First Date

Oh Sehun, the male God (According to Kim Jongin)

 

Jongin his lips due to nervousness as he rubs his clammy hands together. Inhale, exhale, and Jongin presses the doorbell. Sehun opens the door and beams at the sight of Jongin, scratch that, his boyfriend~~~ 
 
Sehun was wearing a black raglan tee paired with dark blue skinnies and red converse and Jongin internally screams because he’s wearing red converse shoes too!! 
 
Sehun looks at Jongin, blinking, before looking down and looks at Jongin’s shoes and smiles brightly, eyes turning half moons, “I guess we’re telepathic!”
 
Jongin realises he actually said that out loud and flushes. Sehun leaves his house and locks his door before walking by Jongin’s side and the both of them started to walk side by side.
 
It was their officially first date and Jongin was a nervous wreck. He couldn’t even get to sleep last night because so many thoughts runs into his head like, What if Sehun decides he actually doesn’t like me and ask for a break up??!?!?! of course he was being overdramatic and he knows it but anything is possible.
 
Jongin and Sehun hops into the bus and the two sat at the last few seats. They’re going to the aquarium when Jongin learns Sehun’s love for animals a few days ago and decides that would be a great place to have their first date. Jongin glances at Sehun, who was staring outside the bus and sighs because even Sehun’s side profile is beautiful.
 
Sehun hears Jongin’s sigh and turns his head around, looking at Jongin with concern in his eyes, “What’s wrong?”
 
Jongin shakes his head vigorously, “N-Nothing!”
 
Sehun raises his eyebrow, chuckling, “You know, I’ve always thought you’re a really a cocky popular kid in school because you don’t even know half of your classmates’ names, but I guess you’re ok.”
 
It was Jongin’s turn to raise his brow, “What do you mean ok? I’m your boyfriend.”
 
Sehun stucked his tongue out, Mehrong~ and Jongin pouts. 
 
The couple started to have small conversations, learning about each other. Jongin learns that Sehun has night blindness, and he only wears his glasses to school (jongin had to ask that) because he couldn’t see the words on the board from the back. 
 
“Do you have any friends?” Jongin blurts out and he mentally slapped himself when Sehun gives him a sad smile while shaking his head.
 
“I used to have one, of course, but he moved to China last semester. I didn’t bother to make new friends.” Sehun shrugs.
 
Jongin wants to hug his boyfriend but restrains himself. The atmosphere turned a bit down thanks to Jongin’s stupid mouth and he was about to say something to break the sad atmosphere until he realises they reached their stop. The both of them alighted and they have to walk for another 5 minutes to reach the aquarium. 
 
Jongin senses Sehun still feeling a bit down, despite his expression not showing any evident emotion. Jongin thinks it’s the right moment to hold hands with Sehun, so he does. Sehun looked a bit surprised by the sudden action but Jongin squeezes his hand, as if telling Sehun that I’m here now, and I’m not going to leave you and Sehun smiled shyly. They walked hand in hand till they reached to the aquarium.
 
 
Sehun’s eyes sparkled at the various fishes before him. It’s really pathetic but Sehun had always wanted to go to an aquarium but his previous friend hates fishes for some reason and going alone is pretty sad hence when Jongin suggested to go to the aquarium Sehun couldn’t really hold his excitement.
 
Jongin chuckled at Sehun’s dazed expression, and knows he made the right choice to come here on their first date! He mentally pats himself on the back. 
 
They went to a place called the Art Hall, where there were cylinder tanks and beautiful fishes inside the tank. Sehun marveled at the pretty corals and decorations of the tanks. He waves at the cute clown fish that was staring at Sehun but the clown fish swims away, hiding behind a treasure box. Sehun pouts, he was rejected by a fish and Jongin laughs. 
 
They moved on and while Sehun was fascinated with all the sea creatures, Jongin was fascinated by the pretty boy beside him instead. Sehun was very much different outside school. In school, the said boy doesn’t talks nor smiles. All Sehun ever does in school is read and taking notes from all the classes. Outside school, Sehun is much more than that, more mesmerizing. The happy glint in Sehun’s eyes, the small shy smile tugging on his lips - Jongin’s list is never-ending.
 
“Jongin, look! It’s waving at you!” Jongin snapped back to reality when Sehun tugs on his sleeve and Jongin turns, only to be greeted by an otter who was glaring at him through the glass tank, flapping his paws as if mocking him, I see you staring at the boy instead of me punk. Jongin thinks maybe he has the ability read animals’ minds now. 
 
Sehun hooks his arm around Jongin’s and drags him to the underwater tunnel. Jongin had to admit, the underwater tunnel had him jaw dropping too, along with Sehun as various sea creatures swims past above them. A huge stingray suddenly got upclose to them and the stingray was so huge that Sehun stepped back, suddenly feeling intimidated by the stingray. They walked through the tunnel, arms hooked with each other not caring the looks they were getting.
 
They reached to a place and sees a huge pack of sardines swimming together. Jongin and Sehun stood in front of the tank, palms plastered on the glass tank and watches the sardines swims in awe, like a bunch of kids. It was really beautiful, seeing the sardines swimming together. There was a diver inside and it seems that he was the one who’s controlling the sardines as he swims and the sardines just follows him from behind. 
 
The diver sees Jongin and Sehun from behind the tank, and an idea formed in his head. He stops swimming, and with a swift of a hand, the sardines started swimming around messily, making out a shape.
 
Jongin and Sehun’s eyes follows the sardines, wondering what they were up to until they realised, the pack of sardines had formed into a heart shape. The couple blushed, realising they were the only people there so technically the heart was for them. Jongin swears he sees the diver winks at him behind those huge goggles.
 
The both of them walked back to the entrance, ready to leave until Sehun sees a booth, TAKE A PICTURE WITH YOUR LOVE ONES!  a line of polaroid films were hung in a line as examples. 
 
Sehun glances at Jongin, contemplates whether he should tell Jongin that he wants to take a picture with him because since this is their first date, Sehun wants something to remember this day. his lips, Sehun tugs on Jongin’s sleeve. The elder boy looked at Sehun and the younger points to the booth. Jongin turns his head and then looks back at Sehun.
 
“You want to take a picture?” Sehun nods in response and Jongin smiles because he knows Sehun’s too shy to ask.
 
The couple walked towards the booth, “Two films.”
 
 
Jongin and Sehun decided to eat at a nearby bubble tea cafe and Jongin doesn’t miss Sehun’s sparkly eyes as he drinks his chocolate bubble tea happily. Jongin notes that Sehun has a on chocolates, and bubble teas. 
 
Sehun eats his spaghetti happily and Jongin is just so happy that Sehun is happy right now. He casually wipes the tomato sauce at the side of Sehun’s mouth, and Sehun beams at him in return, eyes turning crescent moons and Jongin wants to cry because he really wants to hug Sehun tightly because his boyfriend is just so adorable but no he doesn’t want to choke his boyfriend.
 
It was already 8 in the evening as they took the bus back home to their neighbourhood. Jongin was staring into space, mind filled thoughts until he feels something on his shoulder. He sees a sleeping Sehun’s head in an awkward angle. Jongin chuckled softly, as he adjusted Sehun’s head, hoping the younger boy feels more comfortable lying on his shoulder. Jongin intertwines their hands together. He laid his head on Sehun’s, sighing contently. So, this is what it’s like to be in love. 
 
 
Jongin was safely back at his own house, ignoring his sister’s persistent questions on where he was the whole day. 
 
Jongin had sent Sehun home, giving the said boy a peck on the lips as a good night kiss leaving the boy blushing a mad red which amuses Jongin greatly.
 
After a late night shower, Jongin changes into his comfortable pyjamas before plopping down on his bed. Before lying down, he opens his wallet and stares at the polaroid film that he had taken with Sehun earlier. Sehun was smiling so brightly, showing off Jongin’s favourite feature of Sehun, his eyesmile, as Jongin tilted his head towards the younger’s boy, hugging Sehun’s waist.
 
Little did he know, Sehun was staring at the same exact picture, except Sehun had pasted the polaroid film on his wall, and the both of them falls asleep with smiles etched on their faces.
 
 
 
 
 
 
- eppppppppp
- next update hopefully on friday or saturday
- you guys are free to comment on any scenarios/prompt you would like to see in the future!!
- i love you guys 
- i should open my ps and make a decent poster hmm