Chapter 30 (Final)

Pieces of You

GiKwang’s POV:

 

It was a sunny day. The sun beamed happily down on me as I walked into the flower store.

 

I walked down the aisle, carefully smelling each and every bouquet of white roses and decided on the best one before leaving the place.

 

 

ftdnwg.jpg

 

I inhaled in the fresh air as I stepped out of my car. I grabbed the bouquet and made my way towards the gate. As soon as I found Natalie’s tombstone, I placed the flowers in front of it and kneeled down onto the earth.

 

 

“Hey Nat… It’s been exactly a year since you left me… It’s been exactly a year, and still I haven’t stopped thinking about you… Jesus Christ, I miss you so much…” I whispered sadly—feeling my heart ache in misery.   

 

 

“But uhm…” I gulped as I choked back my tears. “I joined my parents’ company and I’ve been working there for a few months now. HimChan still works at the ChangSa Club. They hired another girl, and according to HimChan, she’s a complete , haha,” I chuckled bitterly.

 

 

“Things have been going pretty smoothly, but it’s definitely not the same without you. I should’ve spent more time with you… I shouldn’t have gotten mad at you… It wasn’t your fault… I’m sorry…” I apologized remorsefully. “Ah, I forgot to tell you. I transferred your grandfather back to a private hospital in GangNam to make it easier for me to watch over him. They called me this morning with good news! Your grandfather has awoken from his coma!” I exclaimed ecstatically.  

 

 

Soon, my smile turned into a frown.

 

 

“If only you were still here to visit him… He would probably like you a lot better than me,” I muttered.

 

 

“Anyways, I’ll get going now. I’ll go check up on him. I hope you’re doing well up there, Nat. I’ll come back soon.”

 

 

 

ftdnwg.jpg

 

 

I stopped by a small Korean noodle shop and purchased a small container of soup before heading to the hospital.

 

 

As soon as I opened the door to Natalie’s grandfather’s room, I greeted him warmly.

 

 

“Hello sir, my name is Lee GiKwang!” I introduced myself before bowing politely before him. “I am Natalie’s best friend. She is unable to come and visit you today, so I will be her substitute, hehe!”

 

 

Her grandfather smiled approvingly at me and patted the chair next to his bed.

 

 

“Have a seat,” he offered.

 

 

I nodded and placed the container of soup onto the table beside him before sitting myself down.

 

 

“How is my granddaughter? How is Natalie?” he eagerly asked—grabbing tightly onto my hand. Although a bit taken aback at how physical he was at first, I soon grabbed ahold of his hand as well.

 

 

I pondered on his question for a while, unsure of how to answer. I too, didn’t know how Natalie was at the moment.

 

 

However, it boiled down to a vague—but truthful and honest—answer.

 

 

“She’s in a happy place now, sir. You don’t have to worry about her,” I replied after a while.

 

 

Although dubious towards my reply at first, he nodded acceptingly.

 

 

I knew that answer wasn’t a great one, but maybe, if I resorted back to it every time her he asked about her, both he and I would believe it and be able to finally let her go.

 

 

As I fed her grandfather the soup, I could’ve sworn I felt a gust of wind brush against my cheek. However, none of the windows or doors were open.

 

 

With a simple assumption, I guessed that it was Natalie’s special way of saying thank you. 

 

ftdnwg.jpg

 

YAAAY! This fanfic is finally completed! ^_^ I know some of y'all aren't too happy about the ending, and I apologize, but I wanted it to be more on the realistic side. u_u Not everything is sunshine and rainbows!!! :-( But regardless, I hope you guys enjoyed. This is my very first fic, and I wouldn't have been able to finish it without your support! Thanks for subscribing, commenting, upvoting, and simply being a motivaton to me! OTL I will be starting a new fanfic shortly, called "Wolf," so be sure to check back soon hehe! Have a lovely day guys! 8D