Crazy

The Missing Thing [YONGSEO]

 

Alcohol do crazy things to people. That little piece of information wasn’t lost on me. Well, not just yet.

 

One minute I was feeling bad and stupid for having made a bad decision despite knowing full well the consequence and the next, I am like ‘Who cares?’. It was literally like my brain had shut off, having had enough of torturing my conscience for the day. And with that internal conflict gone, I decided to be a man and do what I should’ve done in the first place.

 

With someone else’s bottle in my hand, I took a swig of it while I scanned the scene in front of me. Let’s see what do I have here. 

 

Chicks.

 

Music.

 

Alcohol. 

 

It didn’t take Einstein to see all the amazing possibilities that this club holds now that I had a good amount of liquor in me. For a nanosecond, my annoying habit of weighing the pros and cons of things almost kicked in but I squashed it by jumping right into the pool of people.

 

Yeah, let’s get the party started!

 

Immediately, a bunch of girls stopped what they are doing and started fighting to get their chance of having their time with me. Hands reached out in an instant, trying to get a piece of me. I laughed, “There’s enough of me to go around girls.” Squels and shouts sounded around me, and they tried even harder to get closer to me. And all I could remember is how I can’t stop laughing.

 

After a while, I realized my beer supply need replenishing. I tried to catch sight of the usual skimpily dressed waitresses and manage to catch one as she sauntered pass. I eyed her carefully but got caught when she saw me looking. She didn’t shy away, instead she slowly walked towards me.

 

I watched her appreciatively as she stared back with the same intensity in her eyes. She was wearing the standard black tie and skirt that fell just right on her mid-thigh. The red lipstick that she had on didn’t hurt also.

 

She quietly stopped just a few steps from where I stood.  She didn’t say anything at first and I was too lazy to be the one to start the conversation. It didn’t surprised me when her eyes brighten with recognization as she got a closer look of my face. Her lips opened in a surprised ‘O’ shaped. “Omo, aren’t you Yonghwa-sshi?”

 

Hmm, took her long enough.

 

She looked alluring especially with that sort of smoky make up on and that plainly was enough reason for me to not point out about the intimate way she said my name, like she actually knew me. Instead, I put on a coy expression and lean forward. “Hey.” My voice came out a bit deep but that didn’t stop her from blushing a bit. I stepped closer, my breath mingling with hers. “Don’t you think it’s a bit unfair?”

 

“What?”

 

I put on a lazy smile as I let out a sigh. “You know my name, right?” I didn’t wait for her to answer. I turned my head to look at something else. “How come I don’t know yours?”

 

A short pause came after that before she answered in a soft voice.  

 

“Him Mi.” She smiled and winked. A bit too slow for it to be a natural reaction. “My name is Him Mi.”She giggled, faking shyness by covering and  I had to control the urge to roll my eyes.

 

They were all the same, actors in their own skin. But it didn’t matter. It wouldn’t be realistic if someone forgot their role, now would it?

 

“Alright then, Him Ki,” I gave her an open-mouth smile.“How bout’ some soju then?” I haven’t forget the main motive for approaching her.

 

“It’s Him Mi.” She blinked her make up darken pair of eyes. I knew enough to know that it was one of those tricks that girls pull to be y. It didn’t really work in her case. “I can even give you a discount.”

 

This was too easy.

 

I added more life to my smile as oppose to the pretend smile I had on just a few seconds ago. “Thanks-“

 

She cut me off before I could finished. Smilling playfully with her lips jutting out in an almost pout. She batted her eyelashes that came out more creepy than anything. “Not so fast,” She raised her pointer finger then, “A kiss.”

 

“What?” I was honestly surprised then.

 

“A kiss for discounts.” She repeated herself patiently. She had her arms crossed in a challenging way. “Fair deal, really.”

 

Before I could react, someone tapped me on my shoulder. “Nice.” The pungent smell of alcohol flooded my senses immediately as I tried to inch away, “Not five minutes in the room and you’ve already bagged a chick.”

 

I cocked my head to the side and caught sight of some of the guys standing there watching expectantly. Somehow a brave waitress claming a kiss from an idol wasn’t something these celebrites who travel pretty much everyday have seen before.

 

Eunhyuk, Heechul, Junhyung, Kwanghee and some other stood around to watch the show.

 

It didn’t even take me a second of hesitation this time. With speed, I grabbed a bottle of soju from the bar I was currently leaning against and took a generous swig. I passed it to some willing guy behind me and heard someone cheer, followed by the rest and suddenly I noticed how many more bystanders I attracted. Hmm.

 

Pushing reason to the back of my mind, I smashed my lips against her.

 

No point in a boring show.

 

Grabbing her waist, I pressed her against me and she was more than willing to comply. Permitting entrance, I slipped my toungue into and instantly felt a different kind of temperature change. In the midst of it all, I kept my eyes open. My eyes concentrated not on the girl currently in my arms but at the strangers carvoting on the dance floor. Beautiful strangers.

 

There was a girl standing awkwardly on the dance floor that had caught my attention. All the sound of cheering and shouting behind me faded as I watched her. She looked nervous in her red dress, staring down at her shoes every couple of minutes. It reminded me painfully about a certain someone.

 

I groaned in pain when my head started hurting a bit when I tried to remember. This must have gave the waitress a different idea because she started kissing me more aggressively, nearly pushing me to lean against the bar. Man, had she been starving. I held my own, and grabbed her by the waist with more force than I intended to hold her still.

 

The crowd must have love this. They started screaming like all those crazy fans would in concerts.

 

Despite the situation, I smiled when I saw a smile bloomed on the girl’s face. A guy had came to her rescue and pull her away. This too, had me remembering a blur figure from a past memory. My head started to hurt even worse.  

 

I pushed her away and held my hand to my head. I tried grabbing something for support as the world around me started to spin. Ugh, must be those damn beer!

 

With my eyes half-closed I tried to get a clear look of my surrounding, unintentionally scanning the unfamiliar face around me. And right then and there, I spot her. On the edge of the open second floor, leaning against the glass panes, she stood staring.

 

No, not at anyone else in the club but staring directly at me.

 

For almost a minute our eyes were connected. An alien feeling of wrongness bubbled inside of me at what I did just a few minutes ago, causing guiltiness to replace shock. But while I was in emotional turmoil, she turned away coldly and left.

 

She broke our connection so easily and just left me standing there like an idiot with my head pounding even harder than before. It felt like there was drum being played inside of my head and the people around me were cheering to the sound of its beat.

 

Strangers, people I know-or at least know their name- were hooting and shouting around me, cheering me on like I had just done a perfect piece in an imaginary piano performance. And all the while I just stood there, looking hollowly at the already preceded figure.