The Day After

My Wilting Sun

That night she had hardly slept peacefully. She had dreamt of the beautiful boy and wondered what he was doing. She quickly dismissed all her thoughts as silly nonsense and eventually fell asleep hardly knowing of the surprise in store for the next day.

Realizing how late she was she slipped on her school uniform as quickly as she could. Her shoes weren't even tied as she ran out of her house and towards her school only two block away. When she had finally made it into the entrance she heard the sound of her doom. The school bell. Flustered she tied her shoes and fast walked towards her classroom at the end of the hall. She opened the door, bowed towards her teacher and made her way to the back of the classroom, the only place with empty seats left. Just as she was about to take out her notes the door of the classroom opened yet once again. "I guess I wasn't the only one late" she thought. She smiled to herself, half satisfied half relieved that she wasn't the latest one today. "Attention class." Said the class president. "Greet the new student." Shocked at the sudden news Naeun could only glance up in horror. Of course it was the grocery store boy. "What is this a drama?" Thought naeun. "Oh no wait am I the secret evil step sister!?! That would probably be just my luck..." "Anyeonghaseo nan Lee Taemin imnida. Please take care of me well. I promise not to cause trouble. Thank you." "That's enough thank you sir. Please find a chair and get comfortable you have quite a lot to catch up on. Thank you class president we will be preceding with out lesson now." 

With that the young man named Taemin made his way towards the only seat in the class left which so happened to be next to our lovely lady Naeun. "Of course" she thought. As he sat down she glanced towards him and quickly bowed her head. Embarrassed she looked straight towards the teacher pretending to be 100% absorbed in the lesson. Luckily she didn't see Taemin give a small silent chuckle, otherwise she would've died of embarrassment. He reached into his bag and placed something on her desk when the teacher wasnt looking. She looked at the object he had placed and she blushed slightly whispering her thanks. She grabbed the banana milk and placed it in her bag silently feeling very special that she already met the new student.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When class was finally over she grabbed her bag and silently left the classroom to eat her lunch outside. She found a little place when school had first started underneath a tree. She placed her bag against the tree and sat down. Pulling out her lunch she sighed. When she was about to start eating she heard noises in the distance. "YOU'RE GOING TO DIE IM YOONA OR SO HELP ME GOD" "" she thought. Out of all the days to get into a fight.

She got up and ran towards the noise. "Excuse me- sorry I know sorry". She made her way through the crowd and she froze watching her idiot best friend. Apparently she had managed to piss off HyunA. "You think your pretty little face is going to save you this time ?" "Well I mean it might considering your boyfriend prefers it over yours." "You better watch it you little I'm not afraid to take of your stupid mask. As a matter of fact if you think you're so invincible come at me ." At this point Naeun couldn't handle watching this. She ran towards yoona and began "I'm sorry HyunA this won't happen again. If you could just-" "I'm sorry naeun but this isn't any of your ing business. She was making out with my boyfriend so if you'd excuse me-" "please HyunA don-" the next thing she knew she hit the ground. In pain she rubbed her cheek. "I said this wasn't any of your ing business son naeun." With tears forming in her eyes she got up and pushed Yoona and headed towards the school. 

She ducked many people until someone caught her around the waist. She turned to look at her captor. "Of course" she thought. "Let me see it" Taemin said a bit forcefully. She removed her hand from her cheek to reveal a long scratch across her face. "Who did this to you? Is someone bullying you? What happened" he began asking her all these questions at once causing her head to spin a bit. "Uhm. It was an accident." "If it was an accident you wouldn't be on the brink of tears. So tell me." She began her story from the beginning and how she was just trying to pry Yoona away from a fight and how she had failed and how embarrassed she was. She didn't understand why exactly she told him all of that but she did. She hadn't realized they were walking so she was a bit dazed when she noticed she was at the nurse's office. He told the nurse he'd bandage her up himself and so he did. His long fingers applied the soothing medicine ever so gently against her soft face and put a clean white bandage on it. 

"Why are you being so kind to me?" She asked. "Because I want to know you better" he responded. Surprised at his honesty she only nodded her head as he led her out to retrieve her bag and get back to class.