CHAPTER 12 - GD's POV

CHROMED HEARTS - on hiatus
Please log in to read the full chapter

I woke up to banging noise coming from my front door. What time was it? I turned to look at the clock and saw it was already 1:30pm. I'm pretty sure I didn't have any work lined up for me today. So who could it be knocking at my door with such urgency? I pushed the covers off my body and swung my legs off the bed to get up. As I walked towards the door the knocking continued.

"Coming!" I yelled hoping it can ease the banging before my front door gets knocked down. "Who is it?"

"It's me. Leah." Came the reply from the other side. "I need to talk to you."

Leah? From the tone of her voice she sounded upset. Knowing it was her I quickly got to the door and opened it.

"'Morning!" I smiled at her.

To my surprise she did not respond with the smile that I was accustomed to. She simply stared at me with piercing eyes.

"You... Ok?" I asked not sure what was going on.

"Not quite." She replied bluntly, "have you had the chance to go online today?"

"No..."

"Maybe you should. See for yourself."

With that Leah shoved her iphone into my hand. I looked down and saw the screen was displaying a Korean gossip news website. As I took more notice of the content I realized I was looking at a picture of myself and Leah from last night. It didn't take me long to figure out when and where the picture was taken. It also didn't take me long to fully understand where Leah's anger was stemming from. I immediately looked up at her with apologetic eyes. I honestly didn't know there was paparazzi hiding in our garage! I feel so embarrassed that not only she found out I kissed her while she was asleep, but that her picture is now on the internet.

"I'm so sorry Leah ..."

"What are you sorry for?" Leah asked abruptly.

I looked at Leah confused. What did she mean what I was sorry for? Obviously she was now aware of what happened last night. So why was she asking me what I'm apologizing to her for?

"Um ... For kissing you..?" I replied uncertain if my answer was the right one.

"Seriously?" She looked back at me in disbelief. "Jiyong. Do you really not understand why I'm upset?"

"You're ... upset because I kissed you and it got caught by the paparazzi?.." I explained to what I thought was the logical answer.

Leah sighed and rolled her eyes at my answer. Without hesitation she took the phone from my hand before correcting my answer: "No Jiyong. I'm not mad because you kissed me! I'm 28. I've been kissed before. The kiss is not the issue here. The issue is you lied. I remember specifically asking you after I woke up if anything happened." Then pointing at me with her right hand index finger, she continued, "You! You told me nothing happened. You lied to my face. For what? If you had the nerve to steal a kiss from me. Why don't you have the guts to own up to it?!"

As I take back what Leah was saying I couldn't help but find it amusing. Here I thought she would be mad at me for kissing her - cause most girls probably would be mad about that under the circumstances of how it happened. Instead she's not mad about the kiss but rather the fact that I kept the truth from her. This strong sense of moral was intriguing. Without realizing a smile formed over my face as I looked at this girl in front of me. She was different.  

“What are you smiling about?” Leah blurted. Now she was the one confused looking at me. Not sure to why I had a dorky grin on my face.

I paused for second before reaching for her hand and held it in mine without breaking our eye contact. As I wanted her to know that my apology was sincere and that my smile was genuine.

Please log in to read the full chapter