Another Day

Chances

Just to warn you there is some profanity in here so yeah just to warn you


Nina P.O.V

Blood was spilled and I laid there with a weight on my chest. Blood drenching my shirt, my hands, on my face.

 I reached up to his face “Kris?”

“Nina?” he smiled as his body fell off of my own. I switched positions to put pressure on the wound on his stomach.

“Hey baby girl, it seems that your boyfriend got in the middle of our fun. How about we try again, before I decide to make Koraya play with us”

“What happened” I questioned

“I pulled the trigger” he said “It didn’t have bullets”

“Were you planning on scaring him with it?”

“Joon; he gave it to me”

‘That’s smart’ I grabbed my gun and aimed but he grabbed my ankle “What about the girl”

‘Honestly’ “Trust me” I aimed for his leg shot at the shin and knee he fell quickly. His arm flew back that was my opening. I went behind him put the gun to his throat and slapped the gun out his hand.

“Go” I said and the girl ran out the door and I grabbed a tough of Thunder’s hair “Now how about you explain yourself. Like tell me who gave you my name”

“No one alright! I was lyin’ I just heard it from some suit”
“Are you lying?”

“No I swear” he hurried and I hit the back of his neck with the of the gun.

“Kris?” he came from behind the shelf holding his wound “Let’s go” I said

“Get Joon” he said

“Why? He gave you a bad gun and almost got you killed.”

“But you’d honestly; would let him die here?”

“You don’t want to know my answer to that”

“Nina” the look he gave me was very annoying

“Fine” I said going behind the counter I lifted him up and we went out the door. I met Kris in at the steering wheel and I couldn’t help but laugh ‘he can’t be serious’. I put Joon in the back seat and went up to Kris’s door.

“What?” he asked

“You can’t drive” I told him

“I can do this; now get in”

“I’m not driving with an Anemic I’d much sooner let you be blind and drive”

“What do you suggest” I gave him a smirk “You? Do you even know how to drive?”

“I do” he eyed me “Look you wanna risk your life driving with blurring vision; go ahead but you are not the only one in the car.” I motioned to Joon and he moved to the passenger’s seat. I started to drive to the condo. Joon was passed out and Kris was holding on, when you get shot the hospital calls the police and reports it so this was going to have to be my own job.

“Kris you got a phone on you” he gave me his cell and sure enough I found the company’s number on speed dial.

“Hello? Kris?”

“Let me speak with the boss”

“Who is this?”

“The one person, who can get you fired in few words, now put me through”

“One moment” a growl came to the phone “What do you want boy?”

“We have a problem; blood in a store no bodies. A clean up job, I’ll be sending you the address”

“What?” I hung up and drove into the garage. Kris leaned on my shoulder while I held Joon on my other one. I laid Joon on the couch and took Kris to his room.

“Kris” I said tapping his cheek “I’m taking your shirt off I need you to move your hands”

“And we didn’t even go on a first date yet” he said with a laugh.

I his shirt to see a very well-crafted six pack ‘focus on the wound’ with a bullet lodged inside. Thankfully it wasn’t a through-and-through shot.

I went to the bathroom and got pliers gauze and a whole bunch of other stuff to clean and seal the wound.

“This is going to sting” I poured a combination of things to disinfect it and he hissed in pain “here” I grabbed his hand “Squeeze when it hurts most I’m about to take the bullet out”

“What is this child labor?”

“No but it’s gonna hurt just as bad”

“You do this before?”

“Twice but I didn’t clean it; I burned it closed” I said grabbing the pliers “You ready?”

He shook his head and I too that as my only chance. I put it inside the wound and with his screams filling the air it reminded me of my first time taking a bullet out. I was glad it wasn’t me, at least this time it wasn’t me. I took the bullet and put it in a glass of whiskey. Kris passed out which made stitching him up a little easier. The gauze was nice to work with.

“Rest well gramps” I said closing the door to his room

I went to the living room and Joon was putting pressure on his arm.

“Look whose awake” I said cheerfully and he squirmed “don’t worry I won’t kill you” ‘yet’ “Kris told me to leave you alone, and I intend on doing just that”

He glared at me and I smirked at me “*Je vais vous interroger et de vous sauver en même temps*” I said 

“What-what did you just say?”

I went to him and put him in a head lock with a bit of struggle but he eventually passed out. I went to my room got rope from my bag and moved the furniture. I tied him up in a chair and gagged his mouth with a rag. I threw a bucket of cold water on him and he woke up in frenzy until he saw me.

“This is what it means to be helpless ” I lit the end of a cigarette and watched the end of it flare as I inhaled.

I pulled my hood over my head and walked over to him and circled him “This is going to be fun ” I whispered and he jerked away. I lit the lighter in front of him and he looked up at me with a hard glare.

“Now, every time I think you’re lying I’m going to burn your wound. Depending on how many questions have been asked I’ll burn you for that long. You decide to be silent is your choice and my choice will be to burn you after every time you do so. You decide to not have an answer I decide to burn you. Now, do you understand the rules of the game?” glaring he glared harder if possible “Okay now I’m going to take out the rag; now don’t scream, or I’ll cut off your b***s and stick them so far up your f***ing  a** you’ll be able to taste them” I took out the rag inhaled deeply and began to circle him

“First question; *que diriez-vous vous me dire quand vous avez été recruité?*” (How about you tell me when you were recruited)

His eyes widened as he turned to meet my eyes “What!?”

“You have to answer the question” I said with a smile “Or else” I lit the cigarette.

“That’s a different language how can I answer”

“I don’t care how you do it. *Just do it*”  

I could hear him cuss under his breath but this was his own fault.

“Now answer the question”

“I don’t know the question!”

“That’s not an answer” I reminded him

I lit the lighter and he started to squirm I sat on his lap and put the rag back in his mouth. I looked at him and back at his wound ‘Da*’ I put flame next to skin and he bit into the rag and his head flew back.  Things went like this for about an hour because he would on occasion pass out. After the seventh time I decided he was deluded enough to give competent answer in which he would not be responsible for giving.

“Have you learned your lesson?” I asked flicking the ash unto his pants and he nodded

“Now tell me where I can find the rest of your crew”

“A warehouse on the far side of the city by the coast”

I looked him up and down “Are you lying to me?”

“No”

“Okay one last question” I said putting the cigarette on his shoulder “Why did you give Kris the empty gun?”

“I was hoping he would get killed in cross fire”

“Good boy. I’ll be back”

“Where are you going” he asked wearily

“To finish some things”

“Don’t kill them” he said as I was about to walk out and it was just the phrase to keep me there to give him perspective

“You need to understand something baby boy, he was ready to kill three people in cold blood. Plus he was going to use Koraya as a sacrificial lamb. He’s not as high as the standard you hold him too”

“You’re to blame”

“Okay think that, but let me explain some things I put my life on the line to make sure Koraya was safe. I didn’t know Kris was behind me. Kris wanted to take care of your skinny little a**. Kris chose to save you were as I would have just left you to bleed since you wanted to help kill us. After you betrayed him he was ready to save you, I was going to give my life for Koraya and I don’t know her, Kris took a bullet for me”

I grabbed him by the collar and lifting him up looking him in the eyes “Thunder was going to kill three people; me and Kris saved you, Koraya, and spared Thunder; dipsh*t” I threw the chair.

I went to my room and grabbed the small gun and the sword then left.

Kris’s P.O.V

I awoke to a bright light and the feel of cold hands on me. My eyes were heavy and my chest just as so. My vision was blurry and there was no face to match these hands.

“I’m changing your bandages”

‘A man’s voice?’

“Nina?”

“She left last night with a gun and sword I haven’t seen her since”

“Joon?”

“Yeah; don’t ask why I truthfully don’t completely my da* self” I looked at his arm and saw burns.

I tried to get up to be put back down “What happened to your arm”

“What happened; your crazy girlfriend happened, but I’ve got to thank her since she did it to keep me from bleeding to death”

“We aren’t like that” I said shaking from his touch “Your hands are cold”

“Sorry”

“Are you alright?”

“Yeah my arm is sore but I’ll be alright”

“Did you say Nina still hasn’t been back since last night”

“Yeah she left to go” he stopped and I glared at him

“She left to go?”

“To find the rest of Thunder's gang I guess”

‘Dammit Nina’ I got to be put down “She can hold her own” Joon said

“She can’t take on all of them”

“Only 15” he said “There are only 15 of us. She took a gun and a sword she’s probably sleeping off a hangover in some other good looking guy’s apartment.”

 “I still have to find her”

“No you don’t”

Nina stood in the door with sword in her hands and blood drenching her body. She walked over to me and told me to lie down, I didn’t disobey.

“I see your relationship” he pointed to me “you’re her b*tch” he laughed until he started to feel Nina’s glare on the side of his face

“What happened?” I asked

She looked at me “*Parlez-vous français?*” (Do you speak French)

I nodded “*Que voulez-vous pas qu'il le sache?*” (What don’t you want him to know?)

“*La nuit dernière, je suis allé à effrayer Tonnerre et pris le plus que je pouvais gérer. Je suis allé lui demander pourquoi il a été vraiment attaquer les cercles de la société et de lui persuader que j'ai découvert qu'il était payé pour le faire. Mais tout ce qu'il sait, c'est qu'il a été payé par une combinaison dans un endroit qu'il ne correspondait pas po je pense que c'était-* ” (Last night, I went to scare Thunder and took on more than I could handle. I went to ask him why he was really attacking the circles in the company and after persuading him I found out he was paid to do it. But all he knows is that he was paid by some suit in some place he didn't fit in. I think that it was-)

I looked at her curious of why she stopped “Vous pensiez que c'était” (You thought it was?)

“I’m going to take a shower” she said and since she went back to speaking the open language I knew she wasn’t going to say.

After Joon had changed my bandages I was allowed to roam around the house. Joon didn’t leave my side I suppose because if it wasn’t me it’d have to be Nina and he isn’t on her good side.  He cooked for me and he decided to accompany me. I wanted to wait for Nina but after 5 minutes Joon told me to just eat. She didn’t come out of her room and I was going to check on her but I was told to do otherwise by Joon.

“Do you need any pain killers”

“No”

“You seem to be handling the pain well” he said

“I’ve been shot before; you?”

“Not really, been grazed before in a robbery. My gramps got the bullet instead”

“I’m sorry”

“Don’t be, the old bastard is living it up in a retirement home near the coast.”

“Sounds like my type of old man”

“Yeah he would be. You got any pain killers”

“Yeah in the bathroom, but I thought you said-“

“I said I had been grazed; never been burned before” he said going to the bathroom.

After he had left I started to think of the first time I had been shot. I laughed at myself as I found a smile on my face.

Nina’s P.O.V

There are a hell of a lot of things that I wish I could do but I can’t do any of them. I want to relax I want to train and I want to sleep really really badly but I’ve once again thrown myself into a job. ‘I really am brain dead’ I sighed. I had to go report my discoveries to my uncle sooner or later. I got up and decided to take go and tell him. I avoided Kris seeing as though he was paying attention as I sneaked out the front door with his bike’s keys.  I rode to the company and was about to walk in when I saw a town car pull up in front of me. I grabbed the gun I put in the back of my jeans until I realized who was getting out.

“Nina” Tao said coming out of the town car and I relaxed

“Hey Tao” I said “What are you doing here?”

“Nothing I asked the driver to pull over when I saw you. Nina; you don’t look well”

“A little sleep deprived” I said with a sigh “I’m completely overworked”

“That’s awful. How about I help fix that” he said a smirk gliding across his lips

“What do you mean?”

“Let me give you a day free of cares” he said

“I don’t know I have business to take care I don’t know if can”

“Come on; it’ll be fun just the two of us. I’ll take you to all the best places in the city”

“To relax” I said and he nodded “Nothing else?”

“Only if you ask for it babe”

‘He so nasty’ “Okay why the hell not”

I got into the car and we rode off.

No One’s P.O.V

The security guard looked at the screen that was connected to the garage’s video camera. As he watched the Boss’s niece get into the boy’s car he saw the logo on the back window and realized what had just happened.

“Put me through to the boss”

“Mr. Courtwell, sir, you have a call from the security office”

“Put them through”

“Sir, your niece just got into a Cave branded car a few moments ago”

“She did did she. Thank you”
“Is there anything you’d like me to do sir?”

“I want you to follow and assess who she’s with” the security guard hung up.

The old man got up and looked out unto the city that he claimed as his own.

‘That thing killed my younger sister. I let it live to serve the family. But If she dares to betray me I will give her no leeway. ‘

A smile of horrid proportions crawled over his face as a plan came into his mind.

“I’ll make her pay” ‘I’ll just need her to take my bait and I know exactly who can play the pawn’

 He walked over to the phone and dialed Kris’s number.


I guess I have some things to say and probably explain. First of all I am NOT NOT NOT  a native speaker of the French language, my friend it;s just hard getting in touch with her so my new friend Google translate decided to take her place. Another thing Nina interrogated Joon in French knowing he wouldn't be able to answer so he would feel helpless. Another thing I reason I used actual French is because my friend is French and I like the idea of using it plus its a very beautiful language.

Translations are in the parentheses at least should be