Field Trip I

Yes, I do! (Hiatus)

Monday morning. Jihyun woke up with a groggy face. Her eyes become all swollen because of all the crying last night. She didn’t care much though. She just went straight to the bathroom (which connects from the bedroom), and take a quick shower. Tying her hair into ponytail and changed herself into her uniform.

Preparing herself, she carefully turns the knob, walking out the room. Looking to her left and right, it seems like there’s no signs of the living. She feel a bit relieved, actually. But at the same time, she’s curious. Where did her fiance go? Walking to the living room, there she realized her fiance, is still sleeping on the sofa. It looks uncomfortable and all crampy but the male managed to sleep. Jihyun immediately feel guilty, seeing her loved ones sleeping at such place but nevertheless, she still can’t forgive him about what happened last night. Before she went out, she remembered about the untouched food she cooked last night. So she went to the kitchen, but surprised at the empty dishes. She, never thought that the male would eat the cold food. Her heart melted a bit, as she smiled to herself, shaking her head at her childish fiance. But remembering the girl who showed up last night, she went back into her hurtful state, again.

The girl shakes her head, realizing she got works to do and she need to stop thinking about last night’s. Jihyun walks out from the front door, and managed to get out without talking or confronting with Byunghun. Without further distraction, she went straight to the resto.

Meanwhile, the male wakes up. Feeling his whole body aches. He can’t help it, he deserved it after all. He carefully stands up, stretching his whole body. After feeling a bit better, he remembered about Jihyun and ran to the bedroom, only to find the knob can be turned already.

He his breath in, but only to find an empty bedroom. No signs or her, anywhere. In the bathroom, or in the kitchen. She’s nowhere to be find. He immediately panicked, and searched his phone to contact the girl.

He dialled her number, and after several seconds of waiting, the other line picked up.

“Hello?” the girl’s sounds calm, unwavered knowing who’s calling her.

“Ji baby? Where are you?” the male could hear the traffic sounds at the back

“I’m on my way to work” she replied shortly

“Oh thank goodness, I thought—“

“If you’re finished I’ll be going now. Goodbye” the girl cut his sentence and ended the phone. Leaving the male dumb-founded and speechless at her new attitude. He didn’t think that everything will become as worse as now. He didn’t think that the girl, who’s usually bright and kind-hearted will be hurt this bad, by him.

*beep beep* his phone ring, signalling there’s a new message. He quickly opened it, hoping it’s from his fiance but unfortunately, work’s calling. His manager will be arriving soon and he had no other choice but to get ready now.

On the other hand, the girl arrived at the resto, only to find D.O already at the kitchen, cooking breakfast for the guests. She hurriedly put her things to her locker and went to the kitchen, helping her workmates.

“So, have fun last night?” D.O asked, making a sigh escaped her lips.

“Pretty much” the girl smiled, knowing that’s just a simple lie.

“You don’t look good though” D.O looked at her, worried by her swollen eyes that can be seen although she used make-up to cover it.

“I’m okay. Let’s just work” the girl said, without looking at him and starts cutting carrots.

It’s a good morning for Chanyeol. First thing he saw in the morning when he entered the resto is the face of his favourite hoobaes, D.O and Jihyun. Working together at the kitchen.

“Goodmorning everybody” Chanyeol said, making every available worker bowed and greet him goodmorning back. Including Jihyun and D.O.

“So, did you have fun last night?” Chanyeol asked Jihyun, remembering her taking an early-off.

“Ah, yes chef” Jihyun smiled, a fake smile. Chanyeol can see through her fake smile, and her slightly swollen eyes.

“Really?” Chanyeol sharpen his gaze, making Jihyun feels a bit nervous.

“Yes”

“Then come to my office now. I need your help with something” Chanyeol said, while heading to his office, with Jihyun trailing behind him.

The girl always feel like she’s going to be interrogated whenever she walks in Chanyeol’s office. Making her feel all nervous. On the other hand, Chanyeol smiles as soon as he seats on his chair and Jihyun standing infront of him.

“So, tell me what happened last night” Chanyeol started, making her off-guard and gulped an audible gulp.

“Nothing happened chef. Well, just the usual date” Jihyun nervously explained

“Tell me what really happened, Jihyun. You know I can’t afford to hire a lying chef” Chanyeol added, making her become uneasy. This is a mental fight, Jihyun thought.

“It’s none of your business, chef. You don’t need to know about my personal life” Jihyun tried to said as soft as she can to make it sounds unrude but—it still sounds rude afterall.

“It’s my business, Jihyun. I can’t have a gloomy cook, that will make the kitchen’s atmosphere become all gloomy. Believe me, I don’t want to see you making the other cook become all gloomy”

The girl sighed upon hearing her boss’ explanation. He got a point. It makes sense. She clenched her fists, trying to kept in the hurt that her fiance made.

“My fiance, broke his promise last night. He went back home late at night, and after that, a girl is looking for him. End of story” Jihyun tried to tell him all in one-go.

“Oh... so...”

“Yes, he’s cheating, or that’s what I thought. I haven’t heard his explanation”

The room went quite after that. The girl feeling a little regretful. Sharing her story like that. Making the atmosphere a bit weird and suffocating. But nevertheless, the girl feel a little relieved and something inside her get lifted. She feels easy and light right now.

“So, did you ever think that she’s your fiance’s partner in the drama?” her boss suddenly said, making Jihyun surprised at his assumption.

Oh yeah, there’s a 50-50 possibility that the girl is Byunghun oppa’s workmates, she thought. She never think that far. Knowing how dashing her fiance is and it’s pretty easy for him to get a girl.

The girl shook her head, earning a low chuckle from her boss. “That’s what I thought” Chanyeol said, making Jihyun pouts in embarassment.

“Well, I’m sorry then for making you worry the other chefs” Jihyun said, rolling her eyes. But Chanyeol, had another different plan. He thought of a brilliant plan that will made Jihyun feel all better.

“Now go change into your casual clothes. I’m going to take you to a field trip” Chanyeol smirked.

The girl frowns in confusion, a field trip?


Well, i'm currently editing my other story which made me kinda lags in updating this one but i'll try my best!

Oh, and as soon as I finished editing the other one, I'll edit this one! Teehee^^

Enjoy the story and STAY TUNE<3