Chapter 23

Pieces of You

Yongguk’s POV:

 

I had never been this blissful in my life before. The happiness I felt at the moment was extremely overwhelming, but I was perfectly fine with that. Everything I had ever wanted was now in my arms, and that was all I needed.

 

Natalie was cuddled against my side as we watched the stars twinkling happily down on us. Truthfully—if I could—I would’ve stopped time and stayed like that forever.

 

“Yongguk,” Natalie suddenly called out.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“...Is it possible for you to leave the gang?”

 

My heart dropped as I felt the bitterness of reality sinking back into me.

 

“Even if was possible, I wouldn’t allow myself to leave. I need to know what Jin’s planning in order to protect you from him.”

 

“I don’t care. We can run away to JeJu Island. I just want to leave everything behind and start over new, Yongguk. Everything will be fine just as long as you’re with me,” she whispered solemnly.

 

Before I could respond, Natalie’s stomach began to rumble loudly.

 

“Sorry…” she mumbled embarrassingly as she looked away.

 

I chuckled at her.

 

“Ani, it’s fine. Wanna go grab something to eat?” I offered.

 

She nodded shyly in response before I laced my fingers through hers and began the journey back down. 

 

Natalie’s POV:

 

After eating out at a small Korean tofu house, we stopped by a movie rental and checked out some films before going back to my house.

 

It was late, and I was tired.

 

But I was content.

 

Even better than content, actually.

 

I was happy.

 

Yongguk was here with me, and that was all that mattered at the moment. I rested my arm across his stomach as we watched the endless amount of films we checked out. I’d stop watching the screen occasionally just to steal a glance at his alluring face—allowing myself to soak in his beauty.

 

After a while, my eyes struggled to stay open. I felt myself suddenly being lifted up into the air and transported into my bedroom. After being tucked under the sheets, I slightly opened my eyes to see Yongguk making his way back towards my door.

 

“Yongguk,” I slurred as I blindly grabbed onto the hem of his button-up. “Don’t leave…”

 

He turned around and looked down at me.

 

I slightly scooted over to the other side of my bed—creating a bit more space—before opening the blanket and waiting for him to get in.

 

Although at first reluctant, he finally took off his shoes and slipped in beside me.

 

The touch of his lips against my forehead and the “Good night, Natalie” he whispered into my ear were the last two things I could remember before I fell asleep in the arms of the man I loved.

 

 

ftdnwg.jpg

 

 

The next morning, I woke up to a sticky note on my nightstand that read:

 

Good morning beautiful. Hope you had a good night’s sleep. See you soon. –B.

 

I smiled ear to ear as my cheeks flushed up.

 

What a lovely way to start my day.

 

 

Yongguk’s POV:

 

“Welcome back, Hyung!” ChangJo chimed cheerfully as I entered the lair. “Woah, you’re not wearing your mask today…”

 

“Yeah… Didn’t feel like it,” I fibbed and blushed as the thought of Natalie flashed into my mind. ChangJo narrowed his eyes playfully at me and interrogated, “Are you telling me the truth Hyung? That doesn’t seem like a good excuse for someone as reasonable as you...”

 

“Stop it kid,” I denied as I put him in a headlock.

 

“ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT HYUNG! LEMME GO I GOTTA BEAT THIS LEVEL!” he hollered in defeat before resuming his video game.

 

I chuckled at him before heading to Jin’s room. After knocking a few times, the door opened and Jin invited me in.

 

“Have a seat,” he offered before nodding his head towards the couch. Grabbing a bottle of beer from his fringe, he popped the cap off with his bare hands and began chugging it down like it was water.

 

“Jin,” I began as I sat down. “I know this isn’t going to sound good but… I want to leave the gang.”

 

Jin stared at me with his unmerciful, piercing eyes.

 

“Why.”

 

“I want to live a normal life, Jin. As much as I love working for you, I think it’s time that I go out and get a normal job and live a normal life and—“

 

“No. I’m not going to let you leave,” he cut me off coldly.

 

“Jin… I—I—Please…” I pleaded.

 

It was then that I realized how desperately I wanted to live a normal life, to have a normal career, to have a normal social life, to have friends, to be able to be in love with Natalie without having a worry. I struggled to keep the forming tears in my eyes from flowing out. 

 

Jin stayed quiet for a while—keeping his eyes focused on his window blinds.

 

After a long while of silence, I decided that Jin wasn’t going to change his mind. 

 

“Sorry Jin, I shouldn’t have asked…” I apologized before getting up and heading towards the door.

 

“Wait,” he suddenly called out. “Alright. Because I respect you and your wishes, I’ll allow you to leave under one condition.”

 

I waited, grasping onto the last remaining slice of hope.

 

“You must stay until the end of all the examinations concerning Natalie and her family.

 

If you leave before the examinations are over, I’ll consider you as a traitor.” 

 

ftdnwg.jpg

Hello my lovely readers! ^^ I apologize for the rather short chapter, but I hope you enjoyed anyways! Thank you to everyone who has subscribed, commented, and upvoted the story so far. I love and appreciate you all so much ;~;