One year later

The Missing Thing [YONGSEO]

ONE YEAR LATER

White lace curtains appeared in his line of sight as Jung Yonghwa opened his eyes to a new day. He watched silently, a content smile unconsciously on his lips as he did, the elegant dance the curtains were performing before him. He reached out playfully, to catch one end of the curtain between his thumb and index finger, feeling the texture of the cloth before he let it go.

His attention quickly shifted to space between his arms as the person currently lying at that exact spot let out a small moan. He tried to control his urge to pull her closer, just to squeeze her and feel her body warmth, but failed quickly as she shifted from her original position into one that had one of her legs over his. He took that as an affirmation from her that it was alright to do so.

He moved her closer, guiding her arms around his own torso and her cheek against the skin of his chest.

He sighed in contentment.

 

Half an hour had past, with him lying there awake and Seo Joohyun firmly in arms, asleep without a care in the world. He wanted nothing more than to spend the rest of the morning with her, whether it be lazing in bed for another few hours or him waking her up and the both of them enjoying breakfast together. But he can’t.

He eyed the clock once more. 9:05 A.M.

He suddenly had a childish hatred for their innocent digital clock.

Slowly, and painfully, he untangled himself from her. Careful not to wake her up, she went to bed pretty late too yesterday, not as late as he did, but still.

She had went on a late night radio broadcast yesterday and came home around 1 a.m. Somehow, in between her distracting nightwear which consisted of one of his singlet and a short pant that reached only her mid-thigh and her  usual routine of stretching and some light exercise before bed, she had managed to convince him to end his composing session earlier yesterday. Wordlessly and effortlessly, it seemed, although I don’t think she knew it herself.  

He came out from the bathroom, all washed up and ready to go but he just couldn’t go passed their bed and ultimately the person currently occupying that said bed. The blanket covered her partially, under her stomach but pulled up near to her mid-thigh, revealing those sinfully long legs of hers.

He didn’t want to move away from her anymore than he did before, and now even more so, with her sprawled out across the sheets, her legs artfully spreaded out in opposite poles. He walked towards the side of the bed closest to her.

Gently, he patted her hand that was placed just under her cheek. Playfully, he grabbed one of her finger and used it to poke her own cheeks. Her eyes fluttered opened.

“Oppa?” She remained as she were, not moving an inch on the pillow as she watched him with sleepy eyes.  

“Hey.” He whispered, not wanting to break this fragile quietness between them. “I’m going now alright.”

He lifted his bag over one shoulder and turned around to leave as she gave no reaction, probably too sleepy still. He smiled at the thought.

He was about to stand up when he felt her hand on his shoulder. He looked up but couldn’t see anything with her hair blocking her view, he heard her whisper in his ear, softly and affectionately. “Come home soon.” And then the touch, the very thing that will have to last him the hours until he could see her again later, her kiss.

Gentle on his sensitive skin, on his neck, her lips pause on contact with his skin for a few seconds. And then she pulled back, gave him her smile and then moved forward to that same spot once more, where his pulse were. Firmly this time, her lips parted at the last second and her lips trailed upwards, stopping only when it broached his ear.

“Safely.”


As promised! Though terribly late.....haha! Supposed to be part of a new story where Yongseo is a married couple but.......whatever! :D