Their Meet

Chances

With nothing but a hoodie, tank top, and sweat pants not to mention sunglasses I lazed in the  V.I.P section. This was my first time in China so being 16 and a girl and bored I wanted to take a pictures. I'm also 16 and lazy so the possibility of movement is unlikely. I grabbed my camera from my bag and pointed at the window. 

"You should get up and take it" I slid down in my chair and looked up at a tall blonde man staring down at me "The picture I mean"

 "Did I ask you?" I said grimancing in the scent he carried

 "So you must be Nina?" he said smiling " I'm Kris, I'm here to you to your Uncle's office"

  "Oh um ok" I grabbed my two bags and stood up. I was embarrassed, he looked like a giant compared to me.

 "Must be nice being 6'2" I said gaining a snicker 

 "Not really ma'am"

"Not ma'am Nina, okay? Now lead the way!" I said cheerfully. He reached for my bags but I assured him that I'd carry them myself.

"Then follow me"

                                                                                          In the front of the airport i was met with a black SUV. It had no plates and tented windows which made my ride  of course more assuring. Kris was kind enough to inform me on some small things about the culture here. With the conversation we held I wasn't in the slightest distracted by the scent the was soaked into the seats of the car.  The drive was calm and pleasant, but that atmosphere depleted as we got deeper into the city's center. The large steel and glass building cast a menacing shadow our direction. That was more than likely the tallest buildings I'll ever see.

"We're  almost there" he said

I sank in my seat as the car was engulfed by the tower's garage. After parking the car we went to the elevator and Kris pressed the buttont to the top floor. How the elevator could travel so smoothly so high astonished me. Not to mention the fact that it itself looked like it was made of nothing but glass. I saw across the Sky and it was beautiful. But regaurdless of the view I the thought of staying with my uncle plagued my mind. He was a cruel man, capable of unspeakable feets. And that power was one of the many things that struck fear in me. To think that we're even blood related to me astondes me. The fact he could be my mother's brother always took me off gaurd. My heart began to hurt with the thought of my mother.'I have to think of something else' I thought 'Distract yourself'.

"Do you mind telling me which wife's he's on? In the sence of married to I mean" 

"6th ma'am" he answered

"6th ma'am" I mimicked. Gaining a snicker from gentle giant the elevator shooK fiercely and I was thrown off balance.

"Careful" Kris said grabbing my shoulders and holding me against himself.

My eyes widend and I pushed him away as the scent coating his suit washed over me, I leaned against the glass wall.

~Kris's P.O.V

"Are you okay, Nina?" I asked as her back turned to me. As her hair shifted against her neck I saw two letters like scars carved there. 'BH? What does that mean?' I wondered

~Kris's end

"Yeah b-but what was that-that rumble?" I asked a bit distraught by the scent

"I don't kow but we're gonna find out" he said that and the elevator doors opened to a scene of chaos. Kris pulled out his gun and pulled me behind him as he lead the way slowly out of the elevator.

"Stay behind me" he said and I mentally scoffed. He started walking but the shift in air behind me distracted me. Dark eyes, a slim figure, and dark clothes silently darted through the elevator doors. 

"Nina, come on" Kris called and I caught up to him.

Wind blew a certain stench traveled though me.

"Boss!" Kris called 

"Over here you idiot"

My uncle lay with blood leaving his ears and eyes. Face plastered with what I could only think to be material from the blown out wall. 'Someone tried to kill him,' I thought 'a bomb?'. I kept my distance though I stood in plan sight.

"So you finally show up?"

"Sorry for our late-" my uncle raised his hand and cut Kris' apology short

"I was talking to, you" he pointed his bulbous finger at me and my heart sank.

"Uncle" I said dryly but was cut short by his hearty laugh

"Of course! Of course! This all makes sense now. There would be no wonder as to why I'd be marked with death when I am met with you. The cursed child of our family. The child that only carries the very curse in the body she herself had tainted, her own. And now I am to die because of your prescence though, I live? Am I truly so great?" he screamed continuing to laugh 


What is Nina's curse

What do the letters on her neck mean?

Will Kris ever get the chance to know?

Will her Uncle ever die? *whispers* hopefully~

            READ THE NEXT CHAPTER AND FIND OUT!  

Kat needs help~ If you know how I can get some good pictures for the chapters I'd really appreciate it.

Oh sorry it's pretty short I'll work hard on the next chapter to make it long if there's enough subscribers~.