f o u r

Animal Inside

 

 
 
"I don't like being here." Yixing said nervously.
 
"I'm sorry my shop unnerves you." Kori said through slits for eyes.
 
"I didn't mean it like that." He sputtered.
 
"Mhm." Kori grumbled and went off to help customers.
 
Yixing cradled his head in his hands while Suho, his close friend, patted his shoulder.
 
"Don't worry about it. She's not really offended."
 
"I know." Yixing sighed. "I just hate not telling her things."
 
Suho nodded sympathetically.
 
Jeah and Kori bumped into each other behind the counter.
 
"Jeah, Kris doesn't seem good to me or Yixing." Kori shook her head. "Why can't you fall for a nice guy like Suho?"
 
Suho remained silent. Jeah just shook her head and went to fill orders.
 
"Nice try." Suho said monotonously.
 
"It was worth a shot." Kori pouted and leaned on the counter.
 
"It doesn't work that way." Yixing tried to explain.
 
"Why not?" She didn't get answer.
 
Kris entered the cafe and went to his usual table. Within seconds he was served and Jeah walked back to the group on her toes.
 
Yixing visibly tensed. Kori scanned Suho for a reaction.
 
Suho watched Kris inquisitively.
 
"Hold on." He stood and strode over to the stranger's table.
 
Kris looked up and raised his eyebrows. "Can I help you?"
 
"Loner." Suho bowed his head slightly. "I'm Suho."
 
"That's nice." Kris scoffed.
 
"What are you doing around here?" Suho sat in the empty chair across from Kris.
 
Kris didn't like this.
 
"I'm traveling. It's what we do." He said slowly. "You said it yourself: I'm a loner."
 
Suho rolled his eyes. "You seem like you're far from home to be just traveling."
 
"I don't have a home." Kris replied shortly and stood to leave. Jeah waved at him enthusiastically and he gave her a nod before disappearing out the door.
 
Kori scurried over with Yixing close behind.
 
"So?" She plopped down in the recently vacant seat.
 
"I don't know yet." Suho's eyes flicked up to Yixing. "But we need to have a discussion."
 
"About what?" Kori asked, wide-eyed.
 
"I don't like him. I don't know why." Yixing said flatly. "But I don't."
 
"I do." Suho smirked and leaned back in his chair.
 
Yixing made a questioning face.
 
"What is it?" Kori asked, getting frustrated. "What kind of code are you speaking in?"
 
"Don't worry about it." Suho flashed a million dollar smile. "Come on."
 
He gestured to Yixing who stood as if pulled by strings.
 
"Where are you going?" Kori shrieked. "Why aren't you telling me anything?"
 
"Later." Yixing said quickly before pecking her cheek and following Suho outside.
 
"What the-" She shook her head slowly. Jeah came to clean up the table and ask what was wrong.
 
"Secrets." Kori swallowed. "That's what's wrong."