Chapter 12: The Truth that Hurts

A Leap of Fate
 
Eun Nel and I went back inside Mr. Jae Wook's house, and as we enter, everyone's eyes were on me, except for one person who's sitted near the window, his back facing us.
 
 
"Mianhae, its because of me that these things happened" SunWoo said while scratching his head.
 
 
"Ani, it's everyone's fault"
 
 
"Mwo? Its not my fault, I'm out of that!"
 
 
"Ya Lee Jung Hwan, jinjja jugule? If not because of that Saved by Love idea of yours this won't happen!"
(Jinjja jugule- Do you really want to die?)
 
 
"Eun Nel-ah, stop blaming Jung Hwan-sshi. Okay, no one's to be blame for" I said calmly, then glance at Jinyoung whose hands were on his chin like he was thinking something deeply.
 
 
 
I look at Ha Na who was now busy fidgeting her phone, like nothing happened. Aissh, I really want to erase this girl's face! She didn't even apologize to me! She's the one whose really to be blame! I throw her a dagger look, when Eun Nel notice my scrapes.
 
 
"Oh, you have small wounds. Where did you got these?" Everyone fell silent again.
 
 
"Ah, I think I know why." Then she stood up and search for the first aid kit. When she came back she clean all my wounds like a nurse and put plastic strips on each of the scrapes. I count them all, there were 5. I sighed as I control myself from launching myself to that Ha Na again.
 
 
 
"Should we continue with the Truth Or Dare while we eat all the snacks?" Jung Hwan said.
 
 
"Mwo? You even think of continuing your stupid games!"
 
 
"I'm not the one who proposed to play that game, I was just--"
 
 
"Let's continue." I heard Jinyoung spoke, not even turning to face us. So he really wants to show that he's on that troll's side? Well, fine! Game on! I made a face to him though he can't see.
 
 
 
Jung Hwan and Sun Woo went to the kitchen counter to prepare all the snacks Eun Nel bought, while Ha Na is already beside Jinyoung. Poor girl, she's like talking to the air. I laugh on my mind, what a pity! Eun Nel was just beside me, reading a book calmly. I lean on her shoulders, I don't know this weird girl would be this nice to me.
 
 
"Gomawo, Eun Nel-sshi."
 
 
"For what?"
 
 
"For being an advisor" Then I look at her meaningfully.
 
 
"I'll think about what you told me, carefully." I said to her on a tone that only us can both hear.
 
 
"No matter what your decision is, Mr. Jae Wook is mine, arasseo?" She was looking so serious when she said that, I laughed at her.
 
 
"I'll also think about that"
 
 
 
"Snacks are here!" Jung Hwan lively said then placed the bowl of mixed nuts, carp bread (Bungeoppang), and a pitcher of orange juice on the table, while Sun Woo place the glasses and went back to the kitchen. I feel the atmosphere liven up as everyone move to their feet and took all their seats. We look at all the foods on our front, whoa Eun Nel must really be so kind to buy all of these foods for everyone eventhough its just a punishment. Sun Woo came back with an empty bottle of water.
 
 
Eun Nel was beside me, while Sun Woo is sitted on my other side. Ha Na was on his front while Jung Hwan is sitted facing Eun Nel. I saw her smirked as Jung Hwan smile sweetly at her. I think you already know who's sitted on my front. Jinyoung is beside Ha Na, so what do you expect right? I made a face and look somewhere while I reach for a carp bread when my hand bumped into someone's hand. I looked at it, rather we both looked at it then withdraw our hands at the same time.
 
 
"Why is it so, hot here?" Jung Hwan said while fanning himself by his shirt.
 
 
"You even dare asking!" Eun Nel glared at him then prick his hand who was about to get a carp bread from the plate.
 
 
"You first" Jinyoung and I said in unison.
 
 
"Ani, get first."
 
 
"No, you get first, you're the winner here. The winner should be the first one to get"
 
 
 
Ha Na get a carp bread and placed it on Jinyoung's plate. "Mwoya, you two are so..." I didn't hear what she said because she mumbled it so fast and in a very low tone.
 
 
I reach for a carp bread and start to eat, when Jung Hwan extended his hand for the bottle on the center and handed it to me.
 
 
"Let's start the game now guys. you sshi will be the first one to turn the bottle." He said then I accept it from his hand.
 
 
 
I put the bottle in the center and turned it. We all waited where it would point to when it stop.
 
 
"Oh, Eun Nel-sshi!" Jung Hwan said excitedly. The bottle stopped and pointed to Eun Nel.
 
 
"I should decide what you would do right?" I asked.
 
 
"Mwo? This is a Truth Or Dare, why would you be-?"
 
 
"Ah Eun nel-sshi, Jung Hwan-ah--"
 
 
"Ara ara! Aissh!" She shoot a look and was about to punch Jung Hwan but she didn't continue.
(Ara ara! - I know I know!)
 
 
"Ok then, Truth." I said, then smile at her. Everyone became so concentrated on my question. Eun Nel folded her arms and look at me intently.
 
 
 
"How much do you like... Mr. Jae Wook?" Eun Nel smiled with the question, then she smirked at Jung Hwan who became very glum all of a sudden.
 
 
"Hmm, kugeo? Manhi.. jeongmal manhi! Bigger than this house" She said dreamily. I suddenly feel sorry for Jung Hwan-sshi who was now pigging out with his carp bread, he shoved it all in his mouth. I also think he's about to cry.
 
 
"Oh" SunWoo said as he noticed Jung Hwan's expression. "Turn the bottle for the next one, Eun-Nel-sshi"
 
 
 
She turned the bottle and it pointed to..
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Ha Na.
 
 
 
"Kurom, Truth or--"
 
 
"TRUTH!" She exclaimed. Isn't she that excited? I bat an eyelash at her, God this girl is so >__
 
 
"Hmm.. Why do you still need to take a part time job in the bookshop if you're already well-off?" Eun Nel asked her, her arms folded. So this girl is rich? Well, she doesn't look like it.
 
 
"Do you still really need to ask that, well it's simply because.." Then she hooked her arms to the guy beside him and lean on his shoulders. 
 
 
"Jinyoung Oppa maeil maeil bogo shipo." I almost choked, ah everything's slowly clearing up to me. I know it right then that Jinyoung will not take this part time job just because he wants to earn money and give it to me because I'm pitiful. I glare at him, but he doesn't meet my gaze. He was just sitting motionless.
(Maeil maeil bogo shipo- I want to see him everyday)
 
 
"What a crap, turn the bottle now then if you're already finish answering" Eun Nel said, I know she knows what I'm feeling right now. I just stared at the bottle as it went into circles and stopped and pointed to Jung Hwan.
 
 
"Jung Hwan-sshi, Truth or Dare."
 
 
"Dare"
 
 
"Whoa, the very first dare!" Sun Woo exclaimed.
 
 
"Hmm, dare? Ok, dance like a..." There this troll again. Why doesn't she dance herself the way she wants to, she always want others to do a dance that would humiliate them. Just wait until I got the chance to make a dare for you, you troll!
 
 
"Duck!" Eun Nel blurted out into a suppressed laugh as Ha Na troll exclaimed.
 
 
"Oh, kurae." Jung Hwan smiled like a little kid, maybe he thought Eun Nel will like it because she laughed. I just stare at him then smile.
 
 
 
He started to dance like a duck. Omo, he's really cute! I watch him as he went outside our circle formation and dance like a duck. I smile big, whoa he's really irresistably cute! I wonder if Eun Nel already find about it also. Everyone was so entertained by him, of course except Eun Nel.
 
 
"So annoying.." She said then made a face. Haha I want to laugh on these two.
 
 
"Turn the bottle now, ppalli!" Eun Nel shouted to him, haha I know it, she also find Jung Hwan cute,
 
"You just don't want to admit it" I said to her, then she glare at me in return.
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Oh! you-sshi! Do you want to answer a Truth question, do a Dare, or pass it to someone else?" Whoa, here goes my luck. I think as fast as I can if I should pass it to the troll or to the fox.
 
 
 
"Truth" I blurted out, subconsciously. Oh mwoya, what's happening, why did I said that? I can sense Jinyoung glance at me when I said that. I know he thought I would pass it to someone else.
 
 
"Kurom.. You and Jinyoung are bestfriends right? How important is he to you?" I swallowed to the question, my heart palpitates again like that when we were alone in the storage room yesterday.
 
 
"Ya, that's two questions! Only one question!" I heard Eun Nel say to Jung Hwan as she glare at her and was aiming to punch him.
 
 
"The second question then, answer the second question then you-sshi" Jung Hwan said as he shield himself from Eun Nel's wrath.
 
 
 
I swallowed again, when will this end? I clasped my hands and bit my lip, what should I answer? Especially now that something happened earlier. Ha Na was making a face at me as I looked at them.
 
 
"Can I, pass?" I said, I know I'm looking like a fool now.
 
 
"But you already decide to answer a Truth ques-"
 
 
"Let her pass then" I look at Jinyoung when he said that, he was looking somewhere, maybe he's really angry at me.
 
 
"O-okay then." SunWoo said.
 
 
"Do you want to do a Dare instead you-sshi.."
 
 
"A-ani. I'll just answer the Truth question." I smiled hesitantly at them, the fox was still emotionless.
 
 
"Jinyoung is.. He is.." I bit my lip, Aiissh what am I gonna say?
 
 
 
"Mwoya, why can't you answer?!" Ha Na grumbled as she looked at me with her disgust expression.
 
 
"He is.. Ahmm.. How do I say it.." I smiled like a fool as I think of the appropriate words I should say.
 
 
 
 
"He is..
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
like..
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He is like a brother to me." As I say those words, our eyes met, and as I look into his eyes, he was looking at me with that soft expression. I feel like he want me to say something else, something more than what I said, something...
 
 
"Whoa, the two must be very close then, but it doesn't show. Turn the bottle then." Eun Nel nudged my arm, maybe I stare at him for too long. I turn the bottle, and..
 
 
 
"Oh, it's Jinyoung Hyung's turn!" Jung Hwan said. I swallowed for the 3rd time, why does it feel so humid suddenly, and why does this bottle deteriorates? There are 4 people aside from this guy, why does fate do this to me..
 
 
"Truth or--"
 
 
"Truth." He doesn't made me finish and answer immediately. Ah jinjja, he's making things difficult. His arms are folded and was looking at the carpet floor.
 
 
"I.. Ahmm, okay.. Truth.." I said. This is so awkward, really..
 
 
"Do you like.." I think deeply if that's an appropriate question. Should I ask him if he likes Ha Na too? Well, I think it's already answered, he let Ha Na do things to him without even complaining. Hmm, I just want to make sure then.
 
 
 
 
 
"Do you like.."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"you-sshi?" Eun Nel blurted out. Everyone's attention was now on her, I crinkle my forehead as I felt something weird. Ya Eun Nel why are you like this...
 
 
 
"you-sshi should be the one to ask, not you" Ha Na snapped out.
 
 
"Well, I'm just helping her out. I think she's having a hard time." She said coolly.
 
 
"you-sshi Is that what you're going to ask--"
 
 
"Ne." I was shocked when this fox suddenly answered. N-ne? I widen my eye and look at him.
 
 
 
"I like her..." Ha Na was looking intently at him, I think she's also holding for the suspense.
 
 
 
 
 
I held my breath as I waited for the next words. 
 

 

Cliffhanger! :p

Thank you subbies, most especially

HanneyYuri

ChoiSeunghyunVIP

layla95

I love reading comments so keep em coming!

An upvote would not cost too much right? Hehe ^^v