—» IV

4D Manager
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri 

For heaven's sake! Feelings of intense dislike starts to get ingrained. Jinjja I'm sick of him! He's so immoral, I could have punched him earlier. God help, this is the first time I met the worst man like him and already felt this hatred towards that one human!! Urgh! STUPID, STUPID OWL. Just see tomorrow, I will not let him go if we meet again. I glanced at my dirtied shirt I had stored inside a tote bag. I will repay you, owl. Just wait for the moment where I will humiliate you too in public, ha! I laughed sarcastically before hitting my fist on the closed door of this changing room. I bit my lip to calm down. I took a deep breath and exhaled. I've finished changing. Thank goodness I always carry spare clothes with me for caution. I sighed once again, and collected all my stuff. Upon opening the door, I found a worried expression of my childhood friend. Sunny must be hearing my outburts of anger.

"Yuri-ah, are you ok? You want to eat something to cool off? Come on, I'll accompany you. I just saw a new promo at this ice cream shop next door, or maybe you want to watch a good horror comedy movie? Let's go! Let's skip classes for today and prolonged our girls day out, you up for that?" Sunny gave me her sincere smile, she looked enthusiastic to cheer me up and slowly I reciprocated. She understands me the most. I'm really grateful to have her, she was my energy pill. Lee Soon Kyu-yah, gomawo! I hope, our sisterly ties will stay like this.

"I'm okay, Sun. No worries." I chuckled, "Hey... By the way, you want to go to the library, correct?"

"Yeah, of course?"

"If so, what are we waiting for? Come on! I'll go with you. Let's not skip classes, okay? You know it well that whatever we do will have an effect on the scholarship, right. So, let's do our best until one more year to survive, until we officially graduate. Arraseo?"

She nodded this time smiling brightly, so beautiful. She replied in high spirits, "Roger, Yuri saem!" We laughed again at something as simple as this. The weather today is good. I smiled at her, taking her hand. I led the way to a nearby library in this district to kill some time before our classes started late in the afternoon. What you say is true, happiness can be obtained in any way money does not always provide it. I'm just being grateful, I didn't know what would happen to me if I had to lose Soonkyu one day. My hope is really a lot, I know, and one of them is that hopefully our friendship stays forever— if possible, until our old age, when we can be there with our family or children and grandchildren to celebrate many occasion together, until the day we breathe our last.

POV Ends  

*Meanwhile at a particular luxury housing area (Beijing, China)*

A good-looking man was looking outside through the big window of his luxury mansion with a very cold expression as cold as the weather that day painted on his porcelain baby face. Beijing city weather on the day was raining heavily though. He continued to look out the window with an empty mind and soul-less. As if he was drifting alone in his own world without considering the circumstances of his surrounding. As of today, he didn’t even care about the phone conversations made by his mother with whom it was either on the other line.

“Hahaha~ yeah, it's been so long we didn’t exchange courtesies like this since the last time we visited you approximately, what, ten years ago? By the way, how are you and your family over there, and also our pretty baby Sun? Oh I see. We here are in good shape as well as my son... Well, I just want to confirm you again about his scheduled departure. My beloved son will depart for Seoul in the next two days from now.. Yes. I apologize for the unexpected news but I think, this is the best time for him.. So, I entrust my son to you, Mrs. Lee. I'm sorry, really, for bothering you... Oh! Please worry not, I’ll take care of all the necessary things, including about the plan that we talked about when we visited you last time. Hm.. if so once again thank you for your concern, I really appreciate it. Neh.. me, either. My best regards to your family too, Mrs. Lee.. Okay, see you later.” A gracefully middle-aged woman hung up the phone call, she looked up at her firstborn with a heart-warming smile.

"Have you done packing all your things, sweetheart? Oh perhaps, do you want me to call a maid to do it for you? Anyways, I've already took care of your requirements to move to Seoul. So that, you don’t need to worry about anything anymore." She smiled warmly as she approached one of her children. The young man who was her eldest and only son just sighed lightly.

"I've done everything myself, mother. Keep the maids away from my stuff, if you will. Sorry to trouble you." He replied still in his original position without diverting his attention to a woman beside him.

"Alright, dear." The lady of the house reached the top of his head,  it gently, "I didn't believe the time has come to let you go. Anytime soon, you'll leave Beijing—your hometown. I will surely miss my baby boy. Certainly this house will feel lonely without you, son."

They were dissolved in silence for a moment before the male child could reply to the last remark.

“Mom, do not exaggerate. You won’t be lonely as long as Li Hua's by your side, you know that. Everything will be fine, everything will go according to your plan.”

The adult woman nodded and she looked down. She could do nothing but put on a smile, although in fact she had a hard time keeping up her positive vibes especially regarding her son and daughter. She is willing to even sacrifice anything for her children happiness. She had to.

She patted her child on the back affectionately, “Lu Han, thank you. You have chosen to save our family, let mother takes control for the rest.” She was smiling proudly at him. This time the man— a person just mentioned finally turned his whole attention to his mother, he looked down at her furiously. It startled the mother, so far her son has never shown his emotions openly. But at the moment, the look in his eyes gave away his real feelings. He was deeply hurt.

“Why, why do you have the heart to do this to me mom? I don't get it, do tell me! Why is this family so against my relationship!? And you called yourself my mother— but you never think about my feelings! You have taken my happiness, what else do you expect from me?! You can kill me right now if you—” A loud slap echoed through the room. Lu Han paused, felt a sore on his left cheek. He looked back at his mother, saw her gasping for breath with angry red cheeks. The woman turned her back on her son.

“How dare you speak to me like that. I thought, we’ve talked about this before, Lu Han. And you have agreed to follow my words, am I right? So, what are you keep asking me the same thing for? It’s useless just because my answers will remain the same!” She is as angry now as her son: Xi Lu Han. Lu Han was the firstborn in the family, while the youngest was Xi Li Hua— his sister who recently attending elite junior high school. For the rest of his life in Beijing, Lu Han only once experienced falling in love and only once he made a bold move to confess his love interest -for Lu Han was quite your 'very shy' boy- to a demure young lady. They met one another for a campus project together on one fateful day and since then their story started. Along the way, they just clicked and fell for each other eventually and slowly started to become a romantic couple. Unfortunately, sooner than later, their respective families found out about this love affair. They forced the couple to immediately end their relationship, whether they like it or not. Each family never did approve of such relationship because of some business competition, aside from a shocking fact about the unforeseen engagement plans between the Xi's heir and other suitable partners. The breakup happened inevitably. Lu Han and the girl didn’t meet each other anymore right after that. She has gone somewhere to achieve her dreams of becoming an actress unnoticed by Lu Han while he would be transferred to continue his studies in Seoul real soon.

“She doesn’t deserve you, anyway. Believe me son, there are still many girls out there better than her. I promise not to let you down with this decision. Do you understand me, Lu Han? It's the last warning for you to never bring this topic out, again. Don't act rashly. Because son, if you're proven trying to thwart your engagement you know the consequences. Now please, go back to your room. Prepare yourself for the day of your departure within two days from now.” The mother added cruelly. He gritted his teeth, clenched his fists tightly. He tried to be relaxed, calming down his temper and patiently following through his parents' game.

“Understood. I’ll take my leave then. I'm sorry mother and, thank you.” Lu Han bowed to her, when she nodded he returned to his room right then and there, leaving the woman all by herself. She turned around only to catch the silhouette of her son who had drifted away. The mother sat on the sofa in the room, staring at the hand that had slapped her son. Guiltily, she covered her face with both hands, her tears slowly came out. She was sorry she had gone that far. She is actually a friendly affectionate woman, she never likes violence but in the end it all happened. She was really sorry that she hurt her son. Nevertheless, she promised to fix everything, "Lu Han, forgive mom, son. I'm sorry.."

*Back to -Seoul, South Korea*

Sunny 

It's eight forty-five in the evening as I walked alone with unsteady steps to leave my Department. We just ended the lecture, as usual with an assignment to take home. Yuri? She's still in the college with her other colleagues to finish their project. I can at least breathe a sigh of relief, because I know her brother will pick her up soon when she's done. I took another glance at my watch, and sighed. Is there still my bus at this hour? I remembered, I had refused Yuri's invitation to go home together. Really, I am so silly to turn down her offer but what can I do. I'd never wish to trouble her and besides, I have another assignment I haven't finished yet to collect tomorrow. If I wait for her it will be very unlikely because she usually takes a long while when it comes to a project.

What am I going to do? Should I call oppa to pick me up? Uh no, thanks. I don't think it's a wise choice. Surely, he wouldn’t be able to pick

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter