Joonie's Life and His Pororo T-Shirt

Of Beginning, Falling In Love, and Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joonmyun wakes up to a delicious scent.

 

Never in his days of living in this apartment that he’ll wake up to the scent of someone cooking. Usually Aunt Yang, the maid who has been working for the Kim family even before he was born and also practically his favorite nanny, will wait for him to wake up and ask whatever he wanted to eat. Never in his days of living in this apartment that he’ll wake up to a delicious scent and voices of people chattering. He could immediately recognize Aunt Yang’s voice, and he winced, wondering whom the other sweet voice belongs to.

 

Then he mentally slapped his forehead. How could he forget that Byun Saehyun is living with him?

 

“Auntie how could he didn’t wake up yet?” he could hear Saehyun asking.

 

Then Aunt Yang’s voice came in. “Oh, that kid must be already in the bathroom at this time, or maybe he’s getting up. Relax, sweetheart, he has never been late to office even once.”

 

“Not even once? How cool is that.” he heard she chuckled cheerily.

 

Yeah I’m cool so what, Joonmyun smirked despite his half-conscious state as he gets off the bed, slipping his feet into the white plain slippers. After he prepared the outfit for today, he grabbed the clean towel and walked straight to the bathroom. I’m cool.

 

Meanwhile, Saehyun is busy flipping two omelets, being used to cook a couple of it at the same time. Aunt Yang watched her in awe as she casually yet carefully flipped it once more and turned off the stove when she decided that it’s already cooked enough.

 

“You sure know a lot about omelet and cooking, Young Lady.” she said as she clapped her hands. “First you said the egg should be mixed until the tiny bubbles shown up so the texture will be lighter, then you added some cheese sprinkles so the taste would be juicier, and just now you flipped it like a pro chef!”

 

“Aunt Yang you’re making me fly.” Saehyun giggled. “And please call me Saehyun. I’m tired of being called ‘young lady’ at home.”

 

The fifty four Aunt Yang eyed one of the omelets. “But Saehyunnie, you’re really a rare Young Lady. You’re not spoiled like how my maid friends told me about the Young Lady or Young Master they serve. I was so surprised that you’re awake so early in the morning.”

 

“Believe me Aunt Yang, this morning is probably the first time I woke up so early ever since I graduated from high school.” Saehyun laughed after that. She folded each omelet and put it on each plate. She grabbed a ketchup bottle and draws on it. “Done!”

 

There’s this mischievous smirk on Aunt Yang’s lips that really resembles Saehyun’s. “I wonder what will happen. Joonmyun needs a simple surprise sometimes.”

 

“Pfft, I know.” Saehyun grinned evilly as she picked up both plates and walked towards the dining table. She put one carefully at the edge of the table, and put the other at the facing side. She claps her hands. “Now we shall be waiting for Joonie to come out.”

 

“Saehyun I really want to be here to see it but I need to take care of the laundry. Now excuse me, this old woman has something to do.” Aunt Yang said before she stepped back and turns around.

 

“Nooo, auntie you’re no fun.” Saehyun jokingly whined. Then she decided to go to the balcony. She opened the glass door and walked towards the railing, putting her hands on it and stared at the view in front of her. She praised Joonmyun secretly in mind for having a nice taste of choosing an apartment, because the view from his balcony is awesome. Seoul is like a painting from here.

 

A few minutes passed by and she heard a soft click of a door being opened. She turned around and smiled widely when she saw Joonmyun stepping out from his bedroom. She immediately went back inside and closed the glass door. “Morning ramyun-ssi!” she said as she walked – practically skipped – towards him.

 

Joonmyun, somehow still not used to a creepily happy Saehyun, nodded awkwardly yet casually. “Good morning, Saehyun.” he said as he glanced around. “Where’s Aunt Yang?”

 

“She’s in the back, doing the laundry.” Saehyun said. “Breakfast is ready.”

 

“Oh, right.” Joonmyun said as he walked towards the dining area, scooting closer to the dining table. “Wow, omelet. Aunt Yang usually waited for me to ask her to cook any breakfast I want. What happened that she became so kind this morning and give me an omelet?”

 

Saehyun frowned at him. “Gramps, I cooked it for you.”

 

“What? You can cook?”

 

“No I can’t. Me cooking is as nonsense as Michael Jackson died.” Saehyun snorted, not that she’s truly angry.

 

Joonmyun actually had warned by Baekhyun that this girl sometimes will just say anything she feels to say without thinking twice, so he inhaled and exhaled calmly. “Okay I’m sorry. I’d be really really really honored to try your omelet, Saehyun-ssi.”

 

Then Saehyun smiled so sweetly at him. “Come on then!” she chirped as she took a seat in front of Joonmyun.

 

“But, uh,” Joonmyun murmured as he pointed at his omelet. “What is this?”

 

Saehyun acts innocent. “Seriously gramps? You don’t know that thing? Well apparently it comes after chicken. Or does it? Or maybe it comes before the chicken?” she eyed him with that happy evil stare.

 

“No, Saehyun, I mean – “

 

“Right, I’ve been asking about that too. Does egg come after chicken or before chicken? You know, it comes from a chicken but it also cracks and reveals another chicken, so – “

 

Joonmyun interrupts her conspiracy about egg loudly with an exasperated sigh, as if he’s really an old man. Saehyun giggled in proud. Somehow it satisfies her if she could break Joonmyun’s uptight appearance, revealing the off-guard Joonmyun that will act naturally, which is her favorite.

 

“I mean, Saehyunnie,” he said quietly as he pointed at the omelet again, “why is there a number ‘1’ on my omelet?”

 

Saehyun grabbed the napkin near her and handed it to Joonmyun, earning a soft ‘thank you’ despite the other’s annoyance. Joonmyun eyed her, suddenly feeling nervous and suspicious at the same time. Who knows what a Byun Saehyun could do to him.

 

“Well, you see, ramyun-ssi,” Saehyun said in a sing-a-song voice, pushing her own plate of omelet which has the number ‘2’ on it until it’s adjusted with Joonmyun’s. She was about to say something when she bite her bottom lip. “Well, there’s nothing actually. It’s just a happy omelet ready to be eaten by you.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter