Winning and Losing

[JunSeob oneshots!] Behind Every Photograph is a Story

Winning and Losing

 

                Yoseob rolled around on his bed in the dark, unable to join the rest of the Beast boys in their happy slumber after a long, successful day. They had come home from their very first win for Fiction on M! Countdown, and the six boys tired themselves out by celebrating and drinking a few shots of alcohol and just sharing stories until early morning before they went to bed. Yoseob didn’t know how long ago the five others had fallen asleep and left him to endure the tiny ache in his heart alone. Of course he was ecstatic that they won. Of course he could just smile about the day’s events and simply close his eyes and sleep. But a scene was on replay in his head, and he couldn’t get it to stop.

                Yoseob danced around onstage, appearing to move aimlessly, but in truth he was moving closer to Junhyung. He stood right between the rapper and Kikwang—who looked at him then just smiled. Right as he stepped even closer to Junhyung, Hongki wrapped his arms around the rapper and rested his chin on his shoulder, and Yoseob ended up bumping into the famed singer.

                Junhyung smiled at the feel of the embrace and turned his head. His smile dropped once he saw Yoseob looking straight at him.

                “Sorry,” Yoseob blurted out to Hongki, who didn’t mind and just continued to hug his friend.

 

                Yoseob pulled on his hair and slapped his mattress, feeling tears dampening his pillow once again. His hands clenched into two tight balls and he curled his body up. He put one fist on his chest and the other in front of his face, to muffle the sobs that he couldn’t keep in.

                “Yoseob?” a voice called out softly.

                The vocalist tensed up immediately and choked down the whimpers that threatened to escape his throat.

                “Yoseob, I know you’re awake.” It was Kikwang’s voice.

                “What is it?” Yoseob whispered back.

                “Come here, let’s talk.”

                Yoseob sat up and found his high school buddy standing next to his bed. Taking his moistened pillow with him, he went down his bunk silently and followed Kikwang to the living room. The moment the two boys were seated on the floor, Yoseob burst into tears and loud cries, trying to say something, but all his words were a jumbled, incoherent mess.

                Kikwang looked at Yoseob with a heavy feeling in his chest. He took the boy in his arms and tried to calm him. “It’s okay, it’s okay,” he whispered, smoothing Yoseob’s hair.

                The tears continued down Yoseob’s cheeks, but the sobs grew softer and he took comfort in Kikwang’s embrace, warmth, and care.

                Slowly the gap between the bedroom door and its frame closed, and behind it, Junhyung sank down to the floor.

 

---------

a/n: a few things to say about this oneshot:

One ---- so it's actually more KiSeob and JunKi and broken!JunSeob, I'M SO SORRY :| I wanted to write something different from the usual fluff I've been writing the past few days, so I hope this gave every a little change and pleasedon'tkillme DX

Two ---- I watched the actual scene during the MCD win while I wrote this, and it's different from how I wrote it to be, but that's okay right? I based my oneshot on the gif that I used as the main pic above~

Three ---- afl;kjdsf I'm betraying Junhyung behind his back by reading KiSeob fanfics on Livejournal D: JunSeob is still my number one, of course, and I hope you don't mind that I made this oneshot a wee bit sad for the JunSeob pairing