The Question that Started it All

My Wilting Sun

   Naeun had made it through the school week with hardly any accidents after that day. The most severe incident had probably been accidently hitting Taemin in the head with her Algebra II book. He laughed in the end anyways so she wasn't extremely worried. Today was the day she would finally be getting contacts. Ever since she was young she'd hide her face behind very big glasses because they were more convenient than contacts. Not only that but she didn't like admitting she was afraid to touch her eye. The night before she actually had nightmare of poking her eye and becoming even more blind.

   Her mother had convinced her that she needed contacts so she could do things she liked to do without having to suffer so much with her huge glasses. Even her father got involved in the conversation commenting on how he had a beautiful daughter and would like to brag and showcase it. At that point in the discussion Naeun laughed knowing this was no longer just about her eyesight and agreed hesitantly. As she prepared to leave with her mother to the eye doctor she heard a knock on her bedroom door. "Naeun dear. I'm not going to be able to go with you to the eye doctor. They need meet at the hospital. Call me when you get there. Your dad is also at work, so I'm sorry you have to walk alone. You know how to get there right?" A bit taken a back Naeun replied shakily "Y-yes omma of course. I know how to get there. Don't worry I'll be fine." "Ok good luck and I'm sorry dear." Defeated Naeun stared into the mirror. 'Oh my god wait not don't leave I can't oh my god what am I going to...I'll call Yoona. Maybe she'll comfort me. No no I can't. She's probably working. Aish...."

  As she said goodbye to her cat she walked out the door of her little corner house. She began walking towards the eye doctor trying very hardly not to cry of fear. As a matter of fact she was trying so hard she didn't realize she bumped into somebody. She was so focused she didn't notice someone tapping her shoulder. She didn't even notice she was stopped until she looked up and saw Taemin's frightened face. "Hey Naeun. Son Naeun? Are you ok? Naeun??" "Oh Taemin oppa! I'm so sorry I didn't see you there. What are you..?" Taemin sighed and quietly laughed. "I was going to go.... it doesn't matter. I'm worried about you now." He laughed again. "Where are you going?" She began telling him about going to get contacts and how she was scared because she had never used them before. When she was done explaining her situation she sighed and looked up at him. "How do you do that?" "Do what?" he replied a bit confused. "It's just, every time you ask me a question, I always manage to tell you everything." For a minute Taemin considered what he would respond but instead just nudged her and smiled. "Maybe you just like me that much," he teased.

  An embarrassed Naeun just huffed and walked on. Taemin chuckled and followed her. "Don't worry Son Naeun. I'll accompany you today."