Eight

Behind the Mirror

Kyungsoo looked into the deep brown eyes he loved so much, they sparkled in the light of a sun that didn’t shine in Kyungsoo’s world.

“If I can free you with that”, Kyungsoo said.

Jongin shook his head. “No, I don’t want to risk that”, he said.

Kyungsoo grabbed the golden frame.

“Jongin, please”, he begged.

“If we die, then we die together…”, Jongin said slowly.

“What happens if we don’t die?”, Kyungsoo asked as he stepped closer to the mirror.

“I… don’t know”, Jongin whispered as he leaned down.

Kyungsoo closed his eyes as he pressed his lips against the cool glass.

 

Jongin, I dreamt that you were dancing again.
I dreamt that we were dancing together and that I could feel you.
 I could feel your warm hands and your lips, you were holding me. I dreamt about being in your world and the glass turned into diamonds.
I know this sounds cheesy, but it was really beautiful. I was with you, inside the mirror.

Maybe.

Or maybe we went on together, but there was a path we could take together.
We didn’t know where it would lead to, but we were not locked. We could chose our way and we left together.

If the prize for that is to die, I’m willing to pay it.

 

There was a familiar sound and Kyungsoo opened his eyes as he heard the wind making the glass in Jongin’s world sing.

But there was another sound, softly and quietly the glass shattered. At first there was only a little crack in the mirror, but it quickly drew over the whole glass. Kyungsoo though didn’t step back, he leaned against it more and so did Jongin.

Kyungsoo closed his eyes, because he was afraid of what would happen. Then with a loud crack the glass scattered and Kyungsoo was pushed back.

He felt that he was falling backwards and he wondered if he was dying.

But he could also still feel something cool against his lips and when he opened his eyes, he saw Jongin. Kyungsoo stared at him and couldn’t believe his eyes until his back hit the floor hardly and a surprising weight fell on top of him.

Jongin’s skin felt cold against his as Kyungsoo wrapped his arms doubtfully around Jongin’s neck.

There was a second of absolute silence and both held their breaths, just looking into the other’s eyes, before they kissed again. And when Kyungsoo opened his eyes, Jongin was still there.

And there was no cold glass that separated them anymore. 

Jongin’s hands ran through Kyungsoo’s hair, over his cheek, over his shoulders and arms. He still couldn’t believe that he finally could feel him.

“You’re alive”, he whispered. Now there was no echo or the sound of singing glass when he talked, his voice was even a little deeper than it had been inside of the mirror. But Kyungsoo loved it even more.

He blinked. “Of course”, he murmured.

Jongin shook his head. “The person who breaks the mirror, meaning the person who frees the one locked inside, usually dies”, he said.

Kyungsoo looked at Jongin. “Well, I feel very alive right now”, he said.

Jongin leaned down and their lips touched again. Kyungsoo felt a cool hand on his chest as Jongin´s shaking hand sneaked up there.

“I can feel your heartbeat”, he whispered. Kyungsoo smiled against Jongin’s lips.

“Your skin is getting warmer”, Kyungsoo whispered. Jongin smiled and Kyungsoo felt how he blushed.

Jongin was truly beautiful, he knew that and he couldn’t mention that often enough, but when he smiled he looked different…

Then Jongin slowly sat up and Kyungsoo realized how heavy he had been as he gasped for air. Jongin chuckled and pulled him up, he lifted him so easily and Kyungsoo wrapped his arms around Jongin’s waist.

Jongin placed Kyungsoo on his feet and then Jongin intertwined their fingers and started to move slowly through the room.

Kyungsoo smiled and leaned his head against Jongin’s shoulder as they danced through the room.

Jongin turned his head and looked down to Kyungsoo until their eyes met and their lips locked again.

 

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane
by those who could not hear the music. 

- Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche -

 


okay, okay. this ending is reeeally short (-__-)

and well it's an open ending...

it leaves some questions open, I know, maybe some are disappointed... D:

 

BUT so I thought about writing an extra chapter for you guys,

in which I will reveal why Kyungsoo did not die when he freed Jongin and what might happen next to them.

So if you are interested, check that out, I'm going to upload it later tonight~

I want to thank you for reading up to here and subscribing, commenting and upvoting <3

I seriously love you all for that, I appreciate every single one of you!