Why Did You Come Back?

It's You

 

They were back on Yuri’s car and going to the park as what they’ve planned. They grabbed some things from the mall and went off. Once they arrived at the park they walked towards the swing set and the slide. Taeyeon, having a ‘kid-like’ attitude ran towards the slide.

“She sure acts like a kid, right Yuri?” Tiffany gave out a light chuckle.

“She sure is.”

The girls sat on the swing and just killed the time. They had a little conversation about their past. But to Yuri, it feels like something’s missing. She knew that Tiffany and her were friends since they were kids. But the name ‘Jessica’ just popped out from her chain of thoughts, wondering if she knew that girl. Somewhere deep in her mind, something just kept her wondering. She shook her head to get rid-off the thoughts and then she noticed, she was staring at mid-air, dumbfounded. Taeyeon and Tiffany were just staring at her.

“So, what were you thinking the whole time? You look like you have something to share.” Tiffany challenged her.

“Oh nothing. I just remembered something, that’s all.”

“Really? You can share it with us. Come on, Yuri!” She was persistent.

“It’s just something about that Jessica. Do I know her?” She then told them what she was thinking and was expecting for a positive answer.

“I don’t know. It’s your life. Maybe you just crossed roads before or something?”

“Yeah, maybe.”

Unsatisfied with her friends’ answer, she went back to her thoughts and maybe, somewhere deep within it, she can recognize the person with just her name.

But in fact she was just pretending that she didn’t know her.

“Guys! Let’s go to the slide.” Taeyeon being excited and all.

“Hahaha. Sure!” Only Tiffany responded, she followed her to the slide and Yuri was left at the swing. Just from her looks, she doesn’t want to be disturbed.

“I never knew riding this would be so much fun. Wooooh~!” Tiffany screamed in anticipation.

“See, I told ya. Haha.” Taeyeon a dorky smile across her face.

Meanwhile, Yuri was still bothered by her thoughts. She walked up to her friends and suggested that they should go home since its getting late.

“Guys, let’s go home?” She suggested. “I’m kinda bored here and I want to rest.”

“Just for a while, Yuri. We’re having fun already why don’t you come and join us.” Taeyeon said while descending to the slide. “Weee~”

“No thanks, Tae. I’ll wait by the swing and just hurry up you two!”

They went off the slide, dusting their clothes and went to Yuri. They had so much fun while Yuri on the other side, looked bored or no life at all.

“Shall we?” Tiffany offering a hand to Yuri.

Yuri stood from the swing and dusted her clothes. They went to her car and off they went. Since they witnessed the sunset, the girls stopped over to the beach and watched the sun set. With Taeyeon’s arms around their waists they sat on the sand and enjoying the tranquil environment. Waves crashing against each other, everything was so peaceful. They chatted and giggled. They drew shapes on the sand and a big heart, inside it, they wrote their names and their favorite line “BFFs FOREVER”. Yuri’s once troubled face was turning into smile and laughter. She knew that only with her friends, everything would be all right.

Yuri stood up and dusted her clothes. She saw this ice cream stand and walked towards it; she bought 3 of it and paid. “Thank you.” She said in response upon receiving the ice cream. Taeyeon and Tiffany were still there as if their bodies were glued to the ground. Yuri caught a glimpse of what they were doing and to her surprise their hands were intertwined and they were lying on the sand. Tiffany’s head was resting on the latter’s shoulder and they were pointing at the sky. Looking at them made Yuri blush for a sec. and stopped on her tracks. She shouted “Hey guys!” just to break their little PDA. The two girls bolted up and turned their heads around. “They’re so gonna kill me. Hahaha.” She thought and grinned to herself and continued on her tracks.

“Oh Yuri! I didn’t know you bought ice creams.” Taeyeon yelled.

“Yes I did.” Yuri was beside Taeyeon when she responded back.

They enjoyed their ice creams and after they were done they stood up and dusted their clothes for remaining sand. They didn’t want Yuri’s car to be gritty and all. They threw their cups at a nearby garbage can and went directly to Yuri’s car. Yuri buckled her seat belt and started the car and hit the gas. Once they were back home, Yuri landed her face directly on the sofa while the two girls were busy talking and giggling. Suddenly her emotions turned blue and hovering her mind. She didn’t know what got into her and in a flash, her mood swayed. It was a different feeling and she didn’t like it.

She didn’t want her friends to be concern about her little problem. Instead, she wore a smile and pretended nothing happened. She approached Tiffany who was at the island counter preparing some food they just bought from the mall. She opened a kimbap and prepared it on a plate. Yuri grabbed so as Taeyeon. They talked about everything that happened throughout the day, they laughed about their moments at the beach and at the ice cream parlor. The talk was interrupted by Fany’s phone call. Fany knew it was Jessica so there was no need to excuse herself from them.

*Kissing you all my love*

 

“Hey Jessi. I thought you wouldn’t call.”

“Oh, I’m sorry. I fell asleep the whole afternoon. There was nothing much to do though.”

“Where are you by the way?” Sica asked in a low voice.

“I’m at my friend’s house. Taeyeon and I will be out later.”

“Whose house? Taeyeon?” She asked, a bit surprised.

“Hmm… No, she’s my childhood friend.”

“Why won’t you invite me there? I’m bored to death and I want to eat.” She said, grumpily.

“Hahaha. I’ll ask her, wait.”

Tiffany covered the mouthpiece of the phone and stared at Yuri. Yuri was shocked at Fany’s glare. She then told her about Jessica coming to her house. She agreed with no hesitation, but deep inside she wanted to run away avoiding the other girls’ appearance and just shake off all the piled up emotions.

“Alright! Everything’s settled. She agreed. I’ll pick you up there, wait for me!” Tiffany uncovered the mouthpiece and spoke back. She was excited in seeing Sica again. Being separated for 3 years.

 

 

Why did you come back, Jessica? Yuri kept it to herself.

--

A/N: DoubleChapter :D