CHAPTER 17 - LEAH's POV

CHROMED HEARTS - on hiatus
Please log in to read the full chapter

Leah's Pov

"No not there~! Please move that sofa to the other side of the wall." I exclaimed as I watched staff members set up for the photoshoot with Jiyong and Taeyang.

It is currently 5 o'clock in the morning and I've been on site since 4am. So you can imagine how I'm scrambling to get everything together before the YG crew hits the floor. We've been planning this shoot for some time now. Between YG's staff and I, we've been going back and forth on the details for roughly 2 weeks now. Although I was in constant contact with many of YG's people, the one person I stayed out of contact with was Jiyong. A part of me felt horrible for ditching him but at the same time I can foresee big consequences if I continued my relationship with him. Whether it be friends or maybe more ... To this day I have yet to fully acknowledge the situation between us. Which I know is very cowardly of me .. But my work is too important to me that I can't risk the chance of it being jeopardized over someone who may or may not be serious about having a relationship. CL's words rang loud and clear in my head: "I've never seen him with someone longer than 3 months ..."

"Leah. Everything's set." Kim tapped me on the shoulder to get my clouded attention.

I turned and smiled at her appreciating all the detail oriented help she provided. If it wasn't for her supporting me and talking to me since the scandal I would probably have pulled my hair out.

"Thank you." I smiled, letting out a sigh of relief. For the first time since I got up this morning I can feel the clench in my stomach slightly residing. My nerves was getting the best of me. Although it wasn't the first time planning a photoshoot on my part. But just having to take on the full production of it was definitely draining. If anything fails I have no one to blame but myself. Now all we have to do is wait for the YG personals to arrive ..

*******************************

“They’re here!” Shouted one of the assistant on site. As she came speed walking in from the entrance, announcing arrival of the YG crew.

I tugged on my Kenzo tshirt to straighten the now slightly distressed outfit from a whole morning of hauling and arranging. I ran my fingers through my hair to straighten out some tangles which have built up since I brushed it when I stumbled out of bed at 4am. I was definitely not at my best presentable self, but work is work, and maybe it’s a good thing I don’t look 100%. I haven’t seen Jiyong for a little more than 2 weeks now, and I don’t intend for him to think I tried to look halfway decent to impress him. Since we last spoke, I realized that maybe I did develop feelings for him. But being the realistic and logical me, I’ve came to an understanding that the two of us are bad news. Just from the little incident of a scandal, which thank god was forgotten within split seconds in media time, I could already foresee major trouble if either of us attempted more.

One by one YG staff and crew filed into the venue. There was hair and makeup, stylist, and assistants. As I watched them enter I could feel my nerves acting back up again. As much as I hate to admit it, a part of me was definitely nervous to see Jiyong. And just like that I noticed Jiyong and Taeyang striding into the room. They were chatting away and shoving each other jokingly like two young boys at play. I smiled to myself at this unison. It's good to see that he was happy. Even if we couldn't be friends I still wished him the best.

I took in a deep breath and moved forward towards them. Kim followed right behind me. I know she was worried about me, the day before the shoot she called me and told me no matter what she'll be here to support me today. I thanked her with appreciation and having her there was definitely helping to calm my uneasiness.

"Welcome!" I smiled at the YG team. "My name is Leah. I'm the production manager and this is Kim my production coordinator. We'll be the point person for today's shoot so please feel free to let us know if there is anything you need."

I looked from face to face as I made my speech. When my eyes landed on Jiyong, I couldn't help but see a sign of sadness. His eyes were focused right on me and I diverted my eyes away before it became awkward. But even after I looked away I could still sense his stare. It's almost like he believed if by looking at me long enough I'd hear what he was saying in his mind.

"Leah. You know he's staring at you right?" Kim stating the obvious.

"Yes. And I intend to keep pretending like I don't notice it .."

"Leah ..."

"Kim. You know how I feel. I've already explained my decision .."

"I know .." Kim sighed while turning back to look at Jiyong. "But he looks like a lost puppy! He looks so helpless! That poor guy .."

"But what do u want me to do?" I asked slightly flustered with the situation.

"Maybe at least talk to the poor guy?" Kim suggested. "He does deserve that to say the least ..."

After a long pause I nodded in defeat. I guess Kim was right. The least I should do is talk to him. He did after all apologized for what happened and I accepted his apology. So for me to stop contacting him all together so suddenly must have came across quite harsh.

For the most morning, every one of us was focused on getting the shoot together. Everyone was very professional and stuck to their tasks. Jiyong and Taeyang was constantly surrounded by people, whether it be wardrobe, hair & makeup or simply assistants trying to get everything right before they stepped onto the set areas. Jiyong was looking extremely handsome, especially after he put on the outfits prepared for the shoot. With hair and makeup, this boy definitely looked flawless.

“Great .. now this makes it just a bit more harder for me when I have to talk to him..” I muttered unde

Please log in to read the full chapter