All the Wrong Decisions

[JunSeob oneshots!] Behind Every Photograph is a Story

All the Wrong Decisions

 

I had a feeling something was up when Junhyung whispered in my ear, “I have something to talk to you about. Let’s get away from these people for a while.” I ignored the sudden turning of my stomach and assumed he’d tell me about our upcoming album—since it was the only topic among us in the group these days. I brought my arm around his shoulders and led him away from the crowd of Korean idols. Stopping at one side of the stadium, I fidgeted and glanced around. Cameras were everywhere. What if someone recorded our talk about the album and leaked it?

“Seobie-ah,” Junhyung said in the gentlest manner that made me focus all my attention on him. His lips pulled up into a smile and his eyes turned into small slits. “Yang Yoseob, I have something to tell you.” With his hands held tactfully behind his back, he leaned closer to me.

I looked at him silently, my eyes wide, and seeing that playful grin on his lips, I held my breath. “What is it?” I managed to whisper. My whole body tensed as he leaned in a bit more.

“I think I like you,” he exhaled. And his beautiful brown orbs twinkled with delight.

Blood rushed to my face and I felt warm all the way to my ears. Thank God my hood was up so no one could see how flustered I was. Well, except Junhyung, and he chuckled at me.

“What do you think?” He inched closer still.

I could only watch his joyful, completely sincere expression as his face neared mine. He looked so intently at me that it was… it was intimidating! I tore my gaze from him and glanced to the side. Cameras were directed at us. There was nothing else I could do; I turned away from him. “Not now, Jun.” And I began walking. I felt him trailing right behind me as we reentered the crowd. In the large group, cameras could barely find me.

People kept chattering and even Junhyung found someone else to talk to. My vision blurred and my head began throbbing as heavily as my racing heart. Why did I refuse him then? What if I never get another chance? Why did I say not now, when all my soul was screaming, “Yes, now, Jun! Now and forever!” And why did I turn and walk away? Yang Yoseob, you make all the wrong decisions! I let my shoulders slouch and a sigh escaped my lips.

Then I met Junhyung’s gaze. He was in a conversation with Onew and Seungho but his eyes were on me. He looked worriedly at me, with that motherly, brotherly, loverly expression of concern. “You okay?” he mouthed.

I cracked a smile and nodded. He nodded back with a relieved grin and turned to the pair he was talking to. I watched Junhyung silently for a long moment and everything else in the world disappeared from my sight. All the wrong decisions, Yoseob? I thought. Well, not this one.

 

--------

a/n: I've REEEEEAAAAALLY been wanting to write a story about that scene, and finally I was able to! :D There are quite a number of JunSeob moments during the Idol Sports Festival (is that what you call it?), so yeah, all the JunSeob love makes me happyyyyy~ xD

I'll try to write and post the next oneshot soon! Subscribe to keep updated! :)