Pre-Debut Butterflies

Heaven's Plan

Admin CC: Thank you so much to those who voted in our poll! The top vote…err… top two votes were “Third person omniscient” and “I don’t really care!” AHA~ Sorry guys~ I didn’t know you were so deprived. I guess having Min Jee’s negative thoughts made you depressed all the time yes? And to those of you reading this today, I hope didn’t disappoint you! Now let’s start chapter 7 with our new format~ We will also be having another poll after this and I’d appreciate if you also vote in that one too. Thanks so much for sticking with us! Saranghaeyo P.S. Admin Strawberry Panda and I will now be doing our chapters separately. I am taking care of this chapter and she will take care of the next.

 

Admin Strawberry Panda: ;FALSKDFJ;SDKFG THERE ARE TWO PEOPLE ACTUALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS STORY (at least on my part, I’m so jealous of Admin CC’s writing skills -.-”) ;LAKJSD;FLKSJD;HGSKDJV OMG I LOVE YOU GUYS, AT LEAST IT DOESN’T FEEL LIKE TOO MUCH OF A WASTE- ;LSDJFKSDCHVNGFDS AND YES, HERE’S THE NEW FORMAT, IT’S A LITTLE MORE CONVENIENT, BUT I’M NOT A BIG FAN OF IT CUZ I CAN’T COLLABORATE WITH ADMIN CC AS MUCH, BUT I BELIEVE IT’S GONNA BE FASTER YES? WE CAN’T SEE EACH OTHER THAT MUCH ANYMORE CUZ WE GO TO DIFFERENT HIGH SCHOOLS AND JUST- //WEEPS// Whoops, didn’t mean to rant there.... ok, maybe a little, but anyway, go on and read the perfection of Admin CC~

 

--

A typical morning for SM would be bustling managers rushing from place to place to receive their schedules. Idols would be inside the practice rooms shaking their booties and possibly break a hip. Kidding. But it was… quiet in SM. Something was wrong. Very wrong. The screams and shouts took place in another part of South Korea. Screaming fangirls waiting in line…? Oh, right. A concert. SoulM8's very first concert and an important one too. It was their debut concert. Emphasis on debut. Coordinators were everywhere, crammed into the tiniest place as they were getting the beloved SM idols ready for the concert. Now, SoulM8s’ concert wasn’t a usual one. They would have their concert with the rest of SM. All concerts mashed into one. It was going to be one hell of a night.

 

“Someone get me Eun Mi’s hat!” A woman screeched frantically, rustling through piles of clothes. The usually emotionless girl stood nervously beside the coordinator helping her, or as Angel’s Joy usually calls them ‘cordi-unnies.’ ‘So this is what a concert backstage is like…’ Eun Mi thought as she looked around with a panicked expression on her face. Soo Jin stood next to her, with Hye Su hovering nearby as she comforted her friend. ‘I’m going to mess up. I’m for sure going to mess up,’ Soo Jin wailed silently as she fumbled with her skirt, her hair, anything in sight.

 

“Don’t worry Soo Jinnie.” Hye Su tried to soothe her best friend, but Soo Jin glanced at her, shaking her head. Her efforts were acknowledged, but it wasn’t working at all. Hye Su bit her lip, worried for her friend. On the other hand, Min Jee, Hei Ryung, Myung Hee, and Jooyun were somewhat calmer. ‘They’ve been through this before, I shouldn’t be so surprised’ Hye Su thought, looking away before one of them caught her staring. An overwhelmed Yun Hee stood in another part of the room, the cordi-unnies fussing over her hair. Her straight hair had been curled, sprayed, and pinned and Yun Hee had never felt more beautiful in her life. However, the hair spray made her feel nauseous, or was it just the butterflies? She wasn’t sure anymore. All she knew was that her stomach was killing her. ‘I better not throw up during the concert… How embarrassing would that be?’ Yun Hee was afraid, deathly afraid of that happening. It was a likely possibility and Yun Hee didn’t want any more flame being thrown to SoulM8s. With those YouTube comments, even the usually spirited Myung Hee was feeling down.

 

“SoulM8s! Come to the center!” All the members looked up at the sound of Hei Ryung’s commanding voice. They gravitated towards the center of the room as Hei Ryung instructed them to do. Huddling up, Hei Ryung cleared , speaking in a low voice. “Alright everyone, we’ve worked hard, especially for this day. Think about those workouts.” Hye Su lowered her gaze and nodded. “Those intense dance practices.” Yun Hee bit her lip. “And the strenuous vocal practices. We’re SoulM8s. A new group to SM. We’ve done everything we can. Now it’s up to all of us to decide whether we’ll put our full skill into this.” ‘Aish… being a leader. It’s hard but…’ Hei Ryung looked at all of their faces, the girls she would be with until the end of SoulM8s. ‘If I don’t support them as a leader, who else will?’

 

“Hei Ryung!” The leader quickly whipped her head back, scanning the room to detect the sweet, feminine voice. “Here’s the plan. SoulM8s will be coming out after SNSD performs their last song, Genie. We will start the introductions after you sing, alright?” ‘Oh, it’s manager Min Jung.’ “I’m counting on you all to do your best!” Min Jung smiled at them softly. “I have a feeling SoulM8s will be on to great things in the future.” Myung Hee smiled a little, a true genuine smile. It’s been a while since she’s had one of those. That mall day… Well that was just fake. ‘I need to stay strong,’ she thought, looking at Jooyun. Her long time friend glanced at her, giving her a rare smile.

 

“You’re going to do amazing like always unnie,” she whispered and Myung Hee’s grin widened. Suddenly, a burst of applause and cheers came from outside of the room and everyone in SoulM8s what happened, the concert started. Hei Ryung had received a copy of the list, to keep track on when their group would be coming up next. Min Jee was close by, reading the list as well. ‘So it goes from TVXQ, f(x), SHINee, EXO, SNSD, then finally us.’ Min Jee ran a hand cautiously through her hair carefully. It was straightened, glossed to perfection, and Min Jee had to admit that the cordi-unnies definitely understood what they were doing. It was silent between SoulM8s, other than the sound of Catch Me blasting out.

 

“We can do this,” Eun Mi whispered to herself over and over again, hoping that it would be right. Min Jee fixed her earrings, looking in the mirror. They were her lucky ones, the ones… her mother gave her before she left for SM. She closed her eyes, willing herself not to cry. Especially not here. Memories were for later and Min Jee hardened her heart. Turning around, she found Hei Ryung staring at her, her eyebrow raised. Min Jee turned away haughtily. ‘Hmph! Just because she’s the leader doesn’t mean she has to watch me 24/7!’ Walking towards her chair, Min Jee plopped down, her face tilted upwards and gave off an air of confidence. Catch Me had ended and in its place was Good Night. Everyone looked at each other. This meant that TVXQ was almost done with their segment. Two songs per group was what they were told. SoulM8s were to perform one original song and borrow from another group. The choice was Run Devil Run from SNSD.

 

The silence was beyond awkward, obviously. No one knew what to say. Not even the fearless, uplifting leader had much. ‘Crap. We’re going to go on in about… an hour or so and we’re just gonna keep quiet like this?’ Jooyun thought to herself, and looked around at the other members. “You’re guilty, love. You’re guilty as charged. Going around and breaking my heart, you deserve to be sentenced.” Looking up, the shortest member of SoulM8s was startled to find that Hye Su burst out singing, most likely due to nervousness. Before Jooyun could ask her what the hell she was doing, Soo Jin started the next line.

 

“Guilty as charged my sweetheart, there is no one else more deserving of this than you,” Soo Jin continued, going along with Hye Su. Jooyun found Myung Hee starting off as well.

 

“Remember our last picture? I bet you thought of another girl. Guilty, guilty, guilty. That is your verdict,” Eun Mi joined in, and Jooyun realized what was going on. They were singing, trying to get rid of the tension and stress that suffocated everyone.  Yun Hee smiled softly, finishing the chorus.

 

“You loved me. Emphasis on loved. Do you realize what you’ve let go of? That’s right, you’ve let go of me. You’ll never get me back because I know you are guilty as charged.” It was probably crazy, singing their song out of the blue, but Jooyun didn’t mind. Anything was better than the silence.

 

“You’ve been so sweet, everything a girl could ever dream of. Just so you know, I have no intentions of letting you go.” Hei Ryung had started the chorus, looking to Jooyun to continue.

 

“Do you think you can get away easily? Your phone has other girls’ names, not just mine. Sweetie, I am not as dumb as you think.” Jooyun was singing as well, not expecting herself to do so. ‘This… this group of ours,’ Jooyun thought, laughing inwardly. What was even more surprising was that Min Jee joined in.

 

“I love you, I’ve said that many times and I’ve heard you say it as well. I honestly believe you, dear, since you said it so many times,” Min Jee sang softly, but it was loud enough for all of them to hear. ‘Dammit! I didn’t want to sing that!’ Min Jee scolded herself, but before Min Jee could yell at them for being so juvenile and do such a thing, Myung Hee had promptly burst in.

 

“What was my line again?” she asked and the members of the room laughed, even Hei Ryung chuckled. Min Jee rolled her eyes and looked away. Soo Jin shoved Myung Hee playfully.

 

“Unnie! You should know your line! You’ve been in the industry longer than us and you still get like this?” Soo Jin accused and Myung Hee looked at the maknae innocently.

 

“I guess my old age is catching up to me,” Myung Hee joked and everyone laughed. They chatted, finally relaxing with one another. Quite a bit of time passed. One Beautiful Stranger, Hot Summer, Lucifer, Replay, MAMA, History, Genie, and The Boys later to be exact. Hei Ryung remembered her duty of course and looked down at the list before turning to the members.

 

“Shh!” she urged them, pressing her index finger to her lips to silence them. All of them quieted down and Hei Ryung listened intently to what was going on outside. Hei Ryung turned to them and what she stated made almost all of the scramble up from their seats in a frenzy.

 

“We’re next.”

--

Admin CC: So how did you like it? Much shorter than before right? I’m glad I made this change! I’m sorry if some of the members had more “screen time” than the others, but I really did try my best to include them all. I’m actually not sure how these concerts work?? Plus, a concert with all of SM would be so much fun! Ehehe… I hope I did this right. Usually it’s me who comes up with the good ideas and Admin Strawberry Panda helps me out with idol knowledge. I don’t know a thing about being an idol so… yeah. Um… Thanks for reading! Please comment and/or subscribe! :) I'm also sorry if I'm not doing it correctly for the concert thing, I just thought it'd be nice to have SM do an "all idol group" kind of concert... I'd love that... Um.... I'm so sorry if it's not correct!

Anyways, please comment and subscribe! It would mean a whole lot to me! I'll also be working on oneshots and other stories so make sure to subscribe to us for those! I'm also working on KPOP posters eheheh-

Admin Strawberry Panda: I’m supposed to do homework right now, but priorities- and that’s not true, I don’t know about being an idol, I just guess, so sorry if they’re inaccurate, you can yell at me if you want... no wait, actually, just tell me nicely please? Don’t yell please //is sensitive// . And yeah! Hope you had fun reading!! Oh , it’s my turn to write.... don’t be too surprised if the next update is in half a year- //bricked