyed the man before questioning him.

“What do you want from me?!”

It would be nice if this would be the romantic moment of a handsome man pulling me away from the coffee shop because I was being haunt down and he was a secret agent, but no. This man is like someone in his late thirties and doesn’t look like an agent.

“Can’t you see the boys just got out of the plane? And you just disappeared! Where were you?” I seriously don’t know what he’s talking about. I know and understand nothing. I don’t know if I should be scared or what. I got this weird feeling of not feeling any nervousness at all, though there is like more than half a chance that this guy is a kidnapper or some psycho that just got away with the guards.

“The boys? You mean – Wait, those people aren’t allowed here –“ Maybe he’s some mafia leader or something.

“Did you just hit your head? You’re a coordinator, you should know this stuff!” he spat at me.

My face displayed a big question mark and this idiot just won’t notice it. He might be mistaking me for someone else.

An addition to my confusion, he pushed me to a crowd waving banners or placards over their heads. I couldn’t read those in it because the placards were facing the other side.

“What am I doing here?”

“You get over there and stop acting like you don’t have a job!!!” Okay, old man, stop yelling at me already!

“Now get to work and be useful!” he pushed me through the crowd and once I was pushed at the end of the line, my stomach got caught by the boundaries and I stumbled on it, knocking down a few borders with me. The crowd slightly stopped and looked at me and muttered things such as ‘desperate’, ‘trying-hard fan’ and ‘sasaeng’. Me? A sasaeng fan? There must been some kind of mistake here. Is this a test or what? I should be an independent young adult but this is being too much. I searched for the man with my sight and I saw him covering his face in embarrassment. What the hell is going on?!

“You! Get to the coordinators, IMMEDIATELY!”

“Geez, okay, okay. Calm down.” I mumbled and walked to where the coordinators should be. If this is the test my parents give me then better go along the flow. Then I saw some light when I walked forward. It was so bright I could’ve fainted. Or is it just me...

The light grew brighter and brighter and once it faded, I couldn’t believe my eyes. This is a dream right? Because if it is, I wouldn’t open my eyes or even dare to wake up even if my parents dragged me off my bed. Yoon Doojoon walked past me, then Hyunseung, then Junhyung, then I got pushed by the man again.

“I will fire you if you would make a mistake again.”

Fire? I have a job?

Wait a minute. This is a joke right?

I have been mistaken as a coordinoona and this noona works with BEAST! I need someone to calm me down. I need coffee, I need something. This is too much for my heart. I feel it threatening me to get out of my chest and dance happily.

Not overthinking about it, I did what the man said and walked to where the other noonas could’ve been, at the end of the line. I was lucky I had a spot right next to Dongwoon and this beautiful guy is so freaking tall. I had to hold my head up high to see his head. It was the perfect stance to thank the heavens for such a blessing of walking near Dongwoon even if he is unaware of it. The noona walking beside me accidentally (maybe) pushed me so I bumped into him slightly. He turned to me and once we had a second of eye contact, he greeted me. “Hi, noona.”

I’m not your noona but hi to you too! Oh my god, what should I do?!

“Hello! Work hard!” That wasn’t what I thought of saying but he nodded in acknowledgment and looked away.

I don’t know if I should fangirl or what. This coordinator that I was mistaken for was actually working for B2ST. I caught myself smirking. It would be nice to play as a contributor once in a while. I shook my head by the thought. It was just so wrong at the right time, though many would take this once in a blue moon chance. And I should probably be getting home by now. But this is BEAST. Unable to make a decision for my future, I just followed the person in front of me, jaw dropped, and eyes glued to the six idols walking in front of me. One word: WhattheheckdidIjustgotmyselfinto.