The Best Friend

Oh Sehun, the male God (According to Kim Jongin)

Jongin was fuming.

 

One could almost see smoke coming out from his ears and his face was burning from anger as he eyes Tao and Sehun interacting with each other in front of him. They were laughing, cracking an inside joke that Jongin hadn't understand and Sehun had to hold Tao for support because he was laughing so hard and Tao held him too.

 

That wasn't the only part, apparently Tao is going to stay here till Monday. It was the holidays in China, and Tao decided to fly to Korea and visit his best friend, smirking at Jongin when he emphasized on the 'best friend'. Jongin didn't understand why Tao was being cocky because he was just a best friend. Kim Jongin is the boyfriend to Sehun.

 

"Sehun-ah~ I'm bored." Jongin whined, trying to gain some attention from his pale boyfriend.

 

"What do you want to do Jongin?" Sehun asked with a smile on his face.

 

 "Let's go to the mall! Just the two of u--"

 

"Of course! Taotao, it's been ages since you've came here. Let's go to the mall for old time's sake!"

 

"That's a good idea Hunnie!"

 

Sehun didn't notice the sour look Jongin was giving him.

 

As they reached the mall, Jongin feels that he was the third wheel. Tao and Sehun were walking at the front, chatting endlessly. Jongin didn't even know Sehun was this talkative. He had never seen Sehun this bright before. Tao was even placing an arm over Sehun's shoulder. Sehun was pointing to places, reminiscing the times spent with Tao. Jongin sighed, his hands crossed over his chest as he pouted. How he wished Sehun would look at him that way, and how he wished Sehun was that open to him too. He suddenly felt a little insecure, the Kim Jongin, aka the boy that everyone wants to date with, is insecure.

 

"Jongin Jongin!" Sehun suddenly pulled his arm, "This is where Tao and I used to hang out--"

 

Jongin forced out a smile. He shouldn't show how left out and useless he's feeling, not when Sehun looks so happy talking about his best friend.

 

The three of them (or rather, Tao and Sehun) decides to have lunch at a ramyun house near the mall. According to Sehun, the two best friends used to eat here often after school. The noodles came as quickly as they ordered, and Jongin feels his stomach growling. Jongin picked up his chopsticks and started digging in, only to stop when he realises Tao and Sehun has not start eating yet.

 

Tao was picking out all the fried anchovies out from Sehun’s bowl, while the pale boy patiently waited. Tao sees the confused look Jongin was giving them and shakes his head in disappointment.

 

“Don’t you know Sehun is allergic to seafood?” Tao scoffed.

 

Jongin turned his gaze towards Sehun, feeling a little betrayed because Sehun had never told him about his allergies.

 

Sehun bit his lips in guilt, avoiding Jongin’s tense gaze, “It’s not that serious… Only a few itch here and there…”

 

Jongin didn’t respond and only nodded, before looking down on his own bowl of ramyun and continued eating, albeit slower now. Yet again, Jongin feels like he doesn’t know his boyfriend well enough. He feels like he doesn’t deserve Sehun.

 

The three boys ate silently.

 

After a tiring day out (physically and emotionally for Jongin), Jongin sent Sehun home. Though, it was unnecessary, since Tao was there but Jongin wants to see Sehun home with his own pair of eyes. Plus he doesn’t really want to leave Sehun alone with Tao, though it was unenviable since Tao is staying over at Sehun’s house for the night.

 

“I’ll head home then…” Jongin rubbed the back of his neck, he doesn’t know why he’s feeling so awkward all of the sudden.

 

“Ok…” Sehun nodded, staring at the ground.

 

“Bye…” Jongin turned around, and he was about to take another step when Sehun hold onto his arm.


“Don’t you want to… stay over?” Sehun hesitantly asked, cheeks slightly pink.


“It’s ok, I don’t want to interrupt your time with Tao--“


“Please!” the pale boy finally looks up, making eye contact with Jongin and the tanned boy’s breath hitched.

 

Damn, Sehun’s making that puppy eyes on him again and how possibly can Jongin says no? Even though his mother told him to come home before dinner, Jongin finds himself nodding at Sehun’s request.

 

That’s how Jongin finds himself lying down next to Tao, on the floor, beside Sehun’s bed. Initially, Sehun wanted to sleep on the floor too, but the best friend and boyfriend insisted the youngest to just sleep on the bed.

 

Pouting, Sehun grumpily handed Tao and Jongin pillows and blankets he had gotten for them. He then jumped on his own bed and snuggled himself deeply under the duvet.


“Night night guys!” Sehun chirped, very happy that his two favourite people (besides his parents ofc) are just a few centimetres away from him. He switched off the lamp situated on the small table beside his bed, and prepared himself to sleep.

 

20 minutes passed and Jongin still couldn’t sleep. How could he, when his rival??? Is sleeping just right next to him?? It was supposed to be his Sehun, not some giant Chinese dude. However, he could hear Sehun’s soft snores in the deadly quiet room and it was soothing to him, knowing Sehun has already slept peacefully.


“I’m glad you know…” Jongin suddenly hears Tao speaking.

Jongin didn’t respond, nor turn around. He kept mum. Was Tao sleep talking?
 

“I’m glad that Sehun’s with you.” There he went again.

 

Finally confirming with himself that Tao was definitely not sleep talking, Jongin finally turns, staring at the ceiling. Tao was at the same position, and the two boys was thinking something deeply.

 

“I know Sehun would be sort of lonely when I left, knowing him. He’s too shy for his own good to talk to others.”

 

Jongin smiles to himself. He remembers how he didn’t know Sehun’s existence back then, and he really should thank his geography teacher for pairing them up months ago, because Sehun’s the best thing that had happened in his life.

 

“It might take time for him to open up. He only told me his birthday after a year I was friends with him.”

 

Jongin widened his eyes at that. A year? Sehun had told him willingly when his birthday was on their second date.

 

“Sometimes he doesn’t tell anything at all. You have to learn everything yourself.” Tao continues.

 

That was true. There were many things that Jongin had learn about Sehun himself, like how his eyes brightens whenever he sees bubble tea or any sweets in general, and how Sehun dislikes crowded places, his head hanging low, biting his lips constantly.

 

“He’s someone very precious to me. I leave Sehun in your care when I’m away. If you hurt him, I’ll take on the first flight to Korea from China to personally kick your , understand? Just so you know, I’m a wushu master.”

 

Jongin turns his head slightly to face Tao, smirking.

 

“You won’t even receive a text from him, because he’s having too much fun with me.”

 

Tao glared at him, before chuckling lightly.

 

“I’ll protect him, with my whole life.” Jongin promises, his smirk turning to a gentle and sincere smile.

 

Tao nodded approvingly, before lifting his fist up. Jongin did the same, and the two did a fist bump together. A minute after, the two boys slept like pigs, snoring loudly as their worries vanished away.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun opened his eyes, a tear rolled down his cheek with a smile on his face. He felt blessed. He felt loved. With a contented warm feeling in his chest, he closed his eyes again and finally, drifting off to sleep.

-----

- /rises from the grave

- how has everyone been?? i'll stop making promises from now on lol

- i'll combine this chapter with the preview when i'll update on the next! (don't ask me when... it'll come...)

- check out my other fic that i'm going to update next! (don't ask me when LOL) "Two Is Better Than One" A Quote By Kim Jongdae it's sekailu bottom!sehun

- twitter (yall can kick my to update i'm fine with it / ask.fm requests?? want to be friends with me??? hIT ME