Chapter Fourteen

Everything Started Out Normal...

Baekhyun led Victoria back to his house. She didn’t understand why he seemed so thrilled that she couldn’t remember before the age of twelve. To be honest, Victoria hadn’t thought about it before. People forget things as they get older, it wasn’t that big of a deal. To Baekhyun, it apparently was. He was dragging her behind him by the hand, practically glowing with excitement. He hadn’t bothered to explain why he was so thrilled.

He pulled her into the house, startling Julia in the process. Chanyeol was sitting on the couch playing video games when they came in. One look at Baekhyun, and his twin paused the game and followed him into the kitchen.

“Where did you two run off too?” Julia asked, glaring at her son. “Left a bloody rag on the bathroom floor! What happened?”

Baekhyun waved her off. “I accidently broke her nose with the door, but that’s not important. Mom, weren’t there a bunch of abductions going on in the south when I was a kid? Supernatural kids going missing?”

“That’s what you’re thinking?!” Victoria yelled at him. “I wasn’t abducted, Baekhyun! I’m just human!”

“How do you know?” he argued, pointing a finger in her face. “You can’t remember before sixth grade! And you’re ‘from Florida.’” He said adding air quotes. “Tell her mom!”

Julia looked uncomfortable with the subject. “Well, yes there were a lot of abductions done by hunters when you were kids. It’s why our pack moved here. After the Alpha’s youngest got taken, he moved us away. They had killed her, he felt her die through the bond. He couldn’t take the risk will anyone else’s pups. This is very serious, Baekhyun. You can’t just assume-”

“Vic’s got a wolf,” he cut her off. “She can hear her. Vic tell her about the voice.”

Victoria was wringing her hands again. “I don’t have a wolf, Baekhyun,” she said softly. “I have just been hearing a voice lately, is all. It’s just my voice in my head.”

This caught Julia’s attention. “What does the voice say?”

“Not much,” Vic shrugged. “Mostly just agreeing with me when Baekhyun’s being an . I hear it calling me in my dreams sometimes. Oh! It told me it was a boys voice I heard from that white wolf with you in the woods.”

“White wolf?” Julia asked.

Baekhyun nodded his grin growing. “She means Kris. The day she got attacked after school. She heard Kris mindlinking with the rogue alpha. Vic can hear Kris’s mindlink! Only the family, pact, or alohas can do it! How old was the alpha’s daughter when she died?”

“Oh she was young,” Julia said, shaking her head. “She was only five or six.”

He frowned and looked back to me. “You can’t remember anything until you moved here, right?” Victoria nodded, and he seemed to think about it again. He snapped. “Didn’t alpha find something of hers in the woods?”

Julia nodded. “Yeah, a stuffed animal he had given her.”

The grin returned as Baekhyun nodded. “Uh huh, and what did you lose before you got here?”

Victoria shook her head at him and pushed him away. “That doesn’t mean anything! You’re digging for pieces were there aren’t any just so you don’t have to face the fact that I’m human! That’s enough! Just.. take me home, please. I want to go home.”

“What? No, V, we’re so clo-”

“No, we aren’t, Baekhyun,” she snapped. “Sorry I’m such a disappointment as a mate, but I can’t just become some dead girl to make you feel better. If you won’t take me home, I’ll get someone else to.” Pulling out her phone, Victoria walked away from him. She could still hear him arguing with Julia and Chanyeol as she called Reese.