Changes, Regrets, and Revenge

Chances

Kris paced in front of me as I sat on the couch.

“Do you remember what you asked me to do?”

I looked up at him and was confused by what he said I tried to answer but my chin just hung open.

“Do you remember,” He screamed at me but got quieter “what you asked me to do” he stopped in front of me and I shook my head.

“‘I don’t want to see him again’ what happened to that?” he asked

“I need him” he was about to scream but I continued “I need him for his sister. My uncle wants her dead, if I get close to him I can get to her easily. Did you not see me back there I don’t know how to handle him in the slightest; I’m more than grateful to you for getting me out of there.”

“Grateful wasn’t the expression on your face”

“Yeah, embarrassment, confusion, shock; I could go on”

“Explain” he said crossing his arms over his chest.

“Confused because what he said was strange. Shock because first I was letting get as close as he was then what he said and then at the fact that I was embarrassed.”

“Embarrassed?” he said

“At what he said, and the fact that I wasn’t able to handle it. I can take a giant throw a punch at me but I can’t take a compliment. And it didn’t help that you were there”

“Oh sorry I interrupted your time with your boyfriend”

“Boyfriend; you’re blowing this way out of proportion” I said

“I am am I?”

“Yeah”

He grit his teeth “Go to your room” he said

“Since when can you-”

“Go!” he yelled and I jumped

Kris’s P.O.V

I looked down at her and saw something I-my yelling plagued her face with sadness. We stood there and I looked at her. I felt my face; it was hot with rage even as I had these thoughts of regret. I rubbed my temples and found myself pacing again.

“Nina” I said looking at her “this is too hard”

“To be honest it is”

“What should we do about this?” I asked sitting down

“Was life this complicated without me here?” she asked and I leaned back and shook my head. “Maybe it’d be easier on you if I left” I don’t know why but my heart sank.

“Yeah maybe that’s what’s best” I said ‘I don’t want you to leave’

“I’ll call my uncle to pick me up tomorrow” she got up and I found myself grabbing her arm “Nina I-”

She layered her hand with my own “I know I’m sorry that this didn’t work out too”

Soon I was watching her back slowly disappear in the shadow of the hallway. ‘No’ my throat was dry ‘you can’t’ I clenched my fist and she grabbed her door handle ‘don’t leave’ I got up and I heard her door close. I went to the hallway but froze in my place as I realized I wasn’t about to call out her name. ‘Genevieve’ I turned around and grabbed my keys.

“Kris”

‘Ignore it’

“Kris” I turned around and saw Nina looking up at me with her pug eyes I pinched the rim of my nose.

“What Nina?”

“I-Take me to that store.”

“What are you talking about?” I asked

“I want to repay my debt to you. I still owe you a helmet; remember?” she smiled at me but it wasn’t as strong as the ones before; I missed them already.

“Yeah, okay” a small smile appeared as I turned to the door.

I drove quickly even though I knew that the shop didn’t really close. As I walked to aisle where my helmet laid I looked at it wide eyed. Nina reached for it and couldn’t reach it.

“No climbing on the shelves” Joon the cashier said from behind a magazine.

“Sorry” I said taking the helmet off the shelf for her

We went to the front and I put the helmet on the desk. Joon finally looked up and smiled at me then at Nina. He was about to scan it but he started inspecting it instead.

“Sorry the serial number I need it to check it out I’ll be right back” he disappeared into a side room. A couple minutes past and he came back without the helmet.

“Can I see some I.D?”

“Joon since when have I needed I.D”

“I’m paying for it” Nina interrupted
“Well I need”

“In cash” she said rolling her eyes “don’t need I.D for that, now how much?”

“Let me go check again”

“Joon what were you doing all this time back there”

“Like I said looking for the serial number; without it I can’t scan it and without a scan I don’t know how much it is” he went back to the side room and I sighed then felt a pull at my sleeve.

She looked up at me but averted her gaze. There was a look of curiosity in her expression. ‘She’s probably thinking about where she’s going to go since you kicked her out Kris’ I thought to myself.

“Look Nina; maybe we can talk about what happened earlier-”she put her hand up and stopped me

“Kris” she waved for me to come down to her level, she cupped her in front of her hand “he’s stalling us”

I scoffed but she began to talk again “He went to talk to someone on the phone. I can hear him” I heard chatter ‘but that could be anything’.   

“I think we should leave” she said out loud

“No need to leave, miss” Joon came back “It’ll be 56.58”

“Told you so” I said looking over at her and she rolled her eyes. She took out a wad of cash from her pocket.

“It’s sixty keep the change” she said.

“Sure; don’t mind if I do” he said putting the money in the cash register

Nina leaned against the counter and looked up at Joon who broke into a cold sweat “Why didn’t you scan it” she asked

“I-I scanned it in the back” he said

“Now why don’t I believe you” she pulled out a LC9 and pointed it at his head “Now how about you tell me what you really did back there”

“Nina what are you”

“It doesn’t matter you’ll be dead before it’d matter”

“Who did you call” she yelled grabbing his collar but he was silent.

“Make your last wish” he said looking at her.

In that instant I grabbed a tough of his hair and slammed his head against the counter. After the first time the second time against the register.

“I believe the lady asked you a question” I growled in his ear

“Go to hell”

“You first” I said taking the gun from Nina’s hand and pointing at his arm “Who did you call!” he was silent and I shot him he whimpered and I told him he had 3 seconds.

“Thunder” my eyes widened at the name of the bastard.

Thunder was a growing pain in the boss’ side with his constant pestering of things. ‘Joon must have been recruited’ I growled and slid him to the other side of the counter. I grabbed Nina and started to leave when gun fire blasted through the windows. I put her behind me and aimed it at the window.

“Go out the back!” I told her

“No” she said and she grabbed my hand and fired out the window and a screamed followed it’s echo “You stay I stay”

“Let me take this, you get Joon” Nina shook her head

“You; I have better chances than you do” she said taking the gun I was about to protest but she put her finger to my lips “Let me do this for you since I can’t get you your helmet”.

She went over to another side of the shelve and as she covered me I went to the counter. I went to Joon and put pressure on his wound. I ripped off the bottom part of his shirt and tied it at his shoulder. ‘It’ll stop the bleeding somewhat’.

“Let her go!” I heard Nina yell

I looked over and saw a Nina pointing her gun at Thunder who was holding a girl by the back of her neck. He had a calm expression on his face that was completely the opposite of the girl’s. She was crying, more than likely from fear since he was holding a gun to her head. Something was strange about how he was so confident.

‘The girl’ I thought ‘she won’t risk the girl’ I shook my head and was about to go to her when I felt a pull at my pants. Joon’s grasp was surprisingly strong I took his hand and felt a dying pulse.

“Don’t do it” he said and I pushed his hand off be he grabbed me again and pointed at the shelf “Take that” I looked at a Lc9 and shook his hand “I’ll be back” I said going to shelf.

I saw him but I didn’t get a good shot so I waited for him.

“It’s nice to formally meet you Nina” Thunder said “You my dear are quite hard to find. I had to go half way across world to figure out your name; that is after hacking your company’s system didn’t give me any answers. It was troubling really but it was all worth it since you did embarrass me after all”

“I didn’t do anything that you didn’t deserve” she said

“Okay maybe you’re right, maybe she deserves it” he said pressing the gun farther into the girl’s cheek.

“She didn’t deserve to be treated like that Thunder” She said “I was just defending her”

“You should learn to keep your nose out of stuff miss Nina” the girl whimpered as his grasp got tighter “Now how about you put the gun down and I’ll rethink putting a bullet through Koraya’s skull”

‘Don’t do it’ Nina’s stature tightened and loosened in the next second “Will you let her go?” she asked

‘Don’t you dare Nina’

“Maybe” Thunder said

“Take care of her and Joon” she said and I knew then that she was talking to me.

‘Don’t do it’ her stance loosened ‘No!’ her hands fell to her side ‘NINA!’

“No” I ran to her.

No one’s P.O.V

Echoes of shots filled the air along with that the smell of blood. . . .


Sorry this was short. I had some problems writing this chapter. I asked my friend to proof the begining and she really wanted me to update it quickly. I'll type up a nice size for the next chapter.