Wedding Day pt. 1 | I.. Uh.. Do..

Of Beginning, Falling In Love, and Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So we’ll just wait until the preacher finished his question, ‘do you Kim Joonmyun blah blah blah’, ‘do you Byun Saehyun blah blah blah’, and say ‘I do’. Simple right? I never knew that wedding could be this simple. Pfft.”

 

Joonmyun stared at Saehyun. This girl is killing him inside. Just a moment ago he found her in the dressing room, staring solely at the mirror with that blank face, as if she’s asking herself what the hell she’s doing there. But when she noticed that Joonmyun is there, she immediately frowned and said things such as the groom shouldn’t be in the same room with the bride before the wedding.

 

“Say ‘I do’, ramyun-ssi.” Saehyun said with her playful high-pitchy voice.

 

“Uhm,” Joonmyun murmured, “I.. uh.. do.”

 

Saehyun frowned. “Geez. Joonmyun somehow your face can’t suits your stuttering. You can’t do that when the real thing happens.” she snorted, and somehow it reminds Joonmyun of his own mother.

 

Just when Joonmyun was about to say something, Saehyun stared at him again. “Ah, there will be a session where we kiss.”

 

Joonmyun stared at Saehyun with eyes widening. Crap she’s right. “What are we going to do?”

 

“Uh,” Saehyun thought back, looking confused too. “Well, I guess we’ll just kiss and bam, it’s over.”

 

“Are you serious??”

 

“Yeah, we’ll just kiss like a random couple would do and everyone will be happy. Yay.” Saehyun clapped her hand in sarcasm.

 

Being a considerate he is, Joonmyun’s gaze softened at her. “Is that.. is that okay with you, Saehyun?”

 

Saehyun just shrugged. “What about you?” she asked back. Then she eyed at him. “It’s not your first kiss, right, ramyun-ssi?”

 

Joonmyun blinked. Oh crap. He stared at Saehyun. “What if it is?” Okay Kim freaking Joonmyun you just gave her another thing that she could use to humiliate you. Crap crap crap.

 

To his surprise, Saehyun just shrugged as her fingers fiddled with the fabric of the wedding dress that soon she’ll be wearing. “Then it is.”

 

“Then what about you?” Joonmyun asked. “Is it your first kiss?”

 

Then again, to his surprise, he caught a glimpse of Saehyun’s expression gets darkened. But she managed to put back the poker face. “It’s not.”

 

‘Well, let’s just say that she had a not so happy experience with a certain guy.’

 

“Did you, uhm, have any boyfriend before this?” Joonmyun asked quietly.

 

Saehyun stared at him in amusement. “What if I did?”

 

“Uh,” Joonmyun his lips, “well, uhm, is – “

 

“Blah blah blah. Go now, you should be preparing. The girls will be here soon too.” Saehyun stood up as she pushed Joonmyun gently towards the door. “See you at the altar!”

 

Joonmyun stared at her for a while, and then he nodded silently. He stepped out of the room and pulled the door to close it.

 

But he didn’t leave before he caught a glimpse of Saehyun staring at the floor as if she’s lost and couldn’t find anywhere to go.

 

 

 

The church is not really crowded. They specifically invited family and bestfriends for the wedding vow session, the other guests are invited for the wedding party. Joonmyun eyed his parents at the very front row, along with Saehyun’s mother. Three of them are looking at him with that come-on-you-can-do-it smile. Joonmyun just grinned at them, and he stared at the people on the second row. There’s Kyungsoo and Minseok, both his cousins, giving him a quiet ‘hwaiting’ as soon as their gazes locked. Next to both of them are happy Baekhyun with his girlfriend Park Sunyeong, and excited Chanyeol, along with expressionless Sehun. At the other side of the rooms are other adults, some of them his relatives while the other must be Saehyun’s.

 

“Are you ready, kiddo?”

 

Joonmyun turned around to meet the preacher. “Pardon me?”

 

“I asked, are you ready?” the preacher said again. “It seems like you’re quiet nervous.”

 

Hearing that, Joonmyun chuckled to himself meaningfully. “Yeah, I’ve been feeling that lately.”

 

The preacher nodded slowly. “You’ll do great.”

 

"He'd do great of course, preacher!!" Jongin chirped. Joonmyun immediately tilted his face to find the said person. He almost forgot that Jongin became his best man.

 

Just right then, the church’s door opened, revealing a little girl throwing flowers everywhere, bouncing happily. Joonmyun caught Chanyeol staring at the little girl proudly. Maybe it’s his sister Chanbyul.

 

Then Joonmyun saw Saehyun’s father, and Saehyun herself. And Joonmyun’s jaw almost dropped.

 

The wedding dress is simple, although Joonmyun know the amount of money that costs that simple dress. The flowers are white and simple too. Even her hair, donned in a simple bun with a few strands loosening each side of her head. Her makeup, well maybe they put a plenty one because it’s a formal event after all, but it’s quite simple too.

 

But Joonmyun can’t find another word to describe the girl who loves to torture him except, beautiful.

 

When he’s snapped out of his reverie, he found Saehyun’s father is already in front of him. “I hand to you my little princess. Take care of her, okay?”

 

Joonmyun nodded slowly. “I will, sir.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter