The Strict Driver

Stubborn Hearts

 

I’m Sandara Park, I shouldn’t be intimidated by a pest! But why am I just staring at my door, all dressed up for school? I don’t know how long I’ve been staring at my door already but I just can’t get myself to open it. Gah! I don’t think I can go out and face the pest. I can’t, I just can’t.
 
But wait! It’s not like I did it on purpose right? It was an accident! I tripped for Pete’s sake! And it was dark, if only I’d seen where I was landing; I could have maneuvered my body, if that’s even possible. I proudly held myself up and bravely marched out of my room. I can’t help but give myself an applause for finally facing this up. I was grinning as I headed for the main doors. But my feet suddenly stopped as I saw the pest, in his polo and tight jeans attire again, but this time he was wearing sunglasses.
 
I suddenly felt the urge to retreat as he smirked. Ghad, I felt my knees trembled. Aigoo! But why should I retreat? I didn’t do anything wrong, right? So, I walked towards the car and waited for him to open the door for me. He did so quietly and went to the driver’s side. “Seatbelt on,” he said. I just rolled my eyes at him. “I won’t drive you to anywhere if you won’t put your seatbelt on.”
 
“Fine!” I rambled and angrily put my seatbelt on. He then started the car.
 
I scowled after ten full minutes of silence with him silently smirking.
 
“Why the hell did you come back?” I started.
 
He didn’t answer.
 
“Huh! I guess your girlfriend dumped you, huh? Good thing for her to finally wake up.”
 
He remained silent.
 
“Or maybe it’s because you needed money, eh?”
 
Silence. Ugh! He’s getting on my nerves already.
 
“Why don’t you just resign? Aren’t you embarrassed to face your old friends and schoolmates? You, the top student of the school ended up a driver. If I were you, I would never show my face to them again.”
 
He didn’t say anything. I suddenly threw my purse to him.
 
“Ya! I’m talking to you!”
 
“If I remember it right, the last time we had a talk, you said you’d rather go deaf than hear my voice. You even said you’d rather cut your tongue off than talk to me. I remembered how you emphasized that you don’t want to talk to me. And now, you’re talking to me. What is it that you really want?”
 
My phone suddenly rang. “Hey,” I answered, smiling.
 
“Hey, there beautiful,” Woo oppa said. “I received a call from Uncle last night. I heard Jiyong is now your personal driver.”
 
“Sadly, yes,” I sighed. “Can you talk Dad about it? I think he’s just worried that I’d end up in a car accident like Mr. Shim.”
 
“I tried reasoning with Uncle already but he’s firm with it,” he said.
 
“Oh, too bad. I missed you already.”
 
“I feel the same,” he answered. “But I guess it’s all for the better. Besides, it’s not as if we’re not allowed to see each other anymore, right?”
 
“You’re right,” I chuckled.
 
“See you later, okay? Bye.”
 
“Bye,” I said back.
 
“And oh, Dara?”
 
“Yes?”
 
“I love you,” he said.
 
I smiled. It’s so rare for him to say that. “I love-”
 
The car suddenly stopped, sending me off my seat and back again.
 
“YA!”
 
“We’re here,” the pest said.
 
“Hello? Dara? What happened? Are you okay?” I heard oppa’s voice on the line.
 
“I’m fine,” I said. “Talk to you later,” I said and ended the call. “What the hell was that? Can’t you park without throwing me off my seat?”
 
He didn’t answer. Grr. I am so hating him right now. But wait, what the hell am I talking about? I hate him and always will.
 
“Aren’t you going to open the door?” I snapped. I heard him sigh as he got out of the car. I can’t help but smirk as he did open the door. I stepped out of the car. The moment I straightened up, a scent so intoxicating filled my nose. I looked at him unconsciously.
 
I was brought back to my senses when I heard girls’ voices.
 
“Aigoo! Is that Jiyong oppa?”
 
“It’s him!”
 
And then, followed by screams. I glared at the girls but I was ignored as they ran passed by me and went to horde over the pest.
 
I walked out, fuming. Stupid girls! Grr!
 
 
Later. . .
 
“I’ve got a date with Wooyoung oppa. I’ll be riding with him. You can just follow-”
 
“No,” the pest interfered. “I’ll drive you there myself.”
 
“You’re joking, right?”
 
“No,” he answered.
 
I fumed. “Try to stop me then,” I said and turned to head towards oppa. I smiled at him and gave him a quick hug as soon as I reached him.
 
“Let’s go?” I asked.
 
“Okay,” he said, but I suddenly felt a tight grip in my arm.
 
“Don’t be stubborn.”
 
I turned to face the pest. “Let go of me!” I gritted but he stubbornly held onto my arm.
 
“Jiyong, let her go,” Woo oppa said.
 
The pest looked at oppa then smirked. “I’m sorry, Woo. I’m just doing my job.”
 
“Come on, man. You surely understand what a date means, right?” oppa sniggered.
 
“I do and I take it you understand when I say I’m just doing my job, right?”
 
Oppa straightened up and faced Jiyong, irritated. “What’s your problem? I’m just-”
 
“I don’t have a problem, Sir. Like I said, I’m just doing my job,” the pest said and turned to me. “If I have to carry you or drag you back to the car, I will.”
 
“Wait, let us be clear here,” Woo oppa inserted. “Jiyong, you don’t have to speak to Dara in that kind of tone. She’s a girl and your boss’ daughter. Show her some respect.”
 
“Respect, like trust is not that easy to give,” the pest answered.
 
I felt oppa stiffened. “For the last time, Jiyong, let her go,” oppa gritted.
 
“What if I won’t let her go? What would you do?”
 
“Who do you think you are?” oppa burst out. I gasped. I’ve never seen oppa this angry before. Actually, I never thought he knew how to get angry. And my, he’s scary.
 
“Oppa,” I stopped him. “Don’t waste your time on him. I’ll just go with him. I don’t want Dad to think that you’re not following him.”
 
Oppa looked at me, his features relaxing as it turned to a gentler look. “Are you sure?” he asked.
 
“Neh,” I nodded. Oppa hesitated for a while but then, he nodded silently and get into his car. The pest then started pulling me. I pulled my arm as soon as we reached the car and stopped him. “What the hell’s your problem?” I snapped.
 
“Get in,” he just said.
 
~o~
 
WEEKEND. . .
 
I was standing beside Woo oppa as we were currently witnessing the burial of Mr. Shim. All of Dad’s friends and the elites were also present. And that includes Hyuna and the girls and to my dismay, Jessica. My lips twitched as I saw her approached the pest. Jeez. It’s a burial, for Pete’s sake but she obviously don’t care about it as she started flirting with the pest.
 
“Park, I’ve got something to tell you.”
 
I looked sideways and saw Mr. Nah facing my father. There was an urgent look in Mr. Nah’s face. Dad turned sideways. “Nah, can’t it wait for-?”
 
“No, it can’t!” Mr. Nah hissed. “They already know it wasn’t destroyed. You should hide right-”
 
Whatever Mr. Nah was about to say, it got cut off. His eyes widen and he stumbled forward. I saw Mr. Kwon quickly pulled my Dad away, making Mr. Nah’s body fall on the ground, facedown. I screamed as I saw blood, then, I started hearing screams from the others. Everything went wild next. Everyone was running here and there. I wanted to run, too but it’s like my feet were frozen. I felt a hand on my arm and started pulling me away from the scene, away from Dad and Wooyoung oppa. I looked behind and Dad wasn’t there anymore.
 
“The old man escaped! Don’t let the little one getaway!” I heard a loud voice out of all the chaos that’s happening.
 
“Dara!” I heard Wooyoung oppa’s worried voice calling for me. “Dara, where are you?”
 
“Oppa! Dad!” I called as I was still being pulled to I don’t know where and by I don’t know who. I tried to pull my arm off as I saw Woo oppa, looking here and there, wearing a very anxious face. “Oppa!” I called loudly, his head whipped to my direction and his face brightened up as we made eye contact. I saw him ran towards me but the next thing I knew, I was pushed inside a car, then we went speeding off. I screamed as I saw a guy with a gun running after the car I’m in and pointed at me.
 
“!” I looked up and saw the pest, looking very mad. The intensity in his face was sending chills down my spine. “Damn them for using silencer.”
 
I was about to ask the pest what’s going on when the car gave a huge swivel, banging my head on the door. “Aww!” I moaned.
 
“Put your seatbelt on and stay down,” the pest tersely said. I don’t know why, but I followed him. As soon as I was done with my seatbelt and kept myself down, I held onto my seat tightly as the car was running too fast for me. “What’s going on?” I asked.
 
“I’m not in the mood for a chat right now!” the pest gritted as the car gave a big bump. The pest cussed loudly again. I heard a tinkling sound of metal as the car turned suddenly to the right, that I felt the left side totally left the ground. I tried to look outside and saw we were running along a narrow alley. And through the side mirror, I saw a shadow of two cars following us.
 
“Wild cat! I told you to stay down!” the pest angrily said and pushed my head down.