Let's Stop While We Can

My Wilting Sun

Hi. This story hasn't been updated in a while and I'm seriously intent on making this work so I'm sorry if anyone actually liked this hehehe <3 anyways

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“It’s a good thing you mother wasn’t here to hear that weak performance,” Minho said. He was sitting on a couch across a standing Taemin in the living room. “I told your mother I’d be coming today. I’m a bit disapp-““Oh just shut up.” Taemin started walking towards the kitchen where the back door was located in hopes of escaping this nightmare. “Hey,” an arm wrapped around Taemin’s. A look upon a look. This wasn’t what he wanted. He just wanted him to stay, but instead he received a cold stare and a feeling of abandonment. This isn’t what he wanted. And now he’d be paying the consequences of his actions. Minho would never recover the past. He would never recover his Taemin. He hadn’t noticed Taemin pull away, but he noticed when he walked away and slammed the door.

~ ~ ~

The only sound heard was the sound of a sighing Naeun. Yoona had called her and urgently begged her to meet her at a coffee shop located across the school. Walking was one of Naeun’s little pleasures in life. Walking got her places. However, today was not a day to be walking. She sensed she would regret this trip, but this was Yoona after all. As she continued on her journey she realized several important things.

  1. She really needed to get her priorities straight. She kept thinking about Taemin. She was forgetting Yoona and that was wrong.

  2. She has a lot of time. Over the past weeks everything had felt so rushed and sudden.

After reaching that last conclusion she decided to take it easy. Before heading directly toward the coffee shop she decided to make a quick stop. She stopped and sat down on a nearby bench. With her legs stretched out in front of her and her head tilted back she closed her eyes and relaxed in what had felt like weeks.

For a couple of minutes she felt everything. She felt the blood rushing into her cheeks as the cold reached every inch of exposed skin. She felt the slight breeze creep up on her. She felt the need to sleep almost, but before she got the chance she was met with something strangely warm on her forehead. Startled, she opened her eyes to see directly above her a smiling Taemin. “Too far?” he asked with a small smile. He began laughing quietly as Naeun was barely understanding that Taemin had just kissed her. It was a forehead kiss, yes, but nonetheless a kiss. "Tae- Taemin?" "Last time I remember that is my name. Yes. Hi. My name is Taemin." Naeun looked down and laughed as she realized how much she was overreacting. "What are you doing here?" "Oh nothing really. Just had to get out of the house and had the pleasure to see you almost falling asleeping in the cold. So now that I've found you here by coincidence want to go do something together or were you planning to do something other than freeze?" Laughing again Naeun replied "you talk too much." She faced him smiling and saw him return the same soft smile. "Well Naeun" he said getting closer to her face "you talk to soon".

She closed her eyes almost as if it was instinct, and before long she felt two soft lips meet hers. This was all so spontaneous it felt like a dream. Their lips pressed slightly harder as they got closer. Taemin put his arm around her and before long they were close enough to be thought a couple. The kiss ended and she opened her eyes to stare into his. She wanted to ask him what this meant, but she couldn't ruin the atmosphere just yet. Instead she gave him a small peck and snuggled into his arms with her forehead pressed against his neck. He wrapped his arms around her and sighed. It was even better than he thought it would be, and he got to find that out for himself. After a couple of minutes Naeun remembered her realizations from earlier. She was a girl who had priorities and things to do. "Oppa..." "Mmmm" he resonded. "I have to go meet Yoona. I'll meet with you later, and then we. can go do something." She looked up at him and he nodded. With a light kiss to the forehead he told her "I'll see you later."