Chapter 29

Pieces of You

GiKwang’s POV:

 

I quickly dialed Natalie’s number as I slipped into my car and started the engine.

 

Hello! It’s Nat, I’m probably unable to come to the phone right now… Obviously… Haha… So, you know, leave me a message and I’ll return the call as soon as I can! Peace,” her cheerful voice recording played over the other line.

 

“Damn it, Nat. You’re so ing stupid…” I muttered as I quickly backed out of my driveway.

 

ftdnwg.jpg

 

Natalie’s POV:

 

Jin cackled at me before mocking, “Wow, you’re extra good today. Surrendering before the game even starts! I’m not complaining though; the sooner you die, the better it’ll be for me. You’re nothing but a damn nuisance.”

 

 

I stayed quiet and stood my ground.

 

 

“Do you think you’re tough?” he chortled. “You’re just like your dog parents—stubborn and persistent. You don’t know when to stop, and that’s exactly what’s going to kill you my dear.” I continued to remained wordless and kept my piercing gaze on Jin.
 

 

“Well, aren’t you going to start? I don’t have time to play games with you,” he taunted.
 

 

Without warning, I lunged at him as I pulled out the knife from my belt. However, before the knife could get within killing range, Jin effortlessly kicked me across the room—snorting to himself as I grunted in pain.


 

“Is that all you have, princess?” he remarked sarcastically. “Get me a chair. This is going to take a while,” he commanded as he turned back to face his men. They all nodded obediently before heading towards the back of the room. While he was occupied watching them perform his order, I pulled out both of my guns. I slowly cocked their hammers backwards using my thumb and held them close to my chest. 

 

The moment Jin looked back at me, I fired blindly at him without aim or control. His men began pulling out their pistols as well—forming a barrier around Jin and shooting right back at me.

 

I continued to march forward—feeling the bullets pierce straight through my body. Despite the immense pain that was slowly spreading throughout my body, I felt completely invincible and glorious. At the moment, nothing felt better than this. Tears trickled down my cheeks as I smiled like a psychopath—happily watching as my bullets took down the men one by one.

 

I’m coming to you see you, Yongguk.

 

Wait for me.

 

ftdnwg.jpg

 

GiKwang’s POV:

 

“!” I cursed loudly as I came to another stoplight. This was the worst time for red lights to screw with me. I gripped the wheel tightly in panic—watching as my knuckles grew white in complete fear.

 

As soon as the light turned green, I stomped onto the gas pedal—speeding ahead of every car beside me.

 

“Natalie, please wait for me…”

 

ftdnwg.jpg

 

 

Natalie’s POV:

 

I collapsed onto the ground, watching as my own blood stained the asphalt. My surroundings suddenly became a complete blur. Unable to sustain my balance, I laid flat onto my back—wheezing heavily as the lights shined down on me sympathetically.

 

In between short, staggered breaths, I could’ve sworn I saw Yongguk smiling down on me from above.

 

“You can never win against me, Natalie. No one can,” I heard Jin’s voice ringing out somewhere in the distance.
 

 

I wanted desperately to reply to him, and tell him how much of a ing bastard he was.
 

 

I wanted badly to grab my gun and kill him on the spot, but I felt my body slowing shutting down.


 

From far away, I could hear someone call out my name. It sounded just like GiKwang.


 

I felt my upper body being lifted off of the ground and into someone’s strong arms. I squinted at the person hovering over me, and immediately recognized his face right away. It was GiKwang.


 

“Natalie… H-How could you just—“ he blubbered out as his tears dropped onto my face—blending perfectly in with mine. “Please, don’t do this. I can’t lose you, Natalie. I can’t lose you…”


 

My heart stung at his mournful words, but I knew that there wasn’t much I could do now. It was time for me to go.


 

“Mianhae, GiKwang,” I apologized as I gently fondled his cheek, feeling a droplet of tear dripping backwards towards my temple. “I’m sorry for hurting you… I’m sorry for everything… Please live well for me, okay? Please take care of my grandfather for me; don’t let him be lonely,” I managed to choke out.


 

“No, Natalie, please don’t say that… You’re going to be okay, you’re going to be okay,” he whispered under his breath as he continued to plant sweet kisses on my forehead over and over again.


 

I glanced at the back door, noticing that Jin was taking his leave.


 

“G-Gun… Please…” I gasped as I pointed at the gun a few feet away from us. GiKwang retrieved it for me and placed it into my hands.


 

Shakily, I raised the pistol up and aimed it directly at Jin. GiKwang steadied my grip with his firm hand, and on the count of three in my mind, I pulled the triggered—watching as Jin fell lifelessly to the ground.


 

I had done it.


 

Aren’t you proud of your daughter, Umma? Appa? I’m coming to see you both now…


 

From above, I could see my parents smiling happily down at me as their opened their arms out widely—waiting for me to come into their welcoming embrace. From above, I could see Yongguk removing his stupid mask—exposing his beautiful, godly lower face. He grinned at me and urged, “Hurry up, Grandma. Let’s go get something to eat.”  


 

I smiled warmly back at them and prepared for the long awaited reunion with my loved ones. 

 

ftdnwg.jpg