30 Days

Chances

"When do you want to go?" Kris asked  

I shrugged as I continued chewing the remains of my cereal. I didn't feel well I didn't want to go anywhere. There wasn't a place on this earth I wouldn't rather go than  to my uncle's.  There wasn't a set time I had to get to him. but there was only one problem. 

'Kris' 

"Go get dressed" 

"Ye" I said standing up. 

I slinked into the room I pulled out everything in my bags. I put on some shorts and a shirt and I grabbed a couple black bracelets and looked at myself in the mirror. I wear things like this when I go straight to work. It's easy to move around in.

I walked out the room to have Kris meet me at my door "Your going wearing that?" 

"What, I can't look like a teenager?" 

"Your going to business meeting , why dress like that" 

"I could start working this afternoon, I need to be ready. I fight in things like this" 

"Okay, let's go" 

I was silent during the drive. I wanted to think about last night but found myself at a dead-end and gave up. I wanted to rest, my mind was tired. I didn't want to think about anything.  

"Nina," Kris called 

"Hmm? 

"We're here."  

'Well wasn't that a nice nap. I almost got the chance to close my eyes' I thought sarcastically. We were silent on the elevator, walking to his office, and in front of his doors.  

Walking inside it was like nothing had really happened. almost everything was completely fixed. 

"You actually came. That is quite the sign of good faith on your part." 

"Thank you sir." 

"Kris, excuse yourself," with a bow Kris left "Now my dear I'll brief you on your new job. I want you to take down Cave enterprises. They've been clawing there way into things-things I'd also want taken care of. Now they have been looking into our trafficking circle. I believe that they could have a gang countering my work, I want them gone" 

"Sir" 

"Also I want this woman" he passed me a picture "dead, when I order" 

"Yes sir. No would you like to be briefed?" 

"Me? Briefed about what?" 

"The terms" 
"Terms?" 

"Yes. As we both know our family has been using me to do jobs. I'm a valuable resource to I am ordered to on whatever the job to put my life before my job. So if my life is at stake you don't have the authority to risk my life. Also, if I'm arrested you are entitled to bail me out. I cannot be in jail and you will not leave me there. If you have to you will break me out," 

"I suppose those are reasonable terms" 

"I also will need one month" 

"A month? For what?" 

"Preparation. If I'm not ready the whole thing could be compromised. I don't risk things lightly, I need to be at the top of my game" 

"Aren't you always at the top of your game?" he said mocking me 

"No." 

"I see. Then I'll give you a week" 

"A week? How about I tell you what will happen. On Friday I would have been arrested, Saturday I'd be out, Sunday you'd be found out for hiring me, Monday I'll be gone" 

"So the family would hide you?" 

"I'd be as real as a nightmare" I said cockily leaning back in the chair 

"Okay I'll give you your 30 days but don't laze around girl. I want actual preparation." 

"Yes sir" 

"Come in please," a woman with a large case and a sword in hand came in "These are gifts. I'd like you to use them" 

"Thank you Uncle" I said.  

'The case is long enough to be a M-24. But that rifle isn't that wide. Double padded?' 

Kris stared at me in the elevator to the point it felt awkward.  

Kris's P.O.V 

'How can something so small carry something half her on size?' 

Kris's end 

Nina's P.O.V 

"Why are you staring at me?!" I snapped 

"No reason" he said still not averting his gaze.  

'He's probably mad about his helmet. Or that I found out he sleeps ' 

He turned his gaze and a weight lifted off my chest. His eyes were strangely sharp. 

'Eyes' I thought 'Eyes' I started to remember last night. There was a coldness in them but warmth with his approach. His intent was really kind. 

Kris packed my things in the trunk and as he passed me I grabbed him. 

Kris's P.O.V 

She grabbed my sleeve and stopped me in my tracks. She wasn't looking directly at me she was looking at the ground. As I stood there I looked down on the top of her head and realized how much I actually towered over her. 

"I . . ." 

"What?" I asked 

"I'm so. . . ." she something and seemed to have shrunk with the words she attempted to whisper. 

'So all of the sudden she can't speak?!' I found myself irritated 

"Speak up" her hand was shaking, I rolled my eyes "Look at me to talk to me" 

I went wide-eyed as big burning hazel eyes looked up at me. I couldn't look away. 

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to lose your helmet" 

'She just a kid' "It's okay, I guess it's not your fault" 'She kinda looks like a puppy'

"I lost it in the spur of the moment and I didn't really mean to leave it there" 

"Left it where?" 

"The Cavern"

"What?!"

"What?" she said 

"You went to the Cavern ?!" I checked my bike that night and saw it wasn't there. I didn't even think of her going there. 'I thought she just left it some where'.  

"I'm sorry" 

"No! Your uncle told you shouldn't go anywhere near any trouble" 

"I didn't think there would be trouble" she whined 

"You're lying!" 
"Not entirely, I knew there was trouble but I didn't listen to myself" 

"Are you brain dead?" 

"It really depends on the moment" she said calming down 

"Ugh. Okay just-just get in the car" 

"Okay"  

I drove thinking, her getting into that kind of club was unimaginable. 'I only went there once because I was invited. I got into a bar fight almost as soon as I ordered my drink.' I looked back at her through the mirror, she had no marks, cuts, bruises that I could see. 'She must be as good as she claims. But of course that's easy to see since she's been given gifts like a sword and whatever in that case.' 

Kris's end 

Nina's P.O.V 

As I sat in the back seat looking out the tinted window I noticed that we had made a wrong turn. 'He's taking me somewhere other than the apartment?'  

"Where are we going?" I questioned 

"You noticed?" 

"Than you were assuming I wouldn't. Where are you taking me?" 

"To a shop" 

"What shop?" 

"Didn't I say you were going to buy me a helmet" 

"Okay" I laid out in the seat in wait for our arrival. 

Walking up to a building with no name and blacked out windows made it almost appealing to be around. As Kris tried to walk ahead of me I grabbed his sleeve "There are men with guns watching us. Can't we just go to a different shop?" 

"Nope. We'll be fine. They're just the shop's security guards" 

"Security guards are cranky old men with weight problems that handle a nightsticks not assault rifles"  

"Come on" he tugged me in front of him and we quickly made our way inside. 

As he looked around I watched as Kris enjoy his time. But I wasn't exactly bored either the thousand of colors and patterns and designs were an amazing view. A green money designed helmet reminded me of something 'I have no money' I gasped out loud and got a strange look from a man at the front desk. 

"Nina I found the one I want " 

"Kris" 

"What?" 

"I don't have any money yet" 

"I know. You're gonna get this on your own I just wanted to make sure you knew which one I wanted" 

"Oh" I was relieved.   

Someone's P.O.V 

"She's leaving now" I answered through the phone "You aren't gonna believe who she came in with. Nope, nope, nope, nope but he would wouldn't he? Man I just wanted you to guess who it was. Kris. Yeah that one. Who knew he had a thing for the young ones.  Well since she's rubin' elbows with someone from 'there' I think you should leave it alone Thunder. Yeah I know, stay out of it but she was just helping Koraya-Hello? Hello? Prick hung up on me" 

Nina's P.O.V 

I took the case and sword in my room and locked the door behind me.  I open the case to what I had expected plus and ault rifle and small hand gun. I searched the lining and found a lever and it hatched a compartment under the gun's layer. There had to be thousands of dollars here. It wasn't the first time seeing so much cash but I've never seen Chinese currency. I took out the M-24 and put the entire case under the bed. I positioned in front of me and looked through the sight. I could practically see the dust growing 'eww' it just proved it diligent. I looked and it was full. I took the sword in hand pulled the sheath off and stared at a bright silver. 

'First thing to do is train. I'll see if I can find some way to spar. Street fighting may be my only exercise.Second is to research and find a way to at least learn some history on the way things go here so I don't seem like a complete outsider. Considering I am. Then I should do the job I was given. I should really move out before then' I looked over to my bed 'I definitely have enough money. I could buy a small apartment. What time is it' I looked at the clock on the dresser. 

"4:58" 

'The third thing to do . . . ' I sat there in silence 'Get rid of my sympathy'. I have had many jobs where I had to kill but they were usually back to back. I had taken a break from it all 'Which was the one thing I shouldn't have done.' I actually came to find that not all the people I had killed were bad. That was what made me more caring and in all honesty it just made my life and job harder. And that sympathy I have now is the key reason I have to train.' Th 

"But being the monster I am I could always use my fourth method"  

The dreaded work method is one I started using after I had gain my sympathy. I'd starve myself of anything. I would do nothing less than train for days on end. It help me fly through a job with ease if it was an in and out assassination and I wouldn't remember anything that happened. But there would be more cartilage than really necessary. I saw myself in a reflection while I was in that state 'I really did look like a monster'. 

"I'm a monster," I said "I'm tired of thinking I wanna take a nap" 

I got off the floor and started taking off my clothes and then the door opened. 

"Nina" 

I looked at him then at my half-clothed body (lower half clothed) and then back at him. I covered myself and glared at him before turning around. 

"What?" he said with a laugh 

"What do you mean what?" 

"I mean 'What?'" 

"You can't just barge in here. Get out!" 

"Oh. You want privacy?" 

"Yeah kinda!" 
"Well you have to earn the right to have it. Until then I will be making you remember you don't have any privacy in my house. Just to let you know there aren't any locks you can use on the doors." 

"Wait I was just-" he cut  me off with a glare. 

"I told you to never come in my room. I expected you to follow that one rule I had given you. So this is your punishment." he turned around and grabbed the knob and I rolled my eyes before he had turned around "One more thing," he walked up to me and I was cornered "You also don't own your own personal space" an evil smile appeared  "Well you have to earn the right to have it. Until then I will be making you remember you don't have any privacy in my house. Just to let you know there aren't any locks you can use on the doors."  with that he left the room.    

Something told me that I really needed to get out of this house. I growled a bit in annoyance. There was nothing I could think of doing to get him to trust me. 

'But I had a good reason I thought something was wrong. I had to go in there. At least it wasn't his other precious little room.' I froze 'He sleeps with a gun. He let me go when I tapped his arm, was he awake? Or did he do that because that's how it goes? Does he have girls come on a regular to be able to recognize that gesture in his sleep? Is that why I smelled perfume the first day comming. No, this perfume had sink in-no way in hell that every girl he got with wore the exact same perfume unless he did exactly that because of a connection to that perfume. Or to say the person who wore it first. But if they slept in his room what's in that other room?'

 


Will Nina ever get the chance to see whats in that room?

Will she earn some privacy?

Will Kris tell her why she can't go in the room?

Is she gonna run into Thunder again? Better yet Tao?

Will she stop procrastinating about her tears and actually figure out why she cried?

Will she fight in a street fight?

Will the 'Work method' come into play?

If Nina was a puppy what type of dog would she be?

 You wanna know? Yeah you do! Keep reading! Find out.