First Love

The orphaned girl

[Jinae's Point of View]

"Do you, Lee Minhyuk, take Hwang Jinae as your lawfully wedded wife? Do you promise to love her forever, respect her, take care of her, help her, in joyful times and in hard times, healthy times and sickness times, everyday, forever?" The priest said to Minhyuk as he was smiling brightly at me. "Heck yeah, I do!" The guests chuckled at his playfulness.

"Do you, Hwang Jinae, take Lee Minhyuk as your lawfully wedded husband? Do you promise to love him forever, respect him, take care of him, help him, in joyful times and and in hard times, healthy times and sickness times, everyday, forever?" The priest then turned to me as he said that. "I-i do." I was crying tears of joy. I was finally going to marry the one I love.

"You may now kiss the bride." He turned to Minhyuk again. "I love you, Jinae-ah." He said to me as he cupped my face. "I love you too, Minhyuk oppa." He was about to pulled me into a kiss when..

*RING RING RING RING RING RING RING*

"Aish, chincha." I muttered as I went to snooze the alarm. "6:30 a.m. already?" I usually wake earlier then that. Awkward. That was the most weirdest dream I had in my life. Why did I even dream about him? That's just even weirder.

Anyway,I did my usual morning routine. Be shouted at by Taeeun. Put on my uniform. Taehoon asking me to choose how we're gonna get to school. Taehoon eating what I'm eating and still doesn't admit he copies me. Riding in the limo since I don't really want the other two options. Sleeping on Taehoon oppa's shoulder and last but not least, him doing over-protective brother stuff.

The bell rang. I quickly went to my class when Minjung unnie sat on Minhyuk's seat. "So~" Minjung wiggled her eyebrows. "Don't do that, unnie. That's creepy." She pouted when I said that. "I meant what's going on with you and Minhyuk! The both of you already dropped formalities on the day you guys met. Which was yesterday! And the other guys would drop formalities with you only after a month. COME ON! TELL ME WHAT'S UP WITH YOU GUYS!" Then the whole class was staring at her.

"Pipe down. Minhyuk kept bugging me to call him oppa, alright? He even considered me as his friend only after three hours." As soon as I said that Minhyuk entered the room. The whole class went silent like there was a monster in the room and if you make a sound he'll kill you. Once Minhyuk sat next to me Miyoung came. 

"Minhyuk's the name, right?" Miyoung 'seduced' him and batted her fake eyelashes. "Yes, were you deaf yesterday or what?" I lips were twitching. I tried my best not to laugh. "Come on, oppa. I know you like me from the start." Now the whole class was staring at her. "Uh, no. And I never said you could call me oppa now did I? Heck, I've just met you!" 

"Oppa, don't you believe in love at first sight?"

"No, since my first love died. Now get off me, you ." Minhyuk pushed her off and I suddenly blabbered, "Burn." Now Miyoung was glaring at me. Me and my big fat mouth. Why didn't I think of the 'first love' dying part? I'm probably the most hated person now. Miyoung was shooting daggers through my soul now. "This is all your fault, you ty !" Miyoung reached out to slap me. 

I closed my eyes tightly as I wanted for pain to strike my cheeks. But I felt nothing. I opened one of my eyes and saw Minhyuk clenching tightly onto Miyoung's wrist. "Aren't you the ty y one?" 

"Minhyuk, don't you see she's ugly? She has a scar on her forehead." 

"THAT DOESN'T MAKE HER ANY DIFFERENT! I won't let you hurt her." With that, he push her off again and Mr Kang came in.

"Alright, class. It's time to pass up your essays." Mr Kang said and Minhyuk looked at me in confusion. "That was from last week, Minhyuk oppa." I said and he nodded understandingly. "Lee Minhyuk?" Minhyuk looked up. "I'll have yours next week, alright?"

"Yes, Mr Kang."

~.~.~.~

It was finally lunch time. Luckily I remembered to bring my money, or Minhyuk would have to treat me again. I went to buy sandwiches and an oreo milkshake (Yes, my school sells that... Until last year =-=). Minhyuk bought cup ramen instead. As were eating, we felt an awkward atmosphere around us. I wanted to ask him about his first love.

"Minhyuk oppa?" "Jinae-ah?" We both said at the same time. "No, you go ahead." I said as he smiled slightly. "How.. did you get the scar...?" Minhyuk asked with hesitation written in his voice. "I got it in a fire when my biological parents sacrificed themselves to save me. I'm an orphan. Well, once was an orphan. I was adopted by the Hwangs last year." My expression saddened a little thinking about that. "What about you, Minhyuk? Wh-who was your first love?"

"It's pretty funny actually. She has the same name as you. But her surname was different. Her name was Oh Jinae."