Minhyuk's flood of messages

The orphaned girl

It's been a month since that day. We still hanged out of course. I couldn't stop thinking about it. Oh Jinae was once my name, for sure. But why don't I remember him in my past? Maybe it was because of the fire? No, I clearly remembered that the doctor told me that the only thing I had was a broken arm. Nothing else.

It a weekend. I was on my bed, studying since the exams were coming up. My phone vibrated next to me and I picked it up. Minhyuk sent me a message since we exchanged numbers last week.

From : Squirrely Hyuk Oppa
How are you doin'? >3< Or... What are you doin'? ^0^

I read the message and smiled without knowing. I replied him.

To : Squirrely Hyuk Oppa
Nothin' much... just studying. What about you, you lazy squirrel?

From : 
Squirrely Hyuk Oppa
I believe that I don't need to study, miss. Have you seen my past records? 

To : 
Squirrely Hyuk Oppa
Yeah, yeah. You got straight As. Don't need to brag, yo.

From : 
Squirrely Hyuk Oppa
I AM NOT! .....so.. anyway.. are you free today?

To : 
Squirrely Hyuk Oppa
Let me see.. I have to study English, Science, Maths, History, and Geography. OF COURSE, I'M FREE.

From : 
Squirrely Hyuk Oppa
Great, then I'll pick you up later.

To : 
Squirrely Hyuk Oppa
That was sarcasm, oppa. You don't even know where I live. But I can make time for tomorrow I guess.

From : 
Squirrely Hyuk Oppa
I did not see that coming. I'M BUSY TOMORROW! WHY IS THE UNIVERSE SO CRUEL?!?! It's so cruel, I just want to draw someone flipping tables!
(╯°□°)╯彡︵┻━┻

To : Squirrely Hyuk Oppa
Put. The. Table. Back. (ಠ益ಠ) 

From : Squirrely Hyuk Oppa
┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ) Yes, ma'am.

"Young mistress, your father is calling you." A maid called behind the door. "I'll be there in a second!"

To : 
Squirrely Hyuk Oppa
Better ^-^ Oppa, my dad is calling me. ಥ⌣ಥ I can finally stop now.

From : Squirrely Hyuk Oppa
Do I annoy you that much? T3T Ok, take care now~ And tell me everything once you're done~~!

I put my phone in my pocket and I went downstairs to see appa discussing with another man his age. "Hello, my name is Hwang Jinae." I bowed ninety degrees since father told me to always introduce myself if he had a guest. "I'm guessing this is your daughter?" The man said.

"Yes. Beautiful, isn't she?" Dad said and I blushed in embarassment. "Yes, she's perfect for my son." The man said and I looked at dad in confusion. What does he mean? Dad looked back at me. "It's a long story, Jinae. You this man here? He's appa's partner. He has a son and he wants you to meet him." I was still dumbfounded. "Appa, are you telling me to go on a blind date? Are you going to arrange a marriage for me?"

"I'm not forcing you to like or marry him. I'm just saying that I want the both of you to get along, and maybe if the both of you do develop feelings for each other, maybe you'll marry him once you get older." Dad said as he gave me an assuring squeeze on my shoulder. "Alright, appa. For you." 

"And it's tomorrow."


*~*~*~*

I texted Minhyuk oppa about my situtation.

To : 
Squirrely Hyuk Oppa
Oppa... T^T My dad asked me to go on a blind date!

From : 
Squirrely Hyuk Oppa
Really? Why? T0T Don't leave me for some dude that you don't even know!

To : 
Squirrely Hyuk Oppa
My dad told me to! There was also an ajusshi. He said he was the father of the 'dude that I don't even know". The blind date is tomorrow! D':

From : 
Squirrely Hyuk Oppa
._. My dad also wanted me to go on a blind date. He showed me her picture. She was really pretty ^o^

To : 
Squirrely Hyuk Oppa
Not cool, Minhyuk. Not cool. You can't just simply say that another girl is pretty to the girl you're talking to. Which is like, your bestfriend.

I thought about the girl that was going to have a blind date with Minhyuk. She must be really lucky. I went back to studying until I slept with my face on the stack of books.