Chapter 14: Jiyong

The Haunted House

“What is it, GD?" Teddy Hyung says as he grins ear to ear at me. Even if he's a friend of my father and of mine as well, I don't know why I am having deep swirling emotions inside my stomach. The fact that I am talking to him right now before his last session with Dara means I am feeling something I don't know—something foreign and sardonic.

"Are you jealous?" He asks, piqued with interest when I didn't answer and I disagree almost immediately, shaking my head. Of course, I am not. Jealousy is a childish emotion only mere humans ever have.

"What are you teaching her, now? Better it be not something ridiculous." I say, crossing my arms. "For once, stop with your ia because it's ruining the image of our agency."

He laughs heartily for a moment and then stops to say, "You don't tell that to me when I train other girls, GD. Why say it now? And you clearly know it's not ia."

"Because you end up dating the girls you train." I say, trying to sound as stoic as I am usually while hiding my temper inside. "And it's no good to fall in love with Sandara."

"Why?" He asks, mockingly. "Because you love her?"

I glare at him with crossed arms and was about to rebut when a gleeful voice rings around the kitchen, “Oppa~”

Teddy grins at me, as if a rash conversation didn’t happen. “Then we’ll make our way then, GD.”

I don’t like how he pronounces my name now. It’s as if he’s treating me as a child.

Dara throws a curious glance at both of us. “What did you both talk about?”

“Nothing.” I breath out, exasperated.

Teddy reaches out to dishevel my hair and mutters, “Yeah, just nothing.”


“I am not jealous.” I insist, crossing my arms over my chest, and Seungri laughs as if it was the biggest joke he ever heard. Top flips the newspaper he’s reading and says, “It has been three months since she’s been going with Teddy Hyung and every time she goes out, your eyes won’t stop looking at her until she disappears.”

“I’m just worried that her heart will be heartbroken in the end. After all, it’s Teddy Hyung we’re talking about.” I explain, putting my attention to the Tigris Hologrium or Tiger Clock on the wall. My eyes follow the movement of the tongue-pendulum, trying to distract myself from the rage I am feeling inside.

It has been three months since Dara met Teddy and they have been meeting every day up until now. I haven’t asked her what do they do, and besides, I can tell she’s hiding it from me. The way she would ask for permission to go out with Teddy is unusual.

And I continuously try to pipe down my jealousy and anger. The more days they go out, the more I realize that I really do love her. If she’s going to love a monster in the end, why not me? Have she forgotten all she said about loving me? Or maybe, Kwon Jiyong.

It has been over five hours since Dara left to go out with Teddy. We don’t have anything to do since jobs for us was suspended until investigations end. Aside from that, only after another three months that another VIP will enter the house. While the company is suspended, we are nothing but broke and jobless.

Since Dara left, we sat on the chairs surrounding the kitchen table, counting out time. Top is the only exception, since he has been busying himself with newspapers and tabloids so he’d be updated with the whereabouts of our CEO and of the status of the company. We’ve contacted the other members of the company and like us, they are still praying for YG’s safety.

We all turn our heads when the doorknob starts to twist. After a few struggles in opening the door, Dara emerges from the other side, grinning at us.

I don’t why, but I suddenly stand up from my seat. “I have to do something.” I excuse and walk out of the room, passing by Dara.

I can hear the voice snicker all around the house as soon as I get out of the living room, and out of pure irritation, I shout, “Shut the up.”

It died down but I think he’s still laughing at me. Jealousy? I wouldn’t think twice to feel that immoral and mundane feeling. I am a monster—I get what I want.

My hand reaches for the door to my study, a place where I can set my mind at peace and think about my actions. I was about to enter when I hear a feeble, sweet voice call out my name, “GD?”

I sigh, feigning irritation. “What now? Can’t you see I’m busy?”

I turn my head slightly to catch her pressing her lips and fidgeting. “I see.” She bites her lower lip, and my breath hitches. “It’s just that I want to apologize. For the past three months, I feel like you’re angry at me.”

I turn back at the door and answer, “No, I am not. You’re assuming again.”

“I’ve been here for 9 months!” She says, exasperated. “I know you more than you do!”

“Then what’d you do if I tell you why I’m angry?” I shout back, my grip on the knob strong enough to crush it into a million pieces. She steps back with caution and says, “Of course, I’ll hear it out. We can’t live together like this!”

I turn back at her. “What are you—“

“I love you, okay?” She says, breathless. “Can’t you feel at least something? Can’t you see that every day I pray that instead of Kwon Jiyong, I am destined to marry Kwon GD!”

I frown. “I don’t need your sentiments.”

“This is not pity!” She shouts, taking a brave step towards me. “I really love you!”

“You don’t know what you are going into—“

“What? I don’t know that I’d be separated from you if I bear you a child? I don’t know that I am going to be left alone in the end?” She sighs, tears now strolling down from her eyes. “I know better! I took classes from Teddy Oppa to learn self-defence. I learned from him everything I need to know! Why?” She sighs. “It’s because I am really in love you.”

I sigh. “Take it all back.”

She sighs, heavier this time. “Why?!”

I walk closer to her and look down. Her brown eyes seem to penetrate again inside me, reading my thoughts. But has she ever learned that she’s my thoughts? We’re just even. I don’t know of her love. She doesn’t know mine.

“A girl shouldn’t be confessing to a guy.” I whisper. Our distance now turns into an inch, our chests touching.

She groans, making a disgruntled sound and says, “Look who’s giving sentiments.”

“Hey, look at me.” I order, my eyebrows meeting in between.

She refuses, crossing her arms. “No.”

I place both of my hands on both of her cheeks and before she can react, swiftly move her face towards mine to kiss her on the lips. I feel her groan through her lips but I didn’t stop to allow her give a reaction. One of my hand swiftly moves towards her nape and using my index and thumb, pinch it slightly. She gasps and I turn the opportunity to benefit me, letting my tongue invade .

Her inexperience with kisses amuses me so much that I laugh inwardly. She awkwardly returns my tongue’s equally with her own, trying to par with mine.

Before I lose my control, I part with her lips and press my forehead against hers. “I hope that’s enough to make you forget that you confessed.”

“What—“ She tries to say but I quickly cut her off.

“I love you.” I say, caressing her cheeks. “You don’t know how much I do.”

Then before she can reply, I kiss her on the lips again, now not intending to stop.


Shameless plug

Website: https://ikalsada.wordpress.com/

Kpop Shop (Instagram): https://instagram.com/tttop.shop.ph/

ask.fm: http://ask.fm/Ikalsada

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ikalsada