My Fortress of Solitude~

*~EXOTIC ONE SHOT COLLECTIONS~*

This is for my wonderful friend... and Tao finatic... MARIMAR~

Love you girl~

ENJOY~!

 





Thunder cracks across the sky, lightning lighting its path. Whimpering, you groan internally. Why must it storm TONIGHT?!

...Tao hates the rain... 

He won't come to see you in the rain. Puffing up your cheeks, you huff a sigh. Whelp... why not have some fun? Giggling to yourself, you stumble to your feet, searching diligently.

THEY WERE JUST HERE! 

Laughing in triumph, you dump blanket after blanket to the floor, looking around curiously. What do you need now?

CHAIRS...

Beaming, you slide the dining room chairs into the living room. Nibbling your lip, you try to be as silent as possible... after all, you live on the second floor in an apartment building... there are going to be people who will be complaining. 

Thinking about it for a moment, you just shrug. 

Eh, let them complain. they just are upset they aren't doing anything with their time except listening to the storm roll by. Grinning mischievously, you move all of the furniture in your living room to accommodate for your ideas. The couch is a bit more askew, the TV and its stand pulled away from the wall, your side tables on opposite ends of the room from where they started to serve as weights and stands. After all, they have lamps!

Beaming, you start layering on the blankets, stretching the bed sheets over top, creating a nice tent like room. After weighing down the ends, you layer on the blankets.

Who says you have to be cold in your fortress?! 

And finally, you lay one blanket over the entrance to block the outside worlds view from your man made piece of paradise. Grinning, you start setting up more, pushing up a stick here, rearranging a blanket there, until it is perfect and steady. It reminds you of going to the circus when you were younger, only a smaller version. 

"Perfect~!" You hum, laying out some blankets, standing slowly. Your head only needs to be bowed just a little bit in order to stand tall. Woooo~ wow, why haven't you done this in years again?

Oh yeah... You "grew up"... 

Sitting down in silence, you look around, tapping your chin in thought. What should you do now?

Movie? 

Video game?

Drama?

Giggling, you start to search through your movies and games, looking for something that speaks to you. Whining softly, you fall back on the blankets, clacking your teeth together in impatience. 

Nothing. 

Suddenly, there is a sound. Pausing, you listen closely. The sound comes again, the distant soft squeak of your door creaking open. 

"Bao Bei?" A soft voice calls out. "What are yo-" He pauses... what's wrong?

Nothing really... its just what he sees... was a gigantic tent in the living room. Shuffling in, he slides his shoes off, a bag crinkling a bit loudly. 

"Mari~" He sings in that perfect voice of his, slowly approaching the tent, a smile tugging at his lips. You were obviously bored. No wonder the neighbors were asking him if you were moving furniture. It makes sense now! As he approaches, he begins to kneel down, humming out to his girlfriend, amused. 

Beaming, your head pops out of the tent, your hair all messed up from passing by the blanket. He places a hand over his mouth to keep from laughing. Giggling, you take his hand, practically yanking him into the tent with him. Once he is inside, you tackle him in a hug, laughing like a child. He laughs with you, amused by your sudden playfulness. You're usually the one to tell him to calm down. 

"OPPA YOU CAME!" You squeal, hugging him. He laughs hugging back.

"Of course I did... I'm sorry I'm late... I stopped by the store.." He grins a bit, holding up a white plastic bag. 

Eagerly, you reach for it, curious about what he got.

He pulls it away, winking playfully. 

"What do I get?" He asks half serious. You pout, crossing your arms.

"I don't even know what it is!" You poke his chest accusingly. 

"Ice cream." He states, smirking. "Your favorite..." Your eyes go wide, cupping his cheeks kissing him. He is surprised at your sudden action, but relaxes, kissing back amused. 

"I should get you ice cream more often" He teases, lifting the half gallon bucket from the bag, along with two spoons. You flush, shoving his shoulder. He laughs. "Oh, Mari.. I am only kidding." He winks. "Mostly." You ignore him, making childish grabby hands at the bucket in his hands, pushing out your bottom lip in a pout, letting out a soft whine of wanting. 

He watches you for a moment. Usually it is him pulling out the aegyo.

"Okay, okay... here." He chuckles, setting the item in your awaiting hands. Immediately, you tear into it, taking a bite.

YUM...

"Am I forgiven?" Without looking at him, you nod. 

"For now." You mutter, taking another bite. 

"That isn't all I got..." He holds a small case in front of his face, smirking a bit. You pull your attention away from the ice cream long enough to look at what he has in his hands. 

A movie. 

Beaming, you reach for it. He 'tsks' you gently, wiping your hands away dismisivly. 

"But since... someone... doesn't want to share the ice cream... I guess I will have to watch THE CONJURING by myself." He states innocently, moving away from you, moving to go put it away. Squealing, you set the ice cream aside, jumping on him.

"NOOOOOOO! I'LL SHARE!" You whine hugging him tightly. He laughs at how childish you are. 

"Lets... watch it together, and eat the ice cream together, neh?" He asks, feigning innocence. Begrudgingly, you nod. 

He puts the movie in, grabbing his spoon again, before settling into the blankets with you, cuddling you into his side as you share bites, occasionally feeding each other to appease the other. Grinning, you snuggle closer as the previews come on, ready to cling to your panda warrior when you get scared. He smiles, nuzzling his face in your neck waiting for it to start.

As the movie progresses, you cling to his arm, squeezing his hand so hard it turns white, having to hide your face in his chest often. He just chuckles, muttering something sarcastic along the lines of "I didn't need that hand anyway." Making you hit his chest. 

He 'oomphs' like it really hurt, play sniffling. 

"Fine, you don't need to hold me. Your fearless, right?" He states as something jumps out, making you jump right back into his arms. He chuckles.

"Thought so..." You pout up at him.

"Evil." you mutter, he grins, winking.

"No, Bao Bei, they are." He motions to the screen before making a silencing motion so they can enjoy the rest of the horrible impersonations, over dramatics and the frequent screams. 

In the end, you are cuddled into his side, yawning gently. 

Smiling softly, Tao kisses the top of your head softly. 

"Sleep." He instructs. Nodding, you lay your head on his chest, sighing softly.

"Tao?" You hum. He looks down at you expectantly. Even you don't continue, he sighs. 

"Yes, Bao Bei?" He whispers gently. You smile sleepily.

 

"Thank you for coming." You mutter, drifting off. 

 

Pausing, he smiles gently. "Of course, My mari... anything for you/" he whispers, pressing his lips to your forehead.

 





okay mari... i know this isnt the best, and is probably riddled with cheeiness and errors, i only did this with a once over... okay? but i hope you enjoy it!

Tao is yours for as long as i am concerned! ^^

 

EDITED BY CHANEE (GeekReader)

(oh and the edit is for you~ i hope you like it too!)