—» VI

4D Manager
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunny sat there alone in her room while laying down on her bed and playing a few games on her smartphone just to entertain herself, right after done having the breakfast and also taking a shower. Actually, she was bored as hell being at home all day but, there was nothing she could do -though she wanted to- other than just to be bedridden and immobile because everyone forbade her to perform strenuous activities, since she had injured herself. How pity this beautiful and cute young lady.

She sighed heavily after diverting her attention from her phone, "Aigooo. Why do I feel so bored all of a sudden? Is there really nothing I can do other than bedrest?? Hufft... Seriously, I could have died in a ridiculous way, if it continues like this. But to be honest, I'd rather be on the college while researching and then spending time with Yuri than staying at home all day. Seriously Kwon Yu Ri, you know what? I wish the time will pass quickly so that, you can be here with me right this second. Really, help me from this boredness and lonesome."

The young lady then rose from her bed and sat upright as soon as she got an idea.

“Oh! Why don’t I try to text Yuri just to kill my boredom. Haha! Yea! That’s right, Soon Kyu. Um, well… I hope I don’t take much of her time.” Sunny grabbed her phone back that was lying next to her and started to text Yuri but, as soon as she hit the send button, she remembered something.

"Wait a sec, Soon Kyu. You have a school assignment, remember? And, you haven't done it yet, right? Aish! Pabo yeoja... Okay then, let's do it right now!"

Slowly and carefully, Sunny began to try to stand up straight and walked toward her desk. Thankful, her left ankle was not too sore again like yesterday so that she could walk, although still a little hobbled. Then, she immediately picked up her bag, which was near her desk chair and took out the notebook and stuff before plopped herself down onto the chair. She flipped to the new page of her notebook. All ready to start writing an essay about a random subject.

After 20 minutes or so of sitting there doing the piece of work assigned to her as a part of course of study, Sunny finally managed to complete it. But not long after that, she heard a soft knock on her bedroom door, following by the door that cracked open. The petite girl turned to the door and smiled fondly to see her beloved halmeoni standing there with a tray of sliced fruits and a glass of orange juice in her hands.

“Ah, good morning my dearest. Can I come in?”

"Morning, too, halmeoni. And yes, of course. Come on in." The girl then closed her book and packed away her stuff before looking up to see an old yet gorgeous woman, as soon as she got into Sunny's room.

"Sun? You're busy? Oh dear.. I'm sorry then, for disturbing your study time and also coming in at the wrong time. But here’s, I bring you your favorite. I know that you can't refuse them, don't you?" The older woman asked gently and then she put the tray on Sunny's bedside table before preparing to leave her granddaughter's room as she looked apologetically at the petite girl. "Don't forget to eat these fruits, yeah. They have lots of vitamin that would speed the healing and make you keep strong and healthy. Okay? I guess I'll be leaving now. I’ve already taken enough of your time. Jeongmal joesonghabnida, dear."

The girl named Lee Soon Kyu shook her head. "No. Don’t say like that, halmeoni. Honestly, you aren't disturbing me. Not at all. And, you came in at such the right time as soon as I just completed my class assignment." She tried to get up from her chair afterwards and walked slowly toward her halmeoni while reaching for the older woman's hand.

"Please. Will you stay here with me, halmeoni? I really feel bored and lonely with no one else whom I can talk to at this time."

A moment after the elder heard those words from the younger one, she couldn’t help herself but to envelope her granddaughter in a warm hug.

“Aiigoo dear, I will. I will stay here with you without you having to ask me.” Sunny hugged her back, smiling. “Thank you, halmeoni. Thank you so much…”

They both kept staying like that for a while before let go of each other. Sunny then clung her arm to the older woman with a very bright smile on her pretty face, leading her grandmother to sit on her comfy bed and starting a chat among fellow women.

"Sunny, how’s your feet, anyway? Are you feeling alright right now? Jeongmal, I am very worried about you till I almost had a heart attack, especially when I just found out this morning from your umma that you experienced something bad yesterday night and got you a pretty severe injury.” She started before finally wrapping her arms around the younger. “Child, do not ever do this again, alright? I-I’m really.. scared if something bad happens to you and I do not want to lose any of my dear family members for the third times in my life. I’m afraid if a wound deep down in my heart was re-opened again after such a long time I tried to heal it. This is enough for me for everything that has happened to us. I do not want to if I have to lose my precious grandchildren. I can’t,, I can’t lose you too, my sweet baby. I just can’t. I would rather die if that painful thing could happen.” The old woman continued, hugging Sunny very very tightly, without realizing, a single tear has successfully escaped from her puffy eyes. Even though, she has tried hard enough to withstand the clear liquid to come out of her eyes. But being a responsive girl, Sunny still knew that the woman was crying just from the way her sudden tone changes. If she could, then at that moment she wanted to cry her eyes out as well but, she has to be strong in front of anyone including her family. She then hugged the latter back gently.

“H-Halmeoni..” She stammered, “… Please, stop crying. If you keep crying like this then I’m also going to cry right in this second with you. Honestly, I can not see you nor umma and oppa shed a tear. It would just make my heart hurts, really hurts.” The little girl carefully broke the hug and then wiped away the tear stains from her grandma’s face.

“Look, my feet are not too sore anymore, halmeoni. So, I’m really alright right now.” Sunny tried to convice the elder, forming her sweetest smile. “But still, I’m very sorry that I have made you worry. I promise to take a good care of myself in the future and never make such a recklessly move like this ever again.” It seemed that the younger brunette girl efforts have been succeed because slowly, her grandmother nodded and replied that smile lovingly. 

“Thank you, child and I hope you won’t deny your promise, ne?” Sunny nodded eagerly as the old woman started her honey brown locks lovingly.

“By the way, Sunny dear, I am truly grateful to know that your condition has become better than yesterday. I am also grateful that the things worse than this could not happen to you. And, it's all thanks to this kind-hearted young man, because he was able to save you just in time. I’m really grateful for his kindness. Ohh, right. What is his name again, Sun?”

“Um, n-ne. I am also thankful and grateful for his help, halmeoni.” She sighed lightly, “Err well, his name is Kyung Soo. Do Kyung Soo.”

“Do Kyung Soo? Oh my. That is a very nice name, and I’m pretty sure that this young man is also definitely very handsome, isn’t he?” The grandmother laughed heartily when she saw her granddaughter's scowl face. So adorable.

But not some time later, the laughter died down, and the older’s expression turned more serious than usual, even it made the younger had to gulp quite difficult as she saw the seriousness on her gaze.

“Soon Kyu. If you happen to meet Kyung Soo-shi someday, please pass on my thanks to him over what he did for saving you that night. I have already indebted to him, a lot...”

Yuri POV

So frustrating! How could Professor Hwang only give me time for a month to complete a task of my design projects!? And

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter