Chapter 15: Jiyong

The Haunted House

"More?" I ask, my lower lip. Sandara blushes in a deep shade of red but answers raspy and inaudibly, "More."

I place it inside , making her gag and Sandara starts choking. I bite my lower lip as I try to fight in the urge to get her out of her state, but she wants it that badly.

I throw my head back as I hold it in and Sandara begins, "Chubby Bunny."

I laugh hysterically when she throws all the marshmallows in the plastic bag Seungri gave her before the start of the game and begins to complain, "That was the 18th GD! I can't do a 19!"

"Then that would mean I win." Daesung says provocatively and Seungri starts to complain that he hasn't done the challenge yet.

Top rolls his eyes as he picks up all the plastic bags full of saliva-filled marshmallows and says, "You did it twice already. No one can beat Daesung's big mouth. Can you do a twenty eight?"

Seungri pouts and answers, "No Hyung but I--!"

Taeyang stops him from talking by popping in a marshmallow inside his mouth. Seungri begins to chew with a murderous glare, his arms crossed as if to express his dislike.

"Oh yeah, GD." Taeyang starts, rubbing his nape. "I placed all the documents from the other houses on the table in your desk. You should sort it out now."

"Okay." I answer, smiling and stand up from my seat. Seungri's chew begins to slow down and he grins up to me as if he's half-Chimpanzee. Well, he already is.  

I am about to go out of the living room when Taeyang suggests, "It'd take a while so why bring Sandara along."

Sandara stands up from her seat reluctantly as Taeyang forcefully pulls her up and brings her arm to me. I take her hand, clasping it around mine and say, "Thank you?"

"You guys can even make babies while you're at it." Top suggests, wriggling his eyebrows. “As the video before said, monstrosity is dominant more than human alleles.”

Sandara laughs heartily and declines, "No thank you."

We both exit the room, hands clutched together and after closing the door, I begin to say, "They're acting weird."

Dara tilts her head to the side and I know that she's not suspecting the others. "Why?" She asks, scrunching her eyebrows and pouting lightly.

I subconsciously laugh at her reaction and answer, "Because they are forcing us to get out."

She shrugs and plaintively answers back, "I don't think so."

We both climb the stairs, a step at a time, taking our time together. I tighten my hold on her hand. Why I am feeling nervous?

"I hope the envelopes contain good news." Dara blissfully wishes, smiling sweetly to herself and I agree with her mentally. The past months without sangjanim is a time of uncertainty. The whole company is lost without him, and no one can do a job without him. We're all jobless and penniless since his disappearance. This is not his style. He loves his company more than himself and for him to disappear without notice is not sangjanim.

I heave a sigh and open the door to my study. Reaching for the switch, I turn the light on. Dim light filters the room and I almost laugh.

It's not me so I'm sure the members were the ones who set up a mini dinner date on my table. There's a dinner candle at the middle, a soft mellow music playing in the background and two plates filled with food, which I assume were the only food we have left: sardines and brown rice. Dara and I laugh in unison, hearts content with the little preparation.

I enter the room, closely followed by Dara and turn my head at her as she close the door with her foot. "Shall we? Milady?"

She courtly bows and replies, "With pleasure."


I know better than anyone that nothing is permanent. I lost my father without me ever meeting him, and I never knew why he died in the 5 years I've investigated. My mother left me alone and remarried with a mundane. My sister doesn't even know I exist. But this feeling, I want this to be permanent. The warmth of Sandara's hand against my cold ones, and her small head resting on top of my shoulder as we snuggle against each other in this cold weather. After eating the small dinner the others prepared for us, we decided to watch the sunset from my window.

Winter nears as October ends. Tomorrow, we'll have another VIP again. Someone, if not guilty of his crimes, will be with us together with Sandara. I wonder, what it will be after tomorrow? My anxiety worsens up my tolerance with the cold, and I shiver subconsciously.

Dara, probably sensing that I’m cold, moves her body closer to mine. She squeezes my hands and sighs. “In truth, I’m nervous.” She says, her voice barely audible. It hasn’t happened before: two VIPs living in one haunted house. And all of us are nervous about the outcome.

She continues, “Would I be kicked out? Banished?....” Her voice trails off. “Killed?”

The word hangs in the air for a moment before I decided to speak up, “Let’s not ruin the mood the others created by thinking of bad things.”

“I love you.” She suddenly blurts out of the blue, and Dara looks up to me. Her eyes are sparkling and I have to hold myself before I kiss her.

But I don’t have to hold myself back because she suddenly gives me a peck on the lips. My eyebrows scrunch in between and I give her a questionable look. She laughs and gushes, “You’re cute.”

I frown. “Stop with that compliment.”

She shrugs and stares at me, now turning serious. “Why do I feel nervous?”  Dara presses her lips and continues, “How can I say this? Woman intuition, I guess. I feel like something’s going to happen.”

I reach for her head and give her a reassuring rub. Dara doesn’t look a least bit assured but her not asking is enough. “It’s just in your head.” I say, giving her a smile.

I groan and stand up quickly. I don’t know why but I’m starting to get colder and colder as a minute passes. By estimation, I can say that my hand is as cold as ice, or even colder. My eyeballs feel like they want to get out of my sockets and I can feel my lisp slowly chapping.

Dara stands up, worried and asks, “What’s wrong?”

“I’m really cold.” I answer, my voice shivering. She quickly grabs for the nearest blanket and wraps me with it and in her arms. She blows against my face, desperately warming me up. “You’re going to be okay.” She whispers, though it wasn’t reassuring enough. I’m really cold, colder than I’ve been during Christmas. If this goes on, I can have frostbites. Is this a sign I’m going to have a fever?

My teeth begins to chatter uncontrollably and Dara’s blows against my face becomes more desperate.

And when I think that I will become a huge block of ice, my lips and ears begin to warm.

“Oh no, oh no!” Dara gushes and forces me to face her. What’s wrong with her? I am already feeling warm.

“Take it off!” She shouts at me, pleading and I take notice that her eyes begin to cloud with tears. “Take you piercings off!”

“What’s wrong with you?” I ask, calmer than her. “It’s warming me up.”

“Please, take it off!” She shouts again, now crying. “Or I’ll forcefully take it off from your ears!”

“Calm down!” I tell her, keeping her away from me. No she won’t, in the slightest bit, would take away my piercings from me. These are my most prized possessions. This is the symbol of what I’ve achieved. “You don’t know what’s happening!”

You don’t know what’s happening!” She replies and she starts trying to take my piercings off.

“Dara, don’t.” I say, keeping her in arm’s length. “Dara, don’t!”

Black dots begin to flood my vision as I fight Dara from getting my piercings off.

“Dara—“


I’m looking at her, getting farther away
She becomes a small dot and then disappears
Will this go away after time passes?
I remember the old times
I remember you

 



Follow me on twitter: @ikalsada , I'm going to post teasers there. :)

Annd on instagram: @tttop.shop (It's a Kpop shop. Help me please :)

Visit my website . Other stories that are not posted here will be posted there tomorrow. :)