Then Someone Comes

It's You

 

The blonde was walking heavy steps towards Yuri’s apartment only to say goodbye to her friends and to catch the last glimpse of Yuri’s apartment. She regretted for once why she even bothered coming and only to get a desolate truth. Which she shouldn’t be hearing now, due to her curiosity she got what she deserved. At one point, her only expectations when it comes to Yuri was to apologize but when she already had the grip of that moment, she just couldn’t. Words were choking her and none came out right.

 

 

The dull moonlight was the only light she had to guide her back. She didn’t care about what might happen to her while going back but just continued walking.

 

“I guess nothing will ever bend your thoughts, huh Yuri?” she said to herself with chunk of tears gushing from her eyes.

“You just wouldn’t listen to me!”

“I thought we’re Forever and Always?”

“But it’s too late now.”

*Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

All her blabbering was leading her to nowhere and the night was just getting deeper. As soon as she saw a lit house her heart beat became fast and was thinking that maybe Yuri is already home. She had her pace slowed down and walked like a slump person. She was already Yuri’s doorstep and all there’s left was to ring the doorbell and wait for someone to open it. She basically did those and didn’t care if Yuri was around or not. As long as she can say goodbye to her friends, she’s all right with it. Her eyes that were filled with tears was starting to get dry but swollen. The door swung open and only to find out that Tiffany and Taeyeon were the only ones around. There was no Yuri in her plain sight. She was staring the floor and walked towards Tiffany and Taeyeon who were at the couch staring at her. She forcefully cracked a smile on her face but her swollen eyes wasn’t cooperating at her fake act to appear seemingly fine.

Tiffany and Taeyeon rushed to her care knowing that she isn’t fine at all and they know she got in a big trouble. From her swollen eyes, everything tells it all. They gave her a comforting hug and asked what happened.

“Jessi! What happened?! We were really worried about you and Yuri. Where is she?” Tiffany snapped at her, shocked at her state.

Hearing the word Yuri again pained her heart even more. Knowing that that person will never be back to her life it just keeps on repeating and repeating. Every time she avoids that name, it keeps on going back at her. Her face was so pale; lips were in a purple shade, hands trembling from what happened earlier. She just wants to die at that very moment.

“Oh, hello there Fany and Taeyeon. And me? I’m fine. There’s nothing to be worried about. And Yuri said that she wants to be outside- some fresh air. I have to go now, don’t worry about me.” Jessica tried to avoid the topic wherein Yuri was involved.

“But where are you going to stay now? Are you going back to the hotel? I thought you’d be staying at my house?”

“Well… probably yes. I’ll be going to your house tomorrow, Fany. Thanks for everything! I really owe you.” She quickly bid goodbye to her friends before her tears would start falling again. She wouldn’t want her friends to be worried about her and her problem. Neither does she want them to know about it.

It was past 8 when she started walking towards the bus stop. Knowing that it’s dangerous to walk at night she continued doing so and wasn’t afraid if someone might even kidnap her. All she cares about is Yuri and their friendship to back together again. Her walking was halted when a bright light was against her. She identified it to be a car going towards her, from where she is. She couldn’t even see clearly because of her swollen eyes, she covered her eyes with the back of her palm. Oblivious about the car that’s going towards her, she just continued walking. She knows that it wasn’t Yuri or Tiffany’s car because their cars were parked at Yuri’s house. Even so, she continued and when the car finally stopped at the sidewalk where she was standing, she just stared at the black Sedan unknown of who the driver was. The window was pulled down, showing a man around his twenties. He was wearing a pair of thick frame glasses, wearing only casual clothes- striped black and white v-neck and a white cardigan, pants that were ankle length and just plain white shoes. Clothes those are suitable for normal weather. He turned and looked at Jessica who was certainly avoiding his gaze.

“Not to be mistaken, how are you Sooyeon?” the man spoke with a calm and charming voice.

“What do you want from me, Taecyeon? I’m not in the mood for long chats right now.” She said it with a cranky voice, obviously because of her crying. Still, she didn’t face Taecyeon.

“I was heading home when I spotted you. So, what are you doing here? You want a lift? I could give you one since it’s already dark and nobody knows what might happen to you.” He still faced her and was hoping that Jessica would concur to his friendly offer.  “You wouldn’t want to be , right?”

Jessica was hesitating if she should accept Taecyeon’s offer or just continue walking at the moonlit street. With all her thoughts, she decided to accept Taecyeon’s friendly offer and opened the backseat door. She didn’t speak a word when she was inside the car and instead she was organizing her thoughts on what to do with her relationship with Yuri. There was absolute silence when she entered the car and Taecyeon was thinking of a good topic to start off. He wouldn’t want to appear ungentleman-like to her. When he finally thought of a good idea to start off, he asked directly out of the blue.

“So Jessica, what brings you here? I thought you’ll be staying in America for another 2 years.”

“Just what kind of question is that, Taecyeon?!” he mentally facepalmed himself with his lousy question.

There was silence in return and he thought that Jessica didn’t hear him. Actually, she heard him loud and clear only that, Jessica didn’t want to answer him. He repeated his question and this time and thought that he might be answered back.

“Hey Jessica? Are you asleep?” he kept on asking her on what actually she’s doing. He looked at the rear view mirror only to see an emotional Jessica, staring outside with no forms of life on her face at all. Her elbow was resting on the side with her palm on her chin. “Jessica, did something happened?” he snapped back and caught Jessica’s attention.

“There’s nothing wrong Taecyeon. Don’t mind me, shift your attention to the road and not me.” Her voice wasn’t as cranky as before and it happened to let Taecyeon listen to her.

“I’m sorry if I asked that.” He had his grip firm on the steering wheel and glanced at the side mirrors for any incoming car. He switched lane when there was no car behind him.

“Turn left at the intersection, there’s an under construction road so be careful and a right turn from there.” Her eyes were still fixed outside; neon lights from restaurants and smoke emitting from barbecue houses were all she could see. The thought of leaving Yuri pre-occupied her mind; it came back again at ached once more.

“You mean, at Seoul Hotel? I thought your family is here?” he was shocked to find out that Jessica was living in a hotel. He never once thought that a Jung would stay in a hotel instead of a mansion-like house. “What brings you there?” he asked.

“Just drive.” She replied sternly, not even bothering to face him.

In just a quick right turn, they finally arrived at Seoul Hotel. The 68 floors building that outstood the beauty of other skyscrapers in Seoul. The building was carefully designed to outstand a fierce weather and the mirror walls were its outer appearance. It was superbly done.

“Thanks for the ride, Taec.” She glanced at him and thank for his friendly offer. Even though she had no face to show because of her continuous crying, it was all she could do for his offer, smile and thank him.

She wearily walked to the receptionist to get her keys, which she left it there before going out and towards the elevator. She pressed the 20th floor and waited for the elevator to ascend. The slow movement of the elevator made her dizzy. She leaned at the corner when just in time, it was already the 20th floor. She got her card key and swiped it at the machine. *Click* it unlocked the door.

The day was dead exhausting for her. It wasn’t expected though but it terribly hurts. She dropped her bag on the floor just beside the bed and crashed herself on the bed; tears were welling up again and it didn’t matter if she would cry out the whole night, all that matters to her was just to let her emotions rush out of her bleeding heart. And she practically did it. Loud sobs were the only sound that can be heard in her room. She didn’t even bother calling someone, either Tiffany or Taeyeon to comfort her. She felt so useless and hopeless at the same time. The only person that could mend her broken heart was Yuri and no one else. Even if advices were given to her she would prefer not to listen.

As time passed by, her tears were dry and eyes were extremely swollen compared before. She decided to get a wine from the mini refrigerator and a wine glass from the mini counter table. She poured sufficient amount of wine to the glass and gulped it in one go. It tasted different since was dry. She kept pouring and pouring until she drank from the bottle to satisfy herself. She was quite tipsy after a few minutes of drinking. She was greedy for some more and opened another one; there was only one left at the fridge. She opened the wine and gulped it. This time, she had multiple stops because of the tipsiness. There was only a little remaining and she drank it in one go. She wasn’t thinking straight and grabbed her phone to call Tiffany and invite her in her ‘little’ drinking session. She pressed the call button not gazing at the caller’s name; she mistakenly selected Yuri’s number instead of Tiffany’s (since Tiffany and Yuri are in her speed dial). After a few minutes, she collapsed on the floor holding the wine bottle. She was heavily drunk.

Yuri answered the phone without hesitation and only to hear a loud thump and a glass crack.

“Hello? Hello?” repeated Yuri.

“Jessica?” after she spoke, she paused and tried to hear any noise from the other line, but to her avail, no noise were heard.

*Beep*

Yuri ended the call and felt a heavy lump in her heart. Knowing that maybe it was Jessica’s way to explain herself to her without facing her. But loss expectations were shown.

---

ㅋㅋㅋ 

yesshh~~! i have updated :P good thing my mum allowed me to use the laptop. hihihi *sneaky~

thanks for your comments... Here is Chapter 8~~

i have to work on others' plot before I continue. 미안~ ㅠㅠ

쉿!~