Grocery Stores

My Wilting Sun

   She tip-toed quitely through the hall way praying her parents wouldn't hear her. She was frightened by the fact that they might put her to work washing the dishes or doing the laundry. Finally she reached the living room. Sitting down relieved she the TV and began flipping through the channels until she settled for cartoons. Laughing she heard a little "mew" come from the white curtains next to wear she was sitting on the couch. Playfully she "mewed" back as she picked up her little kitten. "Would you like to watch some cartoons with me mary belle? Look it's your favorite hahahaha. God I must be getting lonely if I'm talking to my cat." There she sat watching TV for a good solid hour until she finally felt it time to end her day. She would end it happily . "OMMA I'll be back! I'm going to the grocery store!" "Ok don't be out too late!"

Relieved that her mother would let her go so easily she slipped on her sweater and shoes petting mary belle on her way out. She walked through the icy night noticing the details of every corner and building she passed until she finally reached the corner store. She greeted the cashier as she walked in. Knowingly she went to the back of the store with all the dairy products. She grabbed several little jugs of banana milk and was prepared to go to the front again. However, as she stood up straight and turned around she bumped into someone else. Embarrassed, she picked up her milk that had fallen to the ground and apologized not looking the person in the eyes. She quickly paid and walked to the nearest playground.

Relieved she sat down on the swing and began drinking her first miniature jug. She looked up at the sky marveled. Despite the light pollution, she felt like she could actually see the stars. She began thinking about her future and how one day she'd be married. She'd be loved. Someone would hold her and whipser beautiful things and dazzle her. She liked that thought. She was so caught up in her thinking she hadn't noticed the person standing in front of her until he called her attention. "Excuse me" was all it took to ground her feet again. She looked at the stranger with a twinge of annoyance. "Yes?" she meekly replied. "You're the girl from the convinient store." Flushed with embarressment she quickly said "ehm....yes....I'm sorry sir I didn't mean to..." "It's quite alright, I just wanted to know your name." "So you followed me to learn my name?". He chuckled and kicked a rock with his shoe. "No not really. My house is over there and I saw you staring at the sky. I thought you looked pretty and then I realized who you were. Luckily that gave me an excuse to come talk to you. So, now that I'm here, what is your name?". Shocked by this much information she replied shyly "Naeun...Son Naeun." "Nice to meet you. Have a good night Son Naeun." As he walked away in the darkness Naeun couldn't help but stare. His blue coat eventually disappeared behind a corner when she suddenly realised she hadn't even asked for his name.

When she got back home she stored the milk she hadn't drank and went straight to her room. She lied down and thought about how he had looked. He had a beautiful face and a cute nose. His voice was manly, yet his face was cute. Surely she’d never see him again. Shame too. He looked nice.