Thanks To

[JunSeob oneshots!] Behind Every Photograph is a Story

                Junhyung watched nervously as Yoseob read the sheet of paper he handed to him. It was Junhyung’s finished copy of Thanks To, their duet for Beast’s digital EP. He didn’t know why he felt so anxious; he’d written lyrics before and wasn’t afraid to show it to the vocalist, so why should he be afraid now? When the rapper noticed a slight change of expression on Yoseob’s face—the boy simply squinted a little—he panicked.

                He can’t think it’s bad. He can’t possibly! If he did—why thissong? It’s our message to the fans! It’s the sincerest, most grateful lyrics I’ve ever written! He can’t not like this if it’s straight from my heart! Oh, that Yang Yoseob! I’d like to see himwrite lyrics, and we’ll see who gets disappointed when—

                “Hyung,” Yoseob spoke up. He put the paper down and looked at him with a serious expression.

                Junhyung felt his heart ache. He spun around and closed his eyes. “No, don’t say it! It… it-it-it’s—“

                “Wonderful!”

                The rapper felt a pair of arms wrap around his waist as Yoseob embraced him from behind. “R-really?” his voice cracked.

                “Of course! I love everything you wrote, and I’m sure the B2uties with love it too!”

                Junhyung looked behind his shoulder and saw the vocalist grinning up at him. He turned around in Yoseob’s arms and returned the hug for a quick moment. “Let’s get working on the music, you think?”

                Yoseob’s head bobbed up and down ecstatically, and he bounced away to grab the lyric sheet that he’d dropped on the table.

 

                Three days later, the two boys returned to the Cube recording studio to try out their song with the music they arranged together. When everything was set on the sound board, Junhyung ran in to join Yoseob inside the booth. The music blasted on their headphones and Yoseob sang the first chorus perfectly, having practiced for hours and hours the previous days. Junhyung read his lines from the paper as he rapped, but he managed to notice Yoseob bouncing around playfully, waving his hands and arms about, and head-bopping as the song continued.

                They went through the piece smoothly, and when they came to the last chorus, Yoseob closed his eyes, trying to bring out the most of his emotion into the last few words.

                “The one thing that I want to tell you the most,” he sang, “Always, we always singing just for you. Thank you, the one who’s always been protecting us by our side. You~”

                “You!” Junhyung answered, as part of his lines.

                “You~”

                “It’s you!” With a grin on his face, he slapped Yoseob’s shoulder lightly.

                “Thank you—“ Yoseob opened his eyes.

                “Thank you!”

                “—for you.” He looked warmly at Junhyung.

                “Even if I find myself exhausted, as long as I’m with you,” the rapper continued, still smiling.

                “It’s alright, it’s alright,” Yoseob joined, smiling back.

                “Even if we’re being separated far away, if we can feel each other—“

                “It’s all good, it’s all good.”

                “Even if I find myself exhausted, as long as I’m with you—”

                “So fly, so fly.”

                “If your heart in front of me is true—” Junhyung stepped closer to Yoseob and put his arm around the boy’s neck.

                Yoseob leaned on Junhyung’s shoulder. “Thank you, thank you.”

 

-------

a/n: Yaaaaay, their duet! Anyone who doesn't know this song doesn't know JunSeob >:P Hahaha, I'm kidding~ I loved the teaser vid they released of this last December :D So yeah, I wanted to write about this song. xD Come to think of it, I like the Beast boys paired up as how they were divided for the duets on My Story: DooWoon, JunSeob, and KiSeung <3 Can't we just keep it that way? Doojoon you get away from Junhyung’s baby, you have a baby of your own xD Speaking of Dongwoon, HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HIM!

I got the lyric translation HERE, by the way =)