Behind Closed Doors

Chances
My uncle continued to laugh as I stood there stiffly. I couldn't see Kris's face but I could only imagine it as straight. If there was a face of disgust than I would have seen the reaction of anger in my uncle. You don't go against him no matter who you are. 
"Are you done?" I asked walking up to Kris
"Yes my dear. I would of course continue but I seem to have been put into a bit of a mishap. If you wouldn't mind" he held out his hand to me
"I do mind" a scowl plagued his face 
Kris went up to him and helped  him up. The way he went up to him was a bit pitiful. I wish I could say different since I knew he was a good guy and everything but he went up to him too quickly. I knew it wasn't out of worry, and devotion was definitely not it.  But it was a bit disgusting seeing him like that towards him. I've never seen such a great misplace of sincerity. There had to be other bodies around I could smell the blood, though I couldn't really differentiate whether it was old or new.'How troublesome' I thought to myself.
"Thank you boy" he said
"Sir, what happened here? Was it?"
"It was from a pipe bomb" I said crossing my arms over my chest.
"That it was my dear, that talent of yours is accurate to a deadly fault" a smirk crept on his face "completely deadly"
'That dam smile-don't make that face at me you dam pig' I thought with a chill coming to my spine.
"Where do you want to talk," I asked "The open air, it ain't safe. And to be honest you aren't worth my risking"  I smirked feeling triumphant in that small insult.
"Indeed, you are. With your ability to spill blood as you could," he smiled genuinely " You are far more valuable. And I am going to use you to your worth my darling, niece" 
i cringed at his ability to smile at the thought of blood shed. Of massacre. he dusted himself off and walked up to me. I looked at him and he passed me.
"Follow" he said I walked behind him "I can't say that your stay will be welcomed amongst the city's worst or finest. Especially if you're seen with me. So staying with me won't be your option. I'll fund you for as long as you do your jobs. Find a place to stay for the night-" he stopped and I froze behind him. He turned around and looked at me then behind to Kris.
"Better yet, you'll stay with him." I looked at Kris  wide-eyed "keep an eye on her"
" Shouldn't you ask someone before you make them carry a responsibility like that?" I said angrily
"Fine. Boy, do you mind?" he asked and I looked at Kris and he had his head down. He quickly shook his head and a scowl plagued my face
"See, no problems. Now take her home I need one less headache" Kris grabbed my wrist and and started to pull me past my uncle but not before he grabbed me harder on my arm.
"You will be here in the tomorrow to collect your assignment" he looked up to Kris  "and you will bring her. And don't think for a minute that I won't cage you up to make sure you remember who owns you now" I yanked out of his grasp only to be pulled by Kris harshly.
When my eyes met the elevator door I shook free of him and silently went to doors. As we rode down there was silence. Only slight glances were made between us and it was awkward. These silent, dark, uncomfortable feelings were always something that followed and attached to those who visited that monster of a man. Kris seemed uncomfortable and for the most part it was because of me but some of the glances the tightening in his jaw showed he was bothered by something else. I wanted to say something but I felt responsible for putting the weight on his shoulders in the first place. When we got to car I stopped him and I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. I looked up at him and a weak smile shown with small laugh. I got frustrated and let go over him though it was childish I couldn't help it. He was being so obeidiant, he was better than that. We drove around for a while and went straight to a large condo building. the balconies were beautiful and traveled to they sky. Another elevator was needed and we get to to his home. A faint smell of perfume skirted the room and it was accompanied by that of blood. And it was like the perfume it was faint but it coated everything and I smelled it from the front door.
"This is my home. It's kinda big I do a have guested bedroom, your welcome to stay there. I cook and the chef will take your orders. I tend to be out late so sorry for any loud intrusions at night. Oh and try not approach me in my room in the morning"
"Why not?" I asked taking a deep breath and walking up to him.
"Oh and try not to ask too many question"
"And that was just one to answer" I said
"I have my reasons"
"And those reasons are?" I question
"Oh you're gonna play 20 questions with me. Why were you brought here?"
"Aww you just had to answer the question, you don't play fair" I whined walking to room. Walking down the hallway I passed a door that was source of the smell. I reached out to the doors knob and touched it slightly and the smell slowly disappeared until my wrist was grabbed and I was spun around. Kris's grip was tight and it  almost hurt.
"You stay out of my room when i'm not in there" he started to drag me down the hall. We walked all the way to another door. The room was a warm color and and the bed was nice. I sat my things down and traced the walls with my fingers. Slowly the became a little cleaner.
"Nina" Kris called me and tapped the spot next to him on the bed "Come here"
As I sat there I waited in silence.
Kris's P.O.V
"I'd like it if you could tell me about yourself, your favorite music, age, old friends, your old home"
"Why I'm here" she said cutting me off. She wasn't wrong I wanted to know why she was here. It was obvious that she was here to kill but there was something more to it, something more to her.
"I knew weren't joking when we were in the living room. Don't feel bad for asking you deserve to know about who's in your house. So where do you want to start? You know I'm here to kill but you want to know something else."
She was scary. This girl that was practically half my size was scaring me. That was what I wanted to know I wanted to know why she could do so. 
"Okay tell me about the curse" I asked with a hard swallow
She twinged and I was going to take it back but then she spoke "The curse was around long before I was  even born. But it plagued my life five years ago (she was 9). I woke up arms red with blood, hair drenched in it, and I stood amongst a field of corpses. Ashes flew in the air as the house behind me burned to the ground. The warmth attracted me to it because I was cold even the blood was warmer than me" she had a straight face and I was astounded "I looked down as the blood all slowly disappeared from my body. No stains and I had no cuts. I was later brought in by relatives that hadn't existed before. Test were ran and secrets were of the girl who had no blood. They put me through test-I wasn't like I was before, I saw better, understood more, had better reflexes. It wasn't normal-I wasn't normal. "
"So . . .?" I was a little confused because there were things she wasn't telling me.
"Yeah it's a little confusing. I didn't understand it myself at first. Like what it is that makes my brain and body work? They didn't tell me. But what they found out was that I needed blood but you see " she hooked her finger in "No fangs. They realized from what I had told them is that my body-my skin absorbs the blood. The blood absorbed is filtered through my body and turned into something else. But no matter the test, whatever was in my body wouldn't show itself. If you cut my arm open and see my vein cut that open nothings there. Whatever it is-it needs blood, more than anything. And it makes me myself want blood just as much and it's given me a heighten sense to it.On occasion I have had a drink or two of blood but that's only if its really necessary. The curse makes me super human, and it thrives on blood to sustain itself."
I sat there in silence. I looked at her and the way her body was I could tell I was making her uncomfortable. She went through what had to be thousands of different test. But her being able to kill anyone seemed really impossible. She looked scrony and didn't seem to have anything particularly outstanding about her body but she is wearing a big jacket.
"So since your practically super human they want to use that to their advantage." I said
She nodded. I saw what this was, she was a pawn in game she couldn't even play in. 'Inexistant relatives? So her relatives didn't have any contact with her before than? They really are just using her. Poor kid' 
"What about your parents?" I asked stiffly and she jumped her body stiffened and curled then she looked up at me.
"They sold me" I was a little shocked but I didn't show it. I have seen kids sold a thousand times over. I peeked over and Nina's skin flashed tan and hair black and I jumped. With the blink of my eye she was pale again.
'It's not-she's not her, pay attention' I thought to myself
"Are you okay Kris?"
"Yeah. You rest a little while, I'm going to make dinner" I got up and left the room. 
"I'm not going to let there be a chance for another mistake" I went to the kitchen
~Kris's end
"He's a good guy" Nina said to herself as she realized he wasn't standing outside her door "It's better if he didn't know"
'Parents' with that one word the memory of that night came to her. Her body ached and chills ran as the walls became painted by red. She hugged herself and fell limp against her bed.
'Just wait it out. You can handle it-just-just wait a while' she thought as her lust slowly consumed her. She knew that this was just a small fit that would accure at that memory, but it didn't make them any better. This, was her body's reaction to withdrawl.  

What should Kris not know?

Who was it that Kris saw?

Why can't she go in his room?

What will her mission be?

If shes going through withdrawl, how long ago was her last feast? Will she be able to accomplish a mission?

Will there be a blood bath to quinch her thirst?

What will they have for dinner!?

You wanna know? Read the next chapter and find out!