Part two: Revelations

Chances

Nina’s P.O.V

My chest is tight and the strength is leaving my body. I was clawing at his back but he wouldn’t stop.

‘Stop’ I started kicking

‘Stop it!’ he grabbed my hair and pulled up his side ‘Dammit’

‘Kill him’

‘Stop’ I held his shoulder and tried to shake him off but I was getting weak.

‘Why are you doing this, Kris’ my vision got blurry and I my arm went limp

‘Why is this happening?’ everything went black.

Kris’s P.O.V

-Earlier that day-

I walked up to his office after passing my own bike in the garage. I already figured she was going to report what had happened to us last night.

‘The boss probably wants to see how badly I’m hurt to see whether I can work or not’

I knocked his door “Come in boy”

“Sir; you wanted to see me?”

“Yes, close the door and take a seat” I did as I was told “Kris, how is the girl doing?”

“Nina? She’s fine”

“How have her actions been?”

“Her actions have no less than dependable. She was the one to stich me up last night”

“I see. Now Kris I want you to look at these pictures for me and tell me a story. And then I’m going to tell you one of my own” he slid pictures to me.

There was a picture of Nina and then one of her getting in a car then on of the boy she was hanging out with. And one of them entering a spa and a picture of him and her in a pool . . . with her top off.

‘What is this?!’

“Well boy what do you make of this?”

“I-I don’t know”

“I see” he leaned back in his chair “That boy is somehow connected to Cave maybe working for them and I just might think that our little girl has come to betrayed us”

“No” I whispered

“No?” the boss said back “Than tell me what it is you think they’re doing?”

I opened my mouth to defend her but nothing came to mind or mouth. And I didn’t know whether it was because I couldn’t think or because I didn’t want to defend her.

“I thought as much. This boy; I want him dead and if not him her.”

My heart sank and my eyes went wide “What?”

“I can’t risk her destroying this company. If she is a leak I want her fixed,” he looked up at me “Permanently”

-Present time-

I wiped my eyes and lifted Nina’s body into the car’s back seat. I went to get in the car when I stepped on the pictures the boss had given me.

His words echoed through my mind ‘What is it you think they’re doing’ I almost hit the door. I wanted to be ballistic and betrayed and hurt, but I’m too confused.

I got in the car and started to drive.

‘It was to make her pass out quietly’ that was the only reason I kissed her. That was the only reason I kissed her like that.

‘Lying to yourself won’t help’

“It’s not a lie”

‘You feel guilty because you only want to love Genevieve, so you pretend it’s nothing’

“This is nothing. We aren’t anything”

‘You feel guilty because this is something. And you don’t know what to do’

“I have nothing to feel guilty about”

‘Except for the fact that you’re falling in love with Nina’

“I don’t!” I yelled hitting the steering wheel “Genevieve is the only one I will ever love”

‘You can’t help who you fall in love with, just look at Genevieve. She was a working girl and you took her in against the fact that she was someone else’s property’

“Stop”

‘And she died because you couldn’t protect her’

“Shut up”

‘And you’re scared because you think that it’ll happen to Nina’

“No”

‘You don’t want to love her, you don’t want to be worried for her, and you don’t want to replace Genevieve. But you do, you are and she hasn’t. Genevieve will always be there Nina just has taken a spot all her own’

“No!”

‘Why can’t you just accept this’

“S-shut up” I pulled over “I need a smoke” I took out my cigarettes and lit up.

I lift my head to look out the window and saw my past replay and I couldn’t help but let the lone tear stray from my eye.

“I’m sorry Genevieve” after a deep inhale I threw the cigarette out the window and drove off.

‘If I kill Nina the company won’t be in jeopardy, if I kill Tao she may just hate me. Or better yet, kill me.’

“How complicated you’ve made things Nina” I looked back at Nina’s sleeping face and found myself smiling “Maybe you hating me is for the best” and I felt an ache in my chest.

No one’s P.O.V

Kris grabbed Nina and put her over his shoulder. As he walked into the condo he found Joon on the couch.

“Oi, how did you get her to get like that?”

“She fell asleep Joon, that’s all” he lied

“I would have never guessed” he said sarcastically “Anyway, how are you carrying her when your wound was just stitched up?”

“I smoked”

Joon came up to me “Are you alright buddy?”

“No, do me a favor and stay in here” Kris said walking to the hallway

“What’s going on?” Kris left him outside the door of the room he hadn’t gone in months.

Kris placed Nina in a chair and the broken light above her head.

“Nina!” he yelled and her eyes shot open. She looked at him glared at him and blushed. The blush didn’t last as long as the glare as he looked at her.

“Did you enjoy yourself?” he asked

“Yes”

He smiled “You do know that I’m talking about your nap right?”

“Of course”

“Good,” he took off his jacket and lit a cigarette “So why don’t you tell me what you’ve been doing today”

“You interrogate like a cop” she spat

“No, I’m interrogating you like a kid-no a friend”

 “I don’t need you to hold back on my account” she said crossing her legs.

“Okay” he stood in front of her and dropped the picture on her lap “Tell me what you were doing”

Nina looked down at the picture and saw herself with Tao at the pool. She wanted to gasp, this was a perfect to reason to do so, and she couldn’t show her surprise.

“I was hanging out with my friend”

“No. What you’re doing is screwing with my mind, but that aside if you call taking your top off and playing in a pool hanging out we aren’t well enough acquainted”

“Okay good effort on trying to demean me, but you should just come out and call me a . Get it off your chest” she leaned back in the chair crossed her arms and closed her eyes.

“Did you had with him?”

“No. We were hanging out. He took me to a spa to relax if you hadn’t notice the past couple of days have been a little stressful. We were in the pool I was relaxing he stole my top and I got it back and I left”

“So you were on a date?” he asked this question and Nina blushed which was an answer all its own though she denied it.

“I am purely in this friendship with him to get close to his sister”

“You know that he has some connection to Cave”

“I do” she looked at me “that is the only reason why I’ve had this connection with him”

“You’re using him?” she flinched at what he said but nodded “How cruel of you. But I suppose it’s for the best. It’ll be much easier”

“What will”

“Killing him” he looked at her.

A wave of pain swept his face as he saw a reflection of himself in her eyes when the boss had asked him to kill her.

“You want me to kill him?”

“No. I’ll do that Boss' orders; but it’ll be easier knowing you don’t have feelings for him”

“Don’t” Nina said barely audible

“What, I couldn’t quite hear you”
“Don’t kill him” she looked up at him and a tear slid down her face. Nina was shocked and turned from him and wiped the tear away “I’ll do it”

“What?” he was astonished

“I’ll kill him” she said

Kris concealed himself as best he could as he looked down on a girl who he saw was slowly shrinking into oblivion. Nina got up and went to the only window in the corner of the room hugging herself. Kris watched as the tears silently fell down her face. With the moonlight hitting her skin and her tears he cursed under his breath and threw the cigarette.

‘I love her’ he ran his hand through his hand and went up to her “Nina”

“I’ll do it okay?” her body shook as she yelled “But I just-” she broke down in mid-sentence and fell to her knees and cried into her sleeves. Kris sighed and came down on his knees and grabbed her and sat her at his side and gave her his shoulder. Kris new that this was not going to be easy telling the boss but this what was going to be best for her. Kris figured Nina will take her time and comes to grips with what she has to do and take care of business; in her own time. He wanted to think that was his reason for making her do it and not doing himself still, but he really knew that in the end he was making her do it because if he did it himself she would hate him. And he didn’t want that. 


Sorry this chapter is shorter than the last. I usually make it a point to make sure the next is longer than the last it just didn't happen this time. It's like 1:09 I'm a little tired, I should take my litlle a** to sleep. I wanted to type and update so I can wake up to the comments of my wonderful readers ^-^.