—» I

4D Manager
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunny POV

Rise and shine, everyone! I'm Lee Soon Kyu, annyeong! I'd appreciate any time you could call me "Sunny". It's such a good day. I woke up much earlier than usual this morning. Yes, I needed to take a great initiative in my life ever since I've been accepted in one of the great Universities in Seoul— Seoul National University. I'm in my third year of studies towards a bachelor's in Business Administration.

I was born from a middle class but, happy family. I'm no problem with living the ordinary as long as I've got appa, eomma, halmeoni, hal-abeoji, and oppa. Sad to say uri hal-abeojineun already passed away due to his illnes long before the start of my university year. It reminds me of what hal-abeoji always said to me or to the whole family during his lifetime. One time I had a problem at school he'd listen to me, giving my head a light he said that if anything happened I must be stay strong— to never ever drop the tears eventhough it was a really painfull moment to me. I closed my eyes, sending a silent prayer for my grandfather to rest in peace. I won't disappoint you, hal-abeoji… I would keep your words forever. I promise you. 

I need to keep going with my college life. As you know, I have one brother. His name was Lee Woo Gon. He would look appalling from the outside but! he was a caring big brother for me and the other family members, also he surprisingly has a compassionate heart from the inside.

We have a mini pastry shop that was built by appa’s hard works. Father absolutely loves baking any pastry, mom did too but honestly not as great as dad. He'd usually bake more cupcakes, pies and some baked bread when the weather outside was frightful. I still could remember his proud smile when he said that finally another one of his dreams came true. We were sadly mistaken, though. The happiness didn’t stay any longer with us. Something bad happened, appa passed away due to a car accident on my seventeenth birthday. Appa was following hal-abeoji up there. It left a deep sorrow to us, causing great fear the time we lost our shop as well once we couldn’t afford a high rent bills.

Months after we'd put on mourning, eomma began to stand on her own two feet to replace appa's position. It did not escape my notice that she worked harder day in and day out selling her freshly homemade breads, cupcakes, cookies, and even pies to Min ahjumma’s market nearby or sometimes via online. The hard work of mother was still not enough to meet our needs eventually, so after oppa graduated of his university, he was quick to help mom to lighten the load. He looked everywhere for a suitable job, and gratefully one day he got accepted as an employee in this company in Seoul. He was really a workhorse, I told you. I would always find him went home late at night, he looked clearly dead tired. Sometimes he was working overtime to get the job done but no matter what, he would always smile to me, saying “don’t need to worry… I’m ok”.

How many times I saw how hard eomma and oppa's efforts for a living, it all just affected me. I wanted to help my family too but, each time I asked eomma she would never allow me to work because she wanted me to just focus on my education. Instead of helping her to make money on my own, eomma would only ask me to deliver some of the pastry to Min ahjumma’s market. I was gladly accepting the task, or anything possible so long it would help to ease the burden on eomma and oppa. I’ll do anything to help my family if someday they require more effort.

Time goes by fast and now I’m one of the juniors in college, just like Yuri, thanks to my hard work in learning. Speaking of Yuri, she was a friend of mine. A beautiful girl and plus a happy virus one. But, she was also a careless girl at times, of course she copied this one trait from me, keke. We were good at making mistakes. Anyway, thank goodness we both luckily managed to achieve our educational scholarship program until we graduated. At least with the free tuition would help to reduce the cost of our daily expenses.

Kwon Yu Ri was truly my one and only friend since childhood. Wae? Because no one out there who wanted to talk or be friended me when I was in kindergarten. Every single day, I'd come to any kid my ages and try my best to make a friend but what did I get, they ignored me or pushed me away while laughing so hard as they trew me the dirts. Almost every day, I end up went home in a mess. Lucky me, I managed to come up with some rational reason just to make mom didn't worry about me. At an early age I slowly understand the logic of why they did bad things to me is because of my status. I was nothing compared to the rich—beautiful girls like most of them. I don't know how the children in such a regular school act like anti-poor, especially to those who are my equal, but I'm okay. I could make my own tiny world and yeah truthfully I already forgave them all, really. During the day, I was always alone, until suddenly Yuri transferred to our school as a new student in the same class as me.

I thought Yuri—like everybody else didn’t want to be my friend, but heck was I wrong! On one of those sunny days, she came to me all of a sudden and we'd talk. It was seriously made me happy, at least there was someone who wanted to talk to me. Since that day, we became friends and I learnt from Yuri that she was in the same kind of situation like me. She was from a middle class family, too. Of course, I felt sorry to her because there was no other who wanted to be her friends as well. She would then persuade me that it was nothing to worry about, if no one who wanted to be her friends then she got me as her best ever friend. Until now, we were always stick to each other and always there for each other. I promised myself that I would do anything for her happiness despite having to sacrifice my life or my own feelings though.

I smiled widely at the good memories, I immediately tidied up my room.

Alright! Let's take a quick shower and quickly get ready.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter