The Ice Cream Parlor

It's You

 

They were silent the whole time until Taeyeon broke it. She then asked, when we reach there, guys. Where should we go? Can we eat after then stroll again? What are we going to bring to the park? Let’s eat ice cream when we arrive, shall we? Her questions were like bullets striking Yuri and Tiffany’s mind. Yuri still focused on the road gave out a chuckle and from the rear view mirror; she glanced to the excited Taeyeon. Tiffany on the other hand, still processing all the questions Taeyeon asked then she answered.

“Hmm… I haven’t thought about what were going to do. Let’s just stroll around and see if we can find something that will fancy us.” She said.

“Hahaha. Sorry guys, I didn’t plan everything it out.” Fany apologized.

“It’s okay, Fany.” Taeyeon said nudging her. “Unplanned things are better.” While Yuri still focused on the road. She didn’t want any ruckus to happen to them so she took extra care.

“YAY! We’re here! Taeyeon screamed like a little child.”

“Is it your first time going to the mall, Taeng?” Tiffany giggling to her side.

“Of course, not! I’m just excited. That’s all and plus, the three of us are going.”

Nearing the mall’s parking Yuri searched for parking spaces. She didn’t want it to be far so that when later they’re back they won’t have to walk too far. Good thing there was an available space near the mall’s entrance. Yuri parked the car carefully as possible making sure not to hit the car beside hers. With little turns and reverse, Yuri finally parked the car, safely. They went out of the car and Yuri clicked the lock button of her key. *Beep* the car sounded. They were now inside the mall, judging from their faces. They look hungry. So they decided to eat first before taking a look at the store’s merchandise. They came to halt when Taeyeon grab their arms locking to hers.

“Guys! I love this ice cream parlor! Let’s eat here. Puh-lease.” She said with her puppy eyes.

“You really love ice cream that you can’t live without them.” Yuri chuckled, setting up the mood.

“You can say that! Now, come on! I can no longer stare at those luscious ice creams.” She grabbed them towards the café.

They went inside to a mini café. They were stunned at the shop’s motif. Cute things hanging on the walls, some vintage stuff along the ceiling, pink walls and a silver plate labeled, “banjjak banjak” on the cashier’s wall. It had a warm atmosphere together with the employees’ smiles. They walked towards the table and sat down; stretching some arm muscles and looked at the menu hanging from the ceiling. They didn’t know that a simple ice cream café would have a lot of choices to choose from. Other flavors were unknown to them since it was the café’s invention of mixing some flavors. Taeyeon was simply amazed by the shop’s creativeness in mixing the flavors, only if she could, she would try all the ice creams till her heart’s content. After looking at the menu they chose what they wanted. Yuri with Mint Chocolate Chip, Tiffany with the simple Vanilla Ice Cream, and Taeyeon with Cream Caramel. Taeyeon being the crazy-for-ice-cream-girl stood up and went to the cashier and ordered their ice creams. She paid the cashier and waited for their ice creams. It was in a big cup enough for them to eat up. Taeyeon went back to her seat and distributed the ice creams and with that she starts digging up her food causing her to have brain freeze.

“Hey Tae, chill. No one’s going to steal it from you.” Tiffany said while laughing from Taeyeon’s priceless actions. She’s so cute eating it all up.

“Haha, yes I know. I want to finish this so I can buy another one. “

“WHAT? Another one?! It’s a huge cup and you still want to buy more?” Yuri exclaimed, shocked from what Taeyeon just said.

“Yeah, and no one’s gonna stop me! Bwahahaha.”  With her boastful laugh Yuri and Tiffany were surprised about her being a shikshin for ice cream.

Once they were done. Taeyeon ordered another one, “Chocolate Almond please” she ordered at the cashier and paid. She then trailed off back to her seat. Tiffany and Yuri were stunned for a second about Taeyeon’s greed for ice cream and laughed.

“Hey Tae. Haven’t got enough ice cream for the day?” Tiffany asked while staring at the café’s window. “People must be busy around this time.” She thought.

“Apparently, yes. I don’t know why I just can’t get enough of it.”

“Hurry up and start digging in. We have a lot of things to do.” Yuri said bluntly.

Once Taeyeon was done with her ice cream they stood and walked towards the door. Before Taeyeon could leave she bowed and thanked at the shop’s service and gave a smile. This was her favorite ice cream parlor. They walked along the mall’s shops, their eyes sparkling from the store’s new merchandise. Unfortunately, they didn’t have enough money to satisfy their eyes. Suddenly, Tiffany’s phone rang *Ring ring ring*. She told them it was her Dad, so she excused herself from them and drifted off. While Tiffany was talking to her ‘Dad’, Taeyeon and Yuri were looking for bench to wait for Fany.

*Ring ring ring*

“Hello?”

“…”

“Hello?” She answered again, her voice with a pang of doubt.

“Oh Hi, Fany! It’s me, Jessi!” The person said on the other line.

“Oh, It’s you! Goodness! I thought it was a prank call. Good thing you let me know.”

“Oh by the way, why did you call? Did something happen. Good thing that you’re back here in Korea?” Tiffany asked.

“Nothing. Just checking out if you’re fine. How’s everything? Taeyeon? How is she?” Jessi then raised her questions.

“Her? She’s fine. I’m fine too. Nothing happened much.”

“Did she ask you already?”

“Ask me what?” She was shocked, thinking if she knew about her crush towards Taeyeon.

“Omo! You know? Well, we’re good friends. That’s all.” She then replied.

“I know you too well, Fany. Your shaking voice tells it all.”

“Haha. Okay okay. You’re right. I had a crush on her. Just shh!” She said while smiling. She looked like a retard, smiling with no reason.

“Haha, alright. I won’t tell and also I’ll be coming over tomorrow at your house. My family left me here alone and I’m still looking for an apartment to stay in. Can I stay until I can find an apartment?”

“Yeah, sure! At least I won’t be alone for days. And Jessi, I’m gonna hang up now Taeyeon and Yuri are waiting for me.”

“Oh, I’m sorry. Okay, I’ll call you later! Bye!” with that Jessi ended the call. Still, Tiffany’s face was covered with a big smile from what Jessi knew about her crush to a friend.”

Tiffany walked towards her friends’ direction. They were talking and giggling but it didn’t bother her at all, as long as she had that smile on her face.

“Hey guys. I’m sorry it took so long. I had a chat with Jessi and she’s back and I had you thought it was my dad so I’m sorry, again.”

“She is?! Since when?” Taeyeon shot back, expressing her happiness in Jessica’s arrival.

“Yesterday and she’s still staying in a hotel now but she will be moving at my house tomorrow.”

 

***

A/N: TaeNy will be coming~ just wait :) kkkkk

and YulSic will be in a.... *zips mouth :P