Like Junnie Hyung

[JunSeob oneshots!] Behind Every Photograph is a Story

a/n: Okay, I know that the photo isn't of JunSeob, but it's what inspired the story! I promise that Junhyung comes into the plot as you read on. :) The pic, by the way, is from their 2011 Diary thing--the Japanese version. I think that's where it's from, at least. :D Happy reading!

 

Like Junnie Hyung

Yoseob smiled at his phone as it lit up. The Beast van started moving on its way back to the dorm, and the five other members were asleep. He hit a button on his phone and put it near his ear.

                “Hello?”

                “My baby! How are you?”

                Yoseob laughed. “Ummaaaaa, it’s two in the morning! Why are you still awake?”

                “Your voice sounds funny, dear. Are you sick?”

                The vocalist sniffled. “Just colds. It’ll go away soon. You haven’t answered my question! Why are you still up at this time?”

                “And you haven’t answered mine—and I asked first!” the woman countered. “How are you, baby?”

                “Just tired, umma,” Yoseob answered. “Really, really tired, but what’s new about that, right?” He chuckled.

                “Oh. Oh! I’m so sorry, am I disrupting you from work right now?”

                “No, no. We just finished our schedules. We’re on our way to the dorm.”

                “And the boys? How are they?”

                “They’re asleep right now.” Yoseob yawned and rested his head on the window next to him.

                “You should sleep too, Seobie.”

                He yawned again, his eyes watering. “I want to keep talking to you, umma. I miss you so much.”

                “And I miss you more than you can imagine. Sleep now, Yoseob, and just call me on your next free day.”

                “Okay, umma.” His eyes were already shut.

                “Take medicine when you return to the dorm, okay? The last thing I want is for you to get sick.”

                “Okay, umma.”

                “Eat well and eat healthy, too. I want my handsome little boy to look even handsomer when I see you again.”

                “Okay, umma.”

                The mother sighed. “Okay, rest now. Say hello to the boys for me tomorrow. Goodnight, baby.”

                “Goodnight, umma. I love you!” His words came out as a jumbled mess as he was close to falling asleep.

                “I love you too. Yoseob hwaiting!”

                Yoseob’s hand fell to his lap and his head lolled back on the headrest as he dozed off.

 

                The following day, the six boys woke up early to go to the Cube building. Both Yoseob and Hyunseung had colds, so the group was told to rehearse their dances instead of the songs. For hours and hours they were locked up inside the dance studio, learning new routines and practicing old ones. Yoseob felt sick and weak but exerted greater effort to match the others’ energy levels.

                By mid-afternoon, Doojoon had to leave for an interview, and Kikwang had filming to attend. The four remaining boys said goodbye and took a break. Hyunseung fell to the floor at once and took a nap. Dongwoon played games on his phone. Junhyung went to a corner and wrote lyrics. Yoseob, feeling weaker than he did while dancing, ventured off to find the medicine cabinet on their floor.

                He came back right after taking medicine and he plopped down behind Junhyung. Leaning forward, he rested his chin on the older one’s shoulder and watched him scribble words on paper.

                “You’ve got fever,” Junhyung observed with no surprise at all. “Did you take medicine?”

                “Yes, hyung.”

                The two fell silent, except for Junhyung’s occasional mumble of words to write down on his paper. Yoseob’s arms s around Junhyung’s stomach and he moved his head to the center of his hyung’s back and closed his eyes.

                “You don’t mind, right, hyung?” he asked.

                “Not at all.”

 

                Half an hour passed and the four boys got up to resume practicing. Junhyung was about to play the first track on the stereo when their manager poked his head into the room.

                “Hey, kids.” He smiled. “There’s a new batch of fangifts in the other room.”

                The boys grinned and looked at each other.

                “Can we look at them now?” Dongwoon pleaded, moving closer to Hyunseung. “And then we’ll come right back to practice.”

                The eldest of the four nodded and the maknae squealed and ran out of the room. Hyunseung walked behind him. Junhyung put down the remote control of the stereo and took Yoseob’s arm, and the two of them went to the other room.

                The fangifts were all gathered in one corner, and Dongwoon dug through them to look for what was his. Hyunseung was seated beside him, rummaging around more carefully. Yoseob stayed by the door and encouraged Junhyung to look through the pile, which the rapper did. Normally the visual maknae was the most excited about fangifts, but this time he felt too unwell to jump around and was just glad that the real maknae did the jumping around for him. With a little smile on his face, he scanned the mess of gifts until his eyes stopped on one big white teddy bear.

                Yoseob moved closer to it and took the bear in his hands. A huge grin lit up his weary expression. “Is this mine?”

                “No. It’s mine.” Junhyung took the bear from him and turned it around to show the label that the fan wrote. “See? To Junhyung oppa.”

                Yoseob frowned and looked longingly at it, his fingers curling and uncurling with the urge to grab the bear back.

                Junhyung turned away from him and went back to the other gifts, still hugging the white bear.

                “Okay, team! Back to practice!” Hyunseung announced as he stood up and clapped his hands together. He marched back to the dance studio, followed by the happy maknae, the smirking rapper, and the feverish vocalist.

 

                When they reached the dorm that evening, Yoseob went straight to bed. It was still pretty early—they hadn’t even eaten dinner yet—and the others busied themselves with other things.

                “I’m back,” Kikwang said as he entered their unit, coming home from his filming. “Have you had dinner?”

                “Not yet,” Hyunseung answered from in front of the television. “Junhyung’s cooking.”

                Kikwang took a seat beside his hyung. “Where are the others?”

                “Dongwoon’s using Twitter. Doojoon stepped out to buy something, I think. Yoseob’s asleep.” He sniffled and rubbed his nose.

                “Is Yoseob sick?”

                “He is,” Junhyung answered from the kitchen. “He took medicine already, but he has a fever.”

                Kikwang nodded and leaned on the sniffling Hyunseung. “Now don’t get sick too, okay?”

                Hyunseung just laughed and pointed to the pile of fangifts that they’d brought from the Cube building. Kikwang stood up and pulled Hyunseung with him, and they looked through all the gifts.

 

                “Dinner!” Junhyung called a few minutes later, and the group gathered at the table. Except Yoseob, who was still asleep, and Doojoon, who hadn’t returned yet. The four boys ate and talked and joked around.

                Junhyung finished his meal quickly and headed for the bedroom.

 

                “Yoseob, it’s time to eat,” a small, high-pitched voice whispered.

                Yoseob opened his sleepy eyes a little bit and was met face to face with the white bear. He smiled weakly. “Hi, Junhyung.” He stretched out his hand and pat the bear’s head.

                “I’m not Junhyung,” the rapper continued in his small voice, speaking from behind the stuffed animal. “I’m Mr. Bear!”

                “No you’re not. I secretly named you Junhyung,” Yoseob whispered, the smile still on his lips.

                “Why?”

                “Because you’re cute like Junnie hyung.” The singer pinched the bear’s cheek. “And you make me happy, like Junnie hyung.”

                The rapper laughed and sat up on the bed beside Yoseob’s. “It’s dinner time.”

                “I’m not hungry.”

                Junhyung looked at him with gentle eyes and nodded. Then he pushed Junhyung-bear closer to him. “Here, you can keep him.”

                Yoseob’s face lit up instantly and he hugged the bear. Closing his eyes, he said, “Don’t I get to keep the real one, too?”

                The older boy’s eyebrows shot up in surprise.

                Yoseob just chuckled and buried his face in the white fur.

                Junhyung smiled and ran his fingers tenderly through the younger one’s hair. “Go back to sleep, Seobie. I’ll wake you up for your medicine later.” Then he crawled down the bunk and walked to the door. With his hand on the light switch, he looked back fondly at the boy who snuggled the bear in his arms and he cleared his throat. “Goodnight, Yoseob,” he said using Junhyung-bear’s voice. The only response that came was a string of muffled snores. Junhyung laughed and shut the lights.

 

a/n: Seeeeee. Told you Junnie would come into the story. :D Not much going on between them in this one, but I like it. :) I hope you readers like it too, oh I really hope so~

I included a KiSeung moment because they're so CUTE. 4D Prince Jang and... well, Kikwang. xDDD