Six

Behind the Mirror

“Jongin!”

Kyungsoo nearly shouted when the boy he loved so much finally appeared in the mirror. Kyungsoo had stayed up all night to wait for him.

He quickly crawled down the bed and stormed to the mirror and waved with the letter.

“Do you know what this is?”, he asked excited.

Jongin frowned. “No? Tell me”, he said.

“It’s a letter… by Sehun”, Kyungsoo said. Jongin’s face was at first emotionless, but Kyungsoo saw how he tensed up.

“Sorry, I called you but you didn’t appear and I was afraid that you didn’t want to read it, so I read it…”, Kyungsoo said.

Jongin looked at him, he didn’t say a word.

“Basically, Sehun apologized… he apologized very often. He said he hoped that you will become happy again and that you’ll find someone you love”, Kyungsoo said and looked down at the letter again.

“He said that he hates you just because he couldn’t have Luhan, but that was not your fault. Here read that”, Kyungsoo said and pressed the letter against the glass. Jongin stepped back and looked away.

“I can’t”, he murmured. “I can’t… look at it”. Kyungsoo saw tears building up in Jongin’s eyes.

“Do you want me to read it out?”, Kyungsoo asked.

As Jongin didn’t answer, Kyungsoo started reading.

“I just want you to know that you’re still my best friend and that’s why I will forgive you that you weren’t there. I cannot blame you for having everything I wanted and didn’t have. That’s not your fault… I’m sorry for everything. Jongin, I want you to dance and become famous, I want you to fulfill our dream. Please be happy. Probably it was silly to jump, but I couldn’t see a different way”, Kyungsoo read.

When he looked up he saw that Jongin was crying. Kyungsoo put down the letter and pressed his palm against the glass.

“Jongin, you don’t have to be sad anymore. You didn’t kill Sehun, it’s not your fault that he died. Sehun says that he’s still your best friend”, Kyungsoo whispered.

Jongin turned around. Kyungsoo opened his mouth and stepped back as he understood.

“I’ll leave you alone for a while”, Kyungsoo whispered and then he left the room. He took a long bath and when he returned to his room, he immediately fell asleep on his bed.

 

 

***

When he woke up the next day, he saw something moving.

He rubbed his eyes and shifted a little, but then immediately stopped, because he was afraid he would stop if he noticed him.

Jongin was dancing.

Kyungsoo stared into the mirror and warmth rushed through his veins as he saw how Jongin moved. He now understood why he was called the best dancer in the world. There was something in the way he moved. There was such a passion, so much feeling…

Kyungsoo thought that if he hadn’t fallen in love with him until that point, he would have fallen for him at that time.

It was not because Jongin was so handsome, it was not because he was such a great dancer, it was because Jongin knew everything about him and didn’t judge him, it was because they shared the same pain of losing their parents. It was because within being so perfect, there was an imperfect edge that made him human, made him real, made him the person he was. It was his deep brown eyes in which he found gentleness whereas everyone else could only see insanity and how Kyungsoo loved to get lost in them.

Then finally Jongin noticed him and he smiled a little bashfully. Kyungsoo climbed out of the bed and walked slowly to the mirror.

“Please, dance more. It looks so beautiful”, Kyungsoo whispered. Jongin laughed.

“Only if you dance with me”, he said. Kyungsoo blushed. “B-But I can’t dance and I could never be as good as you…”, he stuttered.

“I’m in the mirror like a reflection, just do the same I do”, Jongin said.

He slowly moved and Kyungsoo tried to imitate his movements, but he couldn’t see his own reflection so he didn’t know if he completely failed and looked like an idiot. But then Jongin laughed and reached out his arms.

“You’re so adorable”, he said. Kyungsoo blushed. “Nice way of telling me that I at dancing”, he murmured.

Jongin laughed and waved him closer.

“You are actually really good”, Jongin said. “If you took dance classes you would be better than me”, he said. Kyungsoo blushed.

“Never!”, he said. Jongin laughed. “Look that’s what I love about you, you’re so sweet”, Jongin said.

Kyungsoo looked away and felt how his cheeks reddened in record time.

“What’s wrong?”, Jongin asked. “Nothing”, Kyungsoo quickly said.

“I just wished I could really dance with you, not in front of you, but with you”, he murmured.

Jongin stepped closer. “You know, I’ve always danced alone. I danced in a group and so on, but still we all danced for ourselves. I’ve never danced with someone, but I really want to… I want to dance with you”, he said. They placed their palms against the same spot on the glass.

“I really would like to share what I love so much with you, because… I love you”, Jongin whispered. Kyungsoo’s heart skipped a beat.

He felt like someone had knocked him down a cliff. He stepped closer to the mirror and Jongin leaned down.

 

You can dance anywhere, even if only in your heart.

 

Kyungsoo closed his eyes as his lips touched the glass, but it was different. It was warm and soft. He suddenly felt how he was lifted up, his fingers intertwined with another hand.

He felt a body leaned against his and how he was slightly shoved back and forth, but he didn’t open his eyes as he danced with Jongin.

Because he was afraid he wouldn’t feel him anymore if he opened his eyes. Jongin slowly pulled away, his warm breath Kyungsoo’s lips.

“I can feel your heartbeat”, he whispered. “I can feel… you”, he said.

Both slowly opened their eyes and Jongin’s brown eyes sparkled in the sunshine that was reflected by the glass sculptures around them. A soft breeze ruffled through their hair and as they both looked around, the scenery slowly changed. It sparkled more and more.

Kyungsoo didn’t dare to let go of Jongin’s hand as they walked towards the sculptures.

“I’m here, I can walk through this world”, Kyungsoo whispered. Jongin nodded and squeezed his hand as if he feared as well that Kyungsoo would be suddenly pulled back.

Jongin reached out his hand and touched the glass sculpture, for a moment time stood still and then nothing happened. It didn’t burst and Jongin gasped.

“This is not glass… it’s diamonds?”, he asked.

“Diamonds are the perfect gems, nothing can destroy them”, Kyungsoo said. Then he turned around and his eyes found a few steps away from them, a large mirror.

And there were two reflections of two boys kissing and Kyungsoo stared at them as they slowly faded away. The glass of the mirror dulled and Kyungsoo saw that it slowly was covered with dust.

He slowly let go of Jongin’s hand and walked towards the mirror. The sun shone into his room and Kyungsoo slowly breathed out.

“Do you…?”, Jongin started, but Kyungsoo raised his hand and the room vanished under a white blanket.

“I won’t go back, even if I’d like to, I don’t think I could. Let’s go, Jongin”, Kyungsoo said. Jongin nodded and slowly turned Kyungsoo, so they were face-to-face. He gently over his cheeks and let his fingers run through his hair.

“Where do we go to?”, Jongin asked.

“I don’t know… I don’t even know where we are”, Kyungsoo said.

Kyungsoo breathed out and smiled.

Then he opened his eyes and saw the ceiling of his room, there were no glass or diamond sculptures, no wind that gently ruffled through his hair, neither was the sun shining.

And it was as if he heard something falling and scattering on the floor, like glass would break into a thousand pieces.

He sat up and looked at the mirror. The letter was lying on the floor in front of the mirror. Jongin was not there.

 

~

The mirrors in your eyes
only reflect the depths of my soul.
That’s how close we are.

-Archana-

 


Woah *____*

so many new subscribers!! *^___^*

thanks a lot for reading this story and subscribing to it <3

as promised I tried to update quickly... some parts became a bit too cheesy, urgh I don't even know...

I try to update soon, since the end of this chapter is kinda sad T__T

love you guys~ <3