All Dark And Black

Stubborn Hearts

 

For the past two days, I noticed Dad was always on the phone. Also, there were times that he can’t keep still in one location. He looked pale and haggard. I thought that maybe he got so affected with Mr. Shim’s death, so I just let him be.
 
Oppa told me that Mr. Shim’s burial will be this weekend. So, I made sure I’m commitment free this weekend. I want to go with Dad. I’ve never seen him this down before, and it kind of scares me. “I’m really worried about Dad,” I said.
 
“He’s in the mourning phase. It’s understandable,” oppa answered as we were currently lounging in one of the school’s benches.
 
“I guess he is,” I mumbled.
 
“Hey, don’t worry too much. He’ll get over it,” he said. I smiled at him, and then looked at our intertwined hands.
 
Good thing he’s beside me to comfort me. Out of nowhere, I heard familiar giggles. I looked to the left and saw Hyuna with the girls. They were smugly smiling at me as they walked pass by us. I felt myself fumed. How can they smile like that at me? I wanted to go attack them but I didn’t. A stupid side of me kind of misses them.
 
“Don’t mind them,” oppa’s comforting voice whispered. He probably felt my discomfort. I sighed when the girls were far away already.
 
“They’re the only people I really considered friends,” I said. Oppa squeezed my hand lightly. I smiled at him. “But who needs them when I have you, right? And besides, it’s not like I can’t make new friends. Ha! Everyone wants to be my friend.”
 
I kind of expected him to snort or snigger, just like what the pest usually do, but oppa just shook his head.
 
“I’m just joking,” I pouted.
 
~o~
 
I frowned when I saw the pest’s bedroom door slightly open. I heard some scratches inside. Could it be? “Ya! Pest!” I burst into his room. “What are you-?” I stopped as I saw two maids in the room. “What are you two doing here?”
 
“General cleaning, Miss Dara,” one of them squealed. I nodded and quickly went out of the room.
 
Heck! What the hell was that? Was I expecting to see the pest inside? Well, of course not! Why would I? He already said he’s not coming back anymore, which by the way, is very good to me. I shook my head. Aish! I don’t really want to waste time thinking and remembering that pest. On the first place, I don’t want to think or remember him at all! Na-da! I already love my PEACEFUL LIFE.
 
Oh! I guess that’s it! I’m still adjusting to a quiet life. I know it’s been six months since that stupid pest left, but give me some slack. My life’s been one heck of a riot for years because of him. Six months is pretty much short for adjustment. Yes, that’s right. It’s taking me time to adjust to this peaceful life I have right now.
 
That pest! Pfft. If he thinks he’s so lucky to be back in his girlfriend’s arms, well, he thought wrong! I’m luckier than him! No one could best out Woo oppa!
 
Speaking of the angel, I smirked as I saw his name on the screen of my phone. “I’m on my way to pick you up,” he said.
 
“Be waiting for you,” I answered.
 
“Ah, I miss you already,” he chuckled.
 
“Ya! We were just together yesterday,” I answered, blushing.
 
“Feels like centuries already,” he spoke in a baby voice. Aigoo! Isn’t he the cutest?
 
After seven minutes or so, Woo oppa arrived. I quickly ran into his arms. “Let’s go?” he asked as soon as I pulled back from him.
 
“Okay,” I answered.
 
We went into a restaurant first and shared a meal. After having a meal, he invited me to watch a movie in their home theater. Of course I said yes, why shouldn’t I?
 
Upon arriving at oppa’s place, he immediately asked for a homemade popcorn from a maid and told her to bring it up to the theater room. He let me choose a movie and I chose a romantic one. What did you expect?
 
As soon as the popcorn was brought up, he proceeded in playing the movie. He then chose to sit on the floor. He patted the space in front of him, silently telling me to sit there. I obeyed. As soon as I was seated in front of him, he wrapped his arms around my waist as I leaned my back on his firm chest. Oh la la. I felt him rest his chin on my left shoulder.
 
I reached for the bowl of popcorn as soon as the movie started rolling. I would sometimes put popcorn into oppa’s mouth but most of the time; he’s the one doing it for me. As we reached the middle part of the movie, I started to feel a change in him. He started breathing heavily on my neck, tickling me. Then, I felt his teeth on my earlobe and slowly started kissing the side of my neck down to my shoulder. He pulled the strap of my dress down on my arm as his hand went from my arm, down to my waist, to my hipbone and down to the hem of my dress while his other hand took hold of my nape and turned it towards his direction. Our lips met. I tried keeping up with him as he turned from gentle to aggressive. A surge of satisfaction came over me as I heard him made a sound. It made me twist to fully face him. But when I felt his hand crawling under my dress up to my thigh, I pulled back, like I usually do.
 
I saw a look of frustration crossed his face but then it was quickly replaced by a gentle smile. “Sorry, I’m crossing the border again,” he said, leaning his forehead against mine. “I can’t help it. You just smell too good, look too good. . .”
 
I chuckled at that. “You are, too.”
 
I heard him sigh a while later. “Let’s continue watching the movie.”
 
“Good suggestion.”
 
 
Later. . .
 
“Do you want to come in?” I asked.
 
“I’d love to. But Dad needs my help with something,” he said.
 
“Oh,” I mumbled. “Okay.”
 
“I’ll call you later,” he said. I just smiled at him and gave him a kiss on the cheek.
 
“Bye,” I said as I stepped out of the car.
 
“Bye!” he waved at me.
 
I sighed as I watched his fading car. I can’t understand myself. Why am I always pulling back? I mean, I’ve been dreaming about it to happen and I want to do it with him but why can’t I?
 
Ugh! This is frustrating!
 
As soon as the car was out of sight already, I turned to get in. I was about to head for the grand staircase when I heard Dad’s loud laughter from the living room. This made me frown. As far as I know, Mr. Shim’s death had a bad effect on Dad and he’s been acting really depressed lately. I wonder what’s making him laugh like that right now.
 
I changed direction and started heading towards the living room. I saw Dad talking to someone but I don’t know who since the person’s back was facing me. I frowned again. There was something familiar with the person. I silently examined him. He was wearing dark blue jeans, a black polo which was tucked in and folded sleeves. His jet black hair was neatly cut short, I can even see s glimpse of his scalp at the side. I can’t help but think of the word “y” with this person. Everything about him looked y.
 
I slowly walked towards them, it’s like some force was pulling me towards their direction. Then, Dad noticed me. “Oh, Dara, you’re here. Good,” Dad said. That’s when the guy turned to face me. My eyes automatically widen.
 
“You!” I gasped, feeling my chest squeeze as his thin lips broke into a lazy, y smirk. I started getting dizzy. Slowly, I felt myself falling. I felt strong arms around me before I even hit the floor. Then, everything went black.