All He Needed was Junhyung

[JunSeob oneshots!] Behind Every Photograph is a Story

All He Needed was Junhyung

 

                “Doojoon hyung?” Kikwang called to the leader who just came into the dance studio.

                “What?” He watched the dancer end his routine and wipe sweat off his brow.

                “Where is Yoseob?”

                “Yeah, I haven’t seen him all day,” Dongwoon chirped, walking toward them from the corner of the room.

                “Isn’t he doing something for Immortal Song?” Hyunseung said from his seat on the floor.

                “Yes, he’s working with some people for his next performance,” their leader answered.

                Four pairs of eyes all turned to Junhyung, who was leaning against the mirrors, arms crossed over his chest. “What?”

                “Maybe you should help him, hyung?” Dongwoon suggested.

                “You’d be of great help for him, I’m sure,” Kikwang said.

                “He has all the help he needs,” Junhyung answered somewhat angrily. “It’s his performance, and he has all the best staff with him for it.”

                “Yoseob’s been really stressed recently,” Hyunseung added. “He has this unchanging expression of anxiety nowadays.”

                “So what do you want me to do?” Junhyung snapped. “March right in there, take his work, and tell him what to do? It’s Yoseob’s rendition of the song! Don’t you think that starting from this preparation stage, it should come from his heart, not my mind?”

                Doojoon spoke up, “Well, you do have a point—”

                “Thank you!”

                “—but you don’t have to be so angry.”

                “Hmph.”

                Kikwang, Hyunseung, and Dongwoon snickered.

 

                At the end of the day, the five boys left the dance studio and took the elevator down to the building entrance. Two floors down to the lobby, the elevator door opened, revealing a red-faced, exhausted Yang Yoseob.

                “Hi hyungs, and Kikwangie and Dongwoon,” the visual maknae greeted in a miserable tone that caused four of the five other members to frown and try to console the boy.

                As the elevator door closed again, Doojoon hugged Yoseob from behind. “Awww, how was your day, Seobie?”

                “Not so good,” Yoseob spoke softly.

                “It’ll be alright, hyung!” Dongwoon said encouragingly. “Tomorrow we’ll go see what you have so far, and we can help!”

                “I’ll treat you to ice cream, Yoseob,” Kikwang laughed, knowing that Yoseob used food—especially sweets—to drown out any depression.

                But Yoseob only nodded with a half-meant smile, and thanked the two.

                “We’ve got a new dance to teach you, Yoseob!” Hyunseung said, trying to change the topic. “I’ll teach it to you soon, because Kikwang can’t get the steps right!”

                “I can so get the steps right!” the younger dancer argued. “I can even do it better than you!”

                “I dance it best, Yoseob hyung,” Dongwoon whispered, but his voice was perfectly audible in the elevator shaft. “I can teach you while these two keep fighting.”

                Doojoon laughed and rubbed small, comforting circles on Yoseob’s back. The two dancers continued quarreling, and Dongwoon and Doojoon took turns sharing jokes to lighten Yoseob’s mood. Junhyung kept to the corner of the elevator, looking and speaking to no one. Yoseob appreciated the members’ concern, but he couldn’t find it in himself to laugh or anything. More than that, he felt awkward around Junhyung—he was too afraid to glance at the rapper, afraid of his disappointment at Yoseob’s incompetence for his Immortal Song cover.

                The elevator opened and the six boys stepped out, heading for the doors. Junhyung stayed at the back of the group, watching Doojoon walk with Yoseob with his arm over the younger one’s shoulders. The leader only pulled his arm back a few steps to the door, since he had to answer a call on his cellphone. The group’s van pulled up on the driveway outside, and the six members filed to get to their seats.

                Yoseob shoved both hands into his pockets and looked down at the gravel underneath his feet. Hyunseung had gotten into the van already; Dongwoon too. Kikwang was just about to, and Doojoon was still on his phone a few feet away from them.

                “Hey,” Junhyung said and held the vocalist’s shoulder, forcing him to turn around.

                Yoseob shut his eyes, unwilling to look into Junhyung’s own eyes that he feared were filled with disapproval and frustration. How could you stay in the room with the producers the whole day and not come up with anything, he already imagined Junhyung reprimanding him. Instead, all he heard was a faint chuckle, and he felt a hand rest atop his head.

                Yoseob opened his eyes and raised his head slightly. Junhyung was standing right before him, a hand on Yoseob’s hair, and the rapper’s lips curved into a tiny, gentle smile. All at once, Junhyung then pulled his hand back and stepped into the van. Yoseob followed in, feeling lightheaded, but happy. There was no need for words between the two of them. All he needed was Junhyung, Junhyung’s smile, and Junhyung’s wordless support.

 

--------------

a/n: I've finally finished something new! :) I looked again at my foreword and realized that I've been posting every ten days recently -__- I'm not sure when the next one will come, because I'm completely out of ideas. Not to mention that JunHara makes me out-of-the-mood to write anything~ :( LOL I'M KIDDING. I'm perfectly fine with them; just a little bit sad for Yoseobie xD Thanks to everyone for reading!

This one, by the way, was inspired by my LJ friend's userpic :)