Hallway Adventures

[JunSeob oneshots!] Behind Every Photograph is a Story

Hallway Adventures

               It was eleven at night and our filming was far from over. I was the first one finished with my solo cuts for the music video and I changed back into my street clothes and washed off all the make-up from my face. When I left the dressing room and returned to the set, it was Yoseob being filmed, and the other members sat back, waiting. Dongwoon and Kikwang kept themselves occupied with a game of rock-paper-scissors, while Doojoon and Hyunseung sipped on their coffees quietly.

                “Coffee, Junhyung?” Doojoon offered when he saw me.

                “No thanks.” I shoved my hands into the pockets of my jacket and ventured further into the set. I stopped right behind one of the cameras and watched Yoseob sing and dance and act all his individual shots. There were a number of times when Director-nim called “Cut!” because Yoseob mis-mouthed a line or didn’t do the specified action. Each time they paused filming, I saw the fatigue that dampened Yoseob’s expression. Just a bit more, Seobie, I cheered on in my head. A little bit more, then you can rest.

                Half an hour passed and the vocalist was done. He bowed to the whole crew, apologizing and saying thank you, before he headed for the dressing room. Dongwoon replaced him on set. I stayed for only a bit longer then returned to where the other members were gathered. Doojoon was on the phone with our manager; Hyunseung was plugged to his music player; and it was Kikwang’s turn to drink coffee. I sat on Dongwoon’s former chair and let my mind go blank for a while.

 

                “Doojoon-ssi, you’re next!”

                I opened my eyes and looked around. Kikwang and Dongwoon were playing rock-paper-scissors again, and they were in their street clothes already. When I asked, they said that Hyunseung just finished and Doojoon was the last to film. I must have fallen asleep. I grabbed a nearby bottle of water and chugged down a quarter of it before putting it back down. Looking around again, I realized that Yoseob was nowhere to be seen. My chair creaked as I stood up, and I went to the dressing room.

                “Is Yoseob here?” I said, but only Hyunseung and two stylist noonas were inside, trying to remove the boy’s make-up.

                I ran around the hallways in search of the missing vocalist. I would have called his phone, but both our phones were in the dressing room. Yang Yoseob, where the hell are you? I looked through a couple more hallways until I finally found him. He was seated on a plastic bench, fast asleep, with his head resting on the wall behind him. Tired and relieved, I took a seat beside him. “Yoseob-ah,” I said, but he was really asleep and didn’t even flinch. “Yoseob-ah,” I repeated over and over, poking his leg, knee, hand, stomach, rib, shoulder, and forearm. The boy just snored lightly and his head dropped to one side.

                “You’re so hard to wake up!” I examined his face, wondering which spot was best to poke to wake him up. Then my thoughts drifted away and I just stared. I looked at the pinkish hue that colored his chubby cheeks, at the perfectly structured nose that suited his perfectly structured everything else, and at the lips that moved ever so slightly as he breathed in and out—those lips that graced the world with the sweetest music that came out of it; those lips that almost always pulled up into the gentlest, sincerest smile; those lips that seemed to utter only the pleasantest words and would be damned if a lie ever escaped it.

                I blinked. My eyes widened as I saw how close I was to Yoseob. I leaned away immediately and then I noticed my hand—my fingers were close to touching the boy’s lips. Just then, Yoseob stirred, and my hand moved in my surprise. A finger touched the skin right below his nose, and I released a sigh of relief.

                Yoseob’s eyes opened slowly and I pulled my hand to my lap. He looked at me through heavy eyelids and smiled.

                “You finally woke up,” I mock-whined. “How’d you get here?”

                The boy stretched his arms and legs. “I don’t know. How did you find me?”

                “I don’t know.” A smile crept to my face. “Let’s go. I think we’re almost done.” I stood up and pulled him to his feet.

                “Nooooo, let me sleeeeeeep.”

                “You can sleep later. Let’s go.” I slung my arm around his neck and dragged him away from the bench.

                Yoseob tilted his head to lean on my shoulder and his arm wrapped around my waist. “Do you know where we’re going?” he asked as we turned the corner to an empty hallway.

                “Nope,” I laughed and we just walked on.

 

--------

a/n: Junnie's POV this time. :) The photo I used for this was taken during their Shock days, but I didn't specify which MV they were filming for in the story, so let's just leave it blank. :P

I actually think this is quite boring. :( It felt weird as I wrote it. I just hope it's alright. I'd love to hear what you think! Please tell me how you find the story :)

So I took an eternity to think about and write this story. And it took me another eternity to come up with a title DX The title's a bit odd, but it was the best one I could come up with TT_TT

Anyway, I'm so happy that I get to post twice today! It's getting harder and harder to think of new oneshots, but a lot of you give pressure for me to write more, so I'll work hard. :)

Thanks everyone! <3